****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody heard from CU in the last week or week and a half?

Members don't see this ad.

Interview tomorrow..the 10 hour drive to Denver is brutal! Might have to fly for interviews 10+ hours away lol

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if Colorado is very picky with their letters of rec? I just got an email saying my application is incomplete and this is one of only two schools that have sent me such an email. The other is UNLV who put my application on hold because they said my letter of rec from dentist did not specifically say I shadowed.

Just trying to figure out why Colorado put my app on hold and didn't specify why because I can't get a hold of their admissions office either.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright reporting back with what you can expect as far as the schedule goes!

10-10:30am presentation
10:30-11:15am tour
11:15-12pm lunch
12-1pm Two one on one interviews
1-2:30 more presentations/financial aid

Everyone there was super awesome. The faculty are definitely a strong point of the school. Interviews are low stress and conversational. The only downside to the school is the traffic in the surrounding area during rush hour, it's crazy busy lol

Reactions: 6 users
Alright reporting back with what you can expect as far as the schedule goes!

10-10:30am presentation
10:30-11:15am tour
11:15-12pm lunch
12-1pm Two one on one interviews
1-2:30 more presentations/financial aid

Everyone there was super awesome. The faculty are definitely a strong point of the school. Interviews are low stress and conversational. The only downside to the school is the traffic in the surrounding area during rush hour, it's crazy busy lol

Did you get any difficult questions during the interview?

Did you get any difficult questions during the interview?
Nope, they are all basic questions. The other 9 applicants who were there all said their interviewers were super nice. I thought I lucked out and got really laid back interviewers, but it turned out everybody is laid back lol

Edit: it's a closed file interview with the exception that they have access to your personal statement

Nope, they are all basic questions. The other 9 applicants who were there all said their interviewers were super nice. I thought I lucked out and got really laid back interviewers, but it turned out everybody is laid back lol

Edit: it's a closed file interview with the exception that they have access to your personal statement
Not everybody is laid back. They are for the most part, but there are a few professors that interview there who are sticklers. Glad everyone got nice ones.

Just completed my interview at CU! I interviewed with the first batch of interviewees on August 13th, along with @BasicG!

For the schedule, refer back to @BasicG's post.

I agree with BasicG in that the faculty was a strong point of the school! They were friendly, welcoming, and laid-back. I loved the positive atmosphere of the school!

Interview Type: Two 20 minute interviews. Closed file with the exception of your personal statement.

Questions: They were the basic interview questions.

If you interview on a weekday, there will be a total of 10 interviewees.
If you interview on a Saturday, there will be around 30-40 interviewees.
Just a heads up!

Try to do a weekday if you can!

If you interview on a weekday, there will be a total of 10 interviewees.
If you interview on a Saturday, there will be around 30-40 interviewees.
Just a heads up!

Try to do a weekday if you can!
Do you know if the Saturday style of interview is different? What would be the con of doing Saturday?

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd Interview Invite

Residency: HI
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/18
Application complete date: 7/20/18
Invite received: 8/17/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.83, 3.80
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/25/23/30/none

Just had my interview... Awesome school. Their technology is cutting edge, and the students seemed so happy and connected with the faculty. I'd recommend to anybody!

Reactions: 5 users
3rd Interview Invite

Residency: AZ
AADSAS mail-out date: Early June
Application complete date: Mid June
Invite received: 8/17/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.37, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/18/23/none

Scheduled for Oct. 5th.

Just had my interview... Awesome school. Their technology is cutting edge, and the students seemed so happy and connected with the faculty. I'd recommend to anybody!

Yes, its amazing! The machine to practice your hand skills was so cool to see! I'm surprised more schools don't have that. Seems to be pretty useful.

Last edited:
Yes, its amazing! The machine to practice your hand skills was so cool to see! I'm surprised more schools don't have that. Seems to be pretty useful.
That machine looked awesome! Looked super useful for people who want to practice their drilling skills without going through tons of material in the sim lab

Anyone heard anything this week? I had an interview last year and then completed everything that they asked me to complete in order to be competitive this year and.... nothing :/

Anyone heard anything this week? I had an interview last year and then completed everything that they asked me to complete in order to be competitive this year and.... nothing :/
What did they ask you to complete last year?

What did they ask you to complete last year?
I only had the prerequisites completed, not a full bachelors degree. They asked that I show I can take a full class load and finish a bachelors degree. I am active duty military so I have never been in school full time until after that interview.

Technology can be cool, but that machine is probably one of the more useless ones. It doesn’t feel anything like real teeth (although neither does plastic) and is hard to even connect your motions to real life. I would have rather that the school purchase some more milling machines, or perhaps just let the students use the ones that they already have. Not to be too negative, but I wouldn’t get too excited about that specifically.

Last edited:
I was hoping to hear something by now too but have not...

Interviewing tomorrow! So stoked and so nervous!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewing tomorrow! So stoked and so nervous!

I Interviewed with you today, just don’t know who you are by your username. It was very nice meeting everyone and the interviews were very conversational and was not stressful with overwhelming questions. Good luck to those that have future interviews.

Hello all!
I don't have the most recent ADEA Guide to Dental School, anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
Thank you!

Hello all!
I don't have the most recent ADEA Guide to Dental School, anyone know what percent of those interviewed (OOS) get accepted?
Thank you!

out of 1772 OOS applicants,
132 interviewed, 96 offers made, so ~73%

out of 129 IS applicants,
93 interviewed, 79 offers made, so ~85%

Reactions: 1 users
its from the 2017-2018 edition which bases it on students entering 2016. So its kind of dated, but its the most recent book

its from the 2017-2018 edition which bases it on students entering 2016. So its kind of dated, but its the most recent book
Does the 2017-2018 edition show the amount of offers made for every school or just a few?

Anybody who has already interviewed, did you get a lot or any ethical scenario questions? Thanks!

Anyone else receive an email from CU about an online interview prep session, but haven't received an interview invite yet? :(

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an invite for virtual interview prep? What does that mean?
CU is one of ten schools that helps applicants get advice and some experience on how to interview. The virtual interview was sent to you because you applied to the school. Unfortunately, It is not an official interview. Good luck!

CU is one of ten schools that helps applicants get advice and some experience on how to interview. The virtual interview was sent to you because you applied to the school. Unfortunately, It is not an official interview. Good luck!

I tried to join the online meeting but the maximum number of applicants had been reached already. Does anybody know if the information will be available later?

all classes now required 75% to pass including P/F classes.
Thanks! Another set of questions for you, if you're willing to answer.

How would you describe the culture at CU? Is it collaborative/helping each other type of environment or more competitive/fend for yourself? What are your favorite aspects of the school/faculty/program? What other schools are similar to CU?

Thanks! Another set of questions for you, if you're willing to answer.

How would you describe the culture at CU? Is it collaborative/helping each other type of environment or more competitive/fend for yourself? What are your favorite aspects of the school/faculty/program? What other schools are similar to CU?
I don’t mean to steal this question away, but the culture of the school is one of the things that sold me on CU. Super easy going. Super collaborative between students with everyone helping each other out, even across classes. Only a few gunners per class and even they aren’t the cut-throat/willing to sabotage type. They just don’t mess around when it comes to school or studying.
Best part of the program is for sure the ACTS rotations. It prepares you more for actual practice than anything else. Seriously. I wouldn’t have gone right into practicing if it wasnt for that.
I’ll leave the rest of the question for the person you asked it to.

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.