**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this dean of admission at one of the dental schools, having more than 1000 hrs or even more in ECs/shadowing does not matter. It's about showing your continued interest in dentistry by consistently shadowing and getting involved in the community. While I understand your anxiety, there are a lot of people in this thread that are in the same situation as you and desperate as much as you are, but still waiting patiently.
I am like this because I heard that January 21st is the last UDM interview day??

Members don't see this ad.

I am like this because I heard that January 21st is the last UDM interview day??
You are not listening to anyone talking..okay..so you heard that Jan 21st is the last for UDM interview..what are you going to do? can you change that? If you can't change it..then you need to change yourself..

Reactions: 3 users
You are not listening to anyone talking..okay..so you heard that Jan 21st is the last for UDM interview..what are you going to do? can you change that? If you can't change it..then you need to change yourself..
You are right about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope I didn't sound too harsh. Trust me, everyone was in the same boat..we were all anxiously waiting for an interview..we know how terrifying it can be when you don't hear back from the school. But really, at this stage, you've tried your best. You submitted everything you could to show them you are a competent candidate and the rest is up to them to decide. If worst case scenario happens (which we hope it doesn't) is that they never offer an interview to you and you couldn't go to UDM this year, that doesn't mean you don't deserve UDM. It just means you might want to reanalyze your application and see how you could improve so you could show them you have become even better next year. Whether is you need to apply earlier, develop more interest and have more EC, shadow a bit more if you are more interested or whatever you need to do you think could not only help you to get an interview, but only to make youself a better individual as a whole.
We all wish you best of luck this cycle! Stay strong and hope for the best! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I hope I didn't sound too harsh. Trust me, everyone was in the same boat..we were all anxiously waiting for an interview..we know how terrifying it can be when you don't hear back from the school. But really, at this stage, you've tried your best. You submitted everything you could to show them you are a competent candidate and the rest is up to them to decide. If worst case scenario happens (which we hope it doesn't) is that they never offer an interview to you and you couldn't go to UDM this year, that doesn't mean you don't deserve UDM. It just means you might want to reanalyze your application and see how you could improve so you could show them you have become even better next year. Whether is you need to apply earlier, develop more interest and have more EC, shadow a bit more if you are more interested or whatever you need to do you think could not only help you to get an interview, but only to make youself a better individual as a whole.
We all wish you best of luck this cycle! Stay strong and hope for the best! :)
Did you get an interview yet?

Hey Everyone I called UDM today and was told that there is room in the class and that they will start calling closer to February. Just thought I should share this info with you guys.

Reactions: 9 users
Hey Everyone I called UDM today and was told that there is room in the class and that they will start calling closer to February. Just thought I should share this info with you guys.
That is SO sweet of you to ask. Thank you so much! It really means a lot for you to share that info with us instead of us worrying away our lives haha.

Have a great night!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
YOU DA REAL MVP

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

That's exactly what I told you guys cause they need time to review our academic updates to see if our grades are keeping up then they will accept off the waitlist

That's exactly what I told you guys cause they need time to review our academic updates to see if our grades are keeping up then they will accept off the waitlist

I don't think it has to do with academic update but rather gives them a chance to see stronger applicants on Jan 21. I think this is the case because the waitlist has already been ranked.

I don't think it has to do with academic update but rather gives them a chance to see stronger applicants on Jan 21. I think this is the case because the waitlist has already been ranked.
No dr Jeff said they interviewing for waitlist

Is UDM doing more interviews?
Wow, man. I just don't understand how you're asking the same question every single post after getting the same answer over and over again AND the official word from the school's admissions department.

Reactions: 4 users
Wow, man. I just don't understand how you're asking the same question every single post after getting the same answer over and over again AND the official word from the school's admissions department.
LOL. That is why there are 30 pages on the UDM thread

Reactions: 3 users

I guess it could be possible that they'll do more interviews depending on what they want. I am remaining hopeful but patient because no one would know for sure, including the admissions directors so just have to wait and see at this point

Sorry yall folks! I am confident now than before because Danielle Harris administrative assistant said that there are still a few more interview invites to send out before the 21st of JAN. She told me that a final decision from the committee will be rendered onto my application by the end of this week or by next week. STILL THERE IS HOPE! I hope I get that one of the few interview slots before the 21st. If so, I will see yall there at UDM dental school best day of my life in da D 313.

Last edited:
:troll:

^ I've always wanted to use that
Sorry yall folks! I am confident now than before because Danielle Harris administrative assistant said that there are still a few more interview invites to send out before the 21st of JAN. She told me that a final decision from the committee will be rendered onto my application by the end of this week or by next week. STILL THERE IS HOPE! I hope I get that one of the few interview slots before the 21st. If so, I will see yall there at UDM dental school best day of my life in da D 313.

Reactions: 1 user
Since I said some profanity on facebook, does that affect my ability to get accepted to dental school? Have anyone here used some profanity on social media like FB? Will the adcoms look into my fb page to see if there is profane language? Or they dont care or dgf?

Last edited:
What do ya think? I got too happy to the point that I said some profane language on fb, and my mom and my dad are angry at me. My mom was this if i get accepted to dental school outside of my state, she will not come with me nor a step a foot out of her house. I need someone who can be there for me during dental school education. I cant do it alone.

You're going to be fine Maxwell. Just calm down a little bit lmao

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

What do ya think? I got too happy to the point that I said some profane language on fb, and my mom and my dad are angry at me. My mom was this if i get accepted to dental school outside of my state, she will not come with me nor a step a foot out of her house. I need someone who can be there for me during dental school education. I cant do it alone.

You're ****ed.

Since I said some profanity on facebook, does that affect my ability to get accepted to dental school? Have anyone here used some profanity on social media like FB? Will the adcoms look into my fb page to see if there is profane language? Or they dont care or dgf?
I think they usually stalk on everyone's Facebook to make sure you do not have any inappropriate things on your timeline, and that you are a professional and decent human being. I would go ahead and delete everything if you have anything on there that could negatively affect your application. Good luck.

How many students does UDM interview? Also is everyone waitlisted after interview?

Does anyone know when UDM begins sending out acceptance for the second cycle?

Status
Not open for further replies.