**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( was hoping the acceptances started to roll in

Based on previous years, there will be a few acceptances in mid February, but it won't be till the later months (especially April) when most of the acceptances off the wait-list will be made. It is probably safe to assume that about 2/3rds of the total acceptances have already been made at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

I spoke with Dr. Jeffers today. He said the waitlist is ranked based on your GPA, DAT, and interview scores. He said there should be 2 spots available soon, but I am not sure when he will make the acceptance calls for those spots. Let's hope more seats open up soon. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I spoke with Dr. Jeffers today. He said the waitlist is ranked based on your GPA, DAT, and interview scores. He said there should be 2 spots available soon, but I am not sure when he will make the acceptance calls for those spots. Let's hope more seats open up soon. Good luck everyone!
2 seats equals zero chance for us. I say from now on one post in this thread until April when the major acceptances roll out thank you

when he said "soon" did he make it sound like it was really soon or like a month later soon:thinking: o_Osorry, the wait is killing us:shrug:

That's weird he would say that since the email said "The Committee does not keep a ranked alternate candidate list and does not select alternates based on a predetermined order."

Now I'm not saying it's not ranked, but you'd think they'd stay consistent with what they're telling people.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Last edited:
when he said "soon" did he make it sound like it was really soon or like a month later soon:thinking: o_Osorry, the wait is killing us:shrug:
I can't say anything for sure, but I am assuming these 2 spots are from people who declined recently. I don't know if UDM has another date when they make a bunch of calls like Dec 1st. If they don't, then I think he will be calling for those people in a couple of weeks. But again, I am not guaranteeing anything. He did not make any promises. I am just trying to keep everyone updated. He also said there are a few (3 or 5, don't remember the exact number) 7-year students who had late interviews on the wait list. They have preference over everyone else. But he seemed pretty confident about people declining later on.

I can't say anything for sure, but I am assuming these 2 spots are from people who declined recently. I don't know if UDM has another date when they make a bunch of calls like Dec 1st. If they don't, then I think he will be calling for those people in a couple of weeks. But again, I am not guaranteeing anything. He did not make any promises. I am just trying to keep everyone updated. He also said there are a few (3 or 5, don't remember the exact number) 7-year students who had late interviews on the wait list. They have preference over everyone else. But he seemed pretty confident about people declining later on.
Hope you guys see some movements on the waitlist after March 1st, which is the due date for our 2nd deposit

Reactions: 1 users
Hope you guys see some movements on the waitlist after March 1st, which is the due date for our 2nd deposit
If that's the case, then I am not expecting any updates at least until the second or third week of March :(

If that's the case, then I am not expecting any updates at least until the second or third week of March :(
Hey, how did you get an opportunity to speak with Dr. Jeffers? Did you schedule a meeting with him?

That's weird he would say that since the email said "The Committee does not keep a ranked alternate candidate list and does not select alternates based on a predetermined order."

Now I'm not saying it's not ranked, but you'd think they'd stay consistent with what they're telling people.

he even mentioned in post december interview day that the interview is ranked but he will put everyone on waitlist and will not reject anyone. however, based on rank, waitlist is categorzied as highly recommended, less recommended etc. and students who will be on less recommended category will be rejected later in the cycle.

Hey guys just called UDM this morning and spoke with Dr. Jeffers. He told me the waitlist is almost at full capacity right now and that they are looking to make more acceptances by the end of the week. He didn't tell me how many acceptances they will be making but he did inform me that I was #21 on the waitlist. He didn't inform me how many were on the waitlist though. Fingers crossed!!!!

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks for the advice dentdude, honestly that gives me so much confidence. 21 is good! you'll def get in by march. Fingers crossed, knock on wood that I get then. Maybe i'll call him in a bit to see my position on the waitlist. I'll update you guys soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys just called UDM this morning and spoke with Dr. Jeffers. He told me the waitlist is almost at full capacity right now and that they are looking to make more acceptances by the end of the week. He didn't tell me how many acceptances they will be making but he did inform me that I was #21 on the waitlist. He didn't inform me how many were on the waitlist though. Fingers crossed!!!!
Wow he's telling people what number they are?!!! Did you directly call him? And just curious if you're an MI resident and what your stats are? If you don't mind

Last edited:
Stats/residency?

Do you mind sharing your stats and when did you interview

So if I call now I can I straight up ask what my number is on the waitlist or do I have to play games first

And. By the way I was right so I'm back to knowing all things. Thank you

Account created February 8th with 1 post.

We are being messed with you guys. Lol. This is the fishiest post I've ever seen. No way would they tell you a ranking on the waitlist. This is some grade A BS going on.

Reactions: 2 users

We are being messed with you guys. Lol. This is the fishiest post I've ever seen. No way would they tell you a ranking on the waitlist. This is some grade A BS going on.

I emailed Dr. Jeffers today just inquiring about the waitlist and when any potential acceptances could be sent. (Also hinted at waitlist ranking) He emailed back a few hours later saying he couldn't not give me any specifics but that usually the movement happens in April from past experience, which we already know.

That is fishy....I just called UDM after I saw that post and they told me they aren't planning on having any movement from the waitlist until sometime in March.

And they would NEVER give out a rank to someone. That's rediculous. Maybe the waitlist is ranked, but they'd never tell you your spot.People are messing with us because they know we are anxious and it's easy to do. Can't trust people, just have to wait and see.

And they would NEVER give out a rank to someone. That's rediculous. Maybe the waitlist is ranked, but they'd never tell you your spot.People are messing with us because they know we are anxious and it's easy to do. Can't trust people, just have to wait and see.

Lmao wow. Totally fell for it. I just don't understand how people actually have the life to make an account and do this. Actual losers loll

I would not trust any account on this thread that was made within the past 2 days.

I fell for it too... that's why I made an account today, so others wouldn't fall for it as well...

I called the school and there is 2 spots opened so they are telling the truth about that part

Wow he's telling people what number they are?!!! Did you directly call him? And just curious if you're an MI resident and what your stats are? If you don't mind

Yes, I called his office and was lucky enough to reach him (keep in mind I've called his office at least a dozen other times and he's always "on vacation"). I am a current MI resident. To everyone who's saying that my post is "fishy", I'm just trying to help the community and tell everyone the information I've found out. Not trying to waste my time or yours with fake posts.

I would not trust any account on this thread that was made within the past 2 days.

I made my account to share this information with you all--since I thought it might be beneficial to someone in this thread. Seeing that you've been a member of this site for 4 years but have only posted 51 messages is a bit fishy if you ask me...

I made my account to share this information with you all--since I thought it might be beneficial to someone in this thread. Seeing that you've been a member of this site for 4 years but have only posted 51 messages is a bit fishy if you ask me...
Yes, I called his office and was lucky enough to reach him (keep in mind I've called his office at least a dozen other times and he's always "on vacation"). I am a current MI resident. To everyone who's saying that my post is "fishy", I'm just trying to help the community and tell everyone the information I've found out. Not trying to waste my time or yours with fake posts.
no worries #TeamOptimism :)

but nice "fishy" profile pic ;)

literally, your profile pic is a pic of a fish:whoa:Illuminati confirmed

At the interview tho they told us the waitlist was ranked based on high priority... and Dr Jeffers would make calls as spots open based on the order of the List. This email says the list isn't ranked..
Based on what Dr. Jeffers said in the interview and phone conversation i had with him...he said that the wailtlist is ranked based on GPA, DAT, and interview...specifically GPA and DAT are 40% of the application and the interview is the other 60% (weighted more)... When it come to choosing an applicant from the waitlist Dr. Jeffers goes through the waistlist and finds an applicant that has similar scores to the person who declined the admission offer. So if someone with GPA of 3.4 and DAT of 21 AA from Florida drops he will replace it with candidate with same stats. Other factors such as ethnicity, age and gender also play a role.
I hope that helps.

According to the official guide no one gets accepted with a 17 so sorry

I'll be withdrawing my application from UDM; hope that makes it a bit easier for those of you on the wait-list.

I'll be withdrawing my application from UDM; hope that makes it a bit easier for those of you on the wait-list.
Why?! Did you get in somewhere else?!

There were two new people added to the fb group recently

Is it still the case that many waitlist acceptances will come out in March-April?

Is it still the case that many waitlist acceptances will come out in March-April?

I called this morning and Danielle Harris told me that there is no movement on the waitlist right now. She said movement will start on March 1st when the second deposit is due, and April 1st when the 3rd deposit is due. I am on the waitlist and I am trying to hurry up and wait for a call!

Reactions: 6 users
I called this morning and Danielle Harris told me that there is no movement on the waitlist right now. She said movement will start on March 1st when the second deposit is due, and April 1st when the 3rd deposit is due. I am on the waitlist and I am trying to hurry up and wait for a call!
Great thanks for the info. Hopefully we get some good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.