****The Official University of Colorado Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Sep 10, 2018
Does anyone know how many more interview sessions they will have? And if they will be interviewing anymore out of state applicants?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eemo1957

2+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Hello everyone :)
I have a quick question about the interview

After two one to one interview session,
Do we have any writing portions as well?

Thanks!

DSchoolorBust202X

DMD Candidate (Class of 2023)
Jul 10, 2018
Augusta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
Is anyone applying to get into their post bacc program?
You can't until you have been rejected. Or are you asking "Is anyone applying to CU Dental with the intent of being rejected and applying to their Post bacc program"?

Nov 7, 2018
I'm told that the admission committee won't meet until the last week of November to make their decision. No decision has been made yet, regardless of when you interviewed.

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
I'm told that the admission committee won't meet until the last week of November to make their decision. No decision has been made yet, regardless of when you interviewed.
They have already made unofficial decisions throughout the whole cycle. The November meeting is just to finalize and make it official and see if any changes need to be made as well as choose who to accept from the November 26th interviews.

They have interviewed over 400 applicants. You can’t sit in a room and compare 400 people in one meeting

Reactions: JustWisdom
Jun 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
They have already made unofficial decisions throughout the whole cycle. The November meeting is just to finalize and make it official and see if any changes need to be made as well as choose who to accept from the November 26th interviews.

They have interviewed over 400 applicants. You can’t sit in a room and compare 400 people in one meeting
i'm glad to hear they already have an unofficial decision. I don't know how they would remember someone from August even if they stood out.

Nov 7, 2018

Im just relaying what I was told. Also they dont interview 400 people predecember. They also does post december interviews. Im positive majority of your interviewers wont remember who you are from the interview, they will just rely on the notes they took during the interview.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018
Also they are not planning to fill the class on dec 3rd. Only 60 or 70 acceptance will be handed out, and they continue to fill the class as applicant make their decision.

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
Im just relaying what I was told. Also they dont interview 400 people predecember. They also does post december interviews. Im positive majority of your interviewers wont remember who you are from the interview, they will just rely on the notes they took during the interview.
So Crystal at the ASDA event told everyone that they were doing over 300 interviews pre-december.

Plus, the current students have told me there were about 10 weeks in which they could pick from to help with the interviews. Each week has around 40 interviewees. 10 on Monday, 10 on Friday, 20 on Saturday

Feb 20, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Also they are not planning to fill the class on dec 3rd. Only 60 or 70 acceptance will be handed out, and they continue to fill the class as applicant make their decision.
That's what they used to do in past years. Earlier this year they said they wanted to fill up most of their class by the end of December which is why they started interviewing in early August and sending out interviews by July.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2018
So Crystal at the ASDA event told everyone that they were doing over 300 interviews pre-december.

Plus, the current students have told me there were about 10 weeks in which they could pick from to help with the interviews. Each week has around 40 interviewees. 10 on Monday, 10 on Friday, 20 on Saturday
Hey im just letting you guys know what they told me. Im sure you can contact your interviewers or the admission committee to verify.

Reactions: coldicecream
Jun 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
i think the real discussion should be if we are hearing back Dec 1st or 3rd
either way, its gonna be a long weekend

Nov 7, 2018
That's what they used to do in past years. Earlier this year they said they wanted to fill up most of their class by the end of December which is why they started interviewing in early August and sending out interviews by July.
They told me they dont want to over commit on dec 3rd. They wont fill the class up on first day since they will continue to do post December interviews.

Mar 6, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Has anybody been able to get into contact with the admissions office? I’ve been calling every hour today and several times the past two days but still no answer. I’ve even emailed them earlier today. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be able to make it to my interview on Monday. I’m worried not showing up will mess up my chances

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
Has anybody been able to get into contact with the admissions office? I’ve been calling every hour today and several times the past two days but still no answer. I’ve even emailed them earlier today. Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be able to make it to my interview on Monday. I’m worried not showing up will mess up my chances
Just email Crystal. But just so you know they only had November 19th and November 26th open as of last week but I am not sure if those days are still available.

cooliyak

Established Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2012
Colorado
Status
Dentist
If you PM me your name, I can pass a message along to someone directly. If not, best bet is to email, like you have done, and hope they get it.

Jun 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
is it true that even if you change residency to CO, you'll still pay the OOS tuition since they base it off when you entered. They don't reevaluate you every year. I have it written down on my notes from the interview, but wanted to make sure.

DSchoolorBust202X

DMD Candidate (Class of 2023)
Jul 10, 2018
Augusta, GA
Status
Pre-Dental
is it true that even if you change residency to CO, you'll still pay the OOS tuition since they base it off when you entered. They don't reevaluate you every year. I have it written down on my notes from the interview, but wanted to make sure.
They told us exactly that. No re-evaluation, once you enter as OOS, that is what you remain for the duration of the four years. There may be some exceptions, but I am unaware of what they would be.

Reactions: coldicecream

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
You still pay out of state tuition. But after the first year you can apply for financial aid as a resident which means you would be you could potentially be eligible for Colorado state grants which can bring your tuition down to in state.....if you qualify for grants based on your FAFSA

May 23, 2017
Status
Pre-Dental

About 400 interviews for 72 seats?

Jun 18, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
You still pay out of state tuition. But after the first year you can apply for financial aid as a resident which means you would be you could potentially be eligible for Colorado state grants which can bring your tuition down to in state.....if you qualify for grants based on your FAFSA
oh he did mention the CO state grants. forgot about that.
Thanks! @princeafrica and @DSchoolorBust202X

Aug 3, 2018
I got the email with the massage from the dean. Look like they are not filling the class on the 3rd.

Aug 3, 2018
I have Co as my number 1, but if im not fortunately to be in the top 40, im going with whatever schools that accept me first. Not gonna wait if i get an acceptance elsewhere.

princeafrica

Certified Boss
Dec 7, 2017
Status
Dental Student
I have Co as my number 1, but if im not fortunately to be in the top 40, im going with whatever schools that accept me first. Not gonna wait if i get an acceptance elsewhere.
I mean you may not get a call on December 3rd but you could get a call on December 5th. Are you saying you will go with whoever calls you on december 3rd?

Feb 20, 2018
Status
Pre-Dental
Same. Unless my only acceptance is from a highly expensive school.

cooliyak

Established Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 9, 2012
Colorado
Status
Dentist
You know that people are given a month to accept or reject their offer right? Why would you just take the first offer you’re given? It would make more sense to wait to see how things play out over that first month. If you’re in a bind with a deadline and need to accept something, yeah, for sure, accept something. But to jump the gun and accept the very first school who contacts you doesn’t make much sense...