**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when UDM begins sending out acceptance for the second cycle?
someone called and said closer to feb

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when UDM begins sending out acceptance for the second cycle?
Someone mentioned, a few posts above, that they called and UDM said they'll be going through the waitlist accepting people end of Jan.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would anyone from previous years or now, know how many people the waitlist usually comprises of?

In-state, rejected no interview. Saw it coming a mile away, just didn't know when.

My deepest condolences to those who got rejected but that pretty much means no more interviews so from here on out shirt
Would anyone from previous years or now, know how many people the waitlist usually comprises of?
from last years thread it should be Around 200 and ppl said 80% got accepted off waitlist with a majority being accepted in April

My deepest condolences to those who got rejected but that pretty much means no more interviews so from here on out shirt

from last years thread it should be Around 200 and ppl said 80% got accepted off waitlist with a majority being accepted in April
Every year is different, there is no point in trying to apply that to this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Every year is different, there is no point in trying to apply that to this year.
I'm pretty sure it's the same every year since April is the deadline for all people to accept or drop so that's when most acceptances will occur

is it considered "close to February" yet??:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh: i want to know thier decision so baaaaaddd

Reactions: 3 users
You won't hear anything before February. The second deposit is due on 2/1 and some seats should be available then

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You won't hear anything before February. The second deposit is due on 2/1 and some seats should be available then

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Do you think that students interviewing on the 21st of January are interviewing for the waitlist or for spots in the class?

Do you think that students interviewing on the 21st of January are interviewing for the waitlist or for spots in the class?
Probably waitlist but I mean if they love you, you could get accepted early February. I'm guessing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Probably waitlist but I mean if they love you, you could get accepted early February. I'm guessing.

But, I read on here that someone called and they told him that there is still open spots left, so I'm kind of confused

But, I read on here that someone called and they told him that there is still open spots left, so I'm kind of confused
There's already a lot of people on the waitlist, so they wouldn't interview for acceptances and just skip the waitlist.

The only way I could see them accepting someone from the Jan 21 interview is if they loved the person more than anyone on the waitlist, then they'd probably just accept them outright.

There's already a lot of people on the waitlist, so they wouldn't interview for acceptances and just skip the waitlist.

well they could have saved spots for the interviewers in January

Last edited:
what type of ethical questions were asked during the interview?

For those visiting Detroit this Saturday, the international auto show is in town! It's very cool to see if you plan to be there Saturday or Sunday. Tickets are $13.

Reactions: 5 users
For those visiting Detroit this Saturday, the international auto show is in town! It's very cool to see if you plan to be there Saturday or Sunday. Tickets are $13.
Agreed I go every year, very cool

I just realized, for us 1/21 interviewees, I never got any supplemental questions. Anyone else?

The supplemental questions are technically the pre-interview video interview. Did you complete that?

Yes, but the earlier people had supplemental questions sent to them, and did not do the video interview

Yes, but the earlier people had supplemental questions sent to them, and did not do the video interview

Oh yea, it was mentioned before that the supplemental questions were replaced by the video interview. Basically it looks like 2017 interviews are just the video interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Right now they are making a list of who to accept off the waitlist based off thier academic update

Is the interview at the 2700 address? I was never given an address

for those of you that interviewed today, did you hear anything about when they will be calling again?

Reactions: 1 users
Your logic is sort of flawed. Not everyone is still taking classes.
Then in my opinion those who are not taking classes can't really improve their application any more but those who are can. I'm proly wrong but just a thought

Anyone who interviewed on Jan 21. Did Dr. Jeffers say when they will begin calling again or how many spots are in the class??

Anyone who interviewed on Jan 21. Did Dr. Jeffers say when they will begin calling again or how many spots are in the class??

Apparently the class is full but quite a few are expected to open up throughout the next while, so people on the waitlist will likely be contacted to fill those spots! I was there for an interview on the 21st and he gave us some good info.

for those of you that interviewed today, did you hear anything about when they will be calling again?
Dr. Jeffers said any time between today and before class starts in August! Could be any time, so we can't really expect the calls to come/not come at any specific time.

Dr. Jeffers said any time between today and before class starts in August! Could be any time, so we can't really expect the calls to come/not come at any specific time.
According to last year 80% of acceptances will occur in April off the waitlist

There should be some acceptances soon. I would just like to say that everyone should drop their seat and give it to someone who has not been accepted to any other school yet. Let the high price of tuition be the cost of those who are on the waitlist. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.