**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long do you guys have to make deposits?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who just got accepted received their acceptance packet yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where I can send updated DAT scores to? I sent them but haven't gotten a response or any confirmation email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepted off of the wait list!! FINALLY. good luck to everyone else.

Reactions: 3 users
April 1st is also they can see when students have made a double deposit. So I would think were will be movement after April 1 as well =)

Hoping we all make it <3

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully there will be massive movement

April 1st is also they can see when students have made a double deposit. So I would think were will be movement after April 1 as well =)

Hoping we all make it <3

I hope that is true for NYU as well! Good luck to all UDM applicants here.

i sure hope they start again this week...the wait is terrible

Hey guys, any idea how the acceptance offer will be made to the applicant who resides in the foreign country outside of North America?
I emailed to Danielle Harris the other day, and Danielle said that the UDM does not make the international call and will contact the international applicant by e-mail.
I am aware of that the applicants can only receive the acceptance offer directly on the phone by the federal law(If I am not mistaken).

Hey guys, any idea how the acceptance offer will be made to the applicant who resides in the foreign country outside of North America?
I emailed to Danielle Harris the other day, and Danielle said that the UDM does not make the international call and will contact the international applicant by e-mail.
I am aware of that the applicants can only receive the acceptance offer directly on the phone by the federal law(If I am not mistaken).

I think the federal law you're thinking of is FERPA? In this scenario, it just means if someone besides you answers the phone, the directors can't ask for whoever answered to let you know you got in. Just a privacy law :)

I think you are mistaken. There are more schools that notify via e-mail than phone calls.

Hello,
So, the applicants can still be notified via e-mail for their acceptance? Or were you just referring to other dental schools in general?

Has anyone called the school recently asking about the waitlist movement?

Has anyone called the school recently asking about the waitlist movement?

I called today and they said they should start calling mid April so maybe next week.

I just got an acceptance call today (waitlisted on Dec 1st). I am still deciding btw my state school and an Ivy so I will decline this offer. Hope someone else will get the spot.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, can I ask your stats as well? :D

Also, I heard Jeffers wouldn't really reply to emails and Daniel Harris would. Does anyone know her email address?

24AA, 3.6 oGPA and sGPA. I was actually a bit disappointed when I got waitlisted at UDM on Dec 1st. But I was also accepted to my state school on that day so everything turned out well. G'luck to you all!

24AA, 3.6 oGPA and sGPA. I was actually a bit disappointed when I got waitlisted at UDM on Dec 1st. But I was also accepted to my state school on that day so everything turned out well. G'luck to you all!

you got waitlisted on the first not dec 3rd? if so, anyone got waitlist on the 2nd?

I also got a call of acceptance this morning (waitlisted end of January)!!!!

Reactions: 1 users

did you send updates occasionally and show interest after you were waitlisted?

I interviewed in early Sep, waitlisted on Dec 2nd. On Dec 6 they sent out an official waitlist email and asked applicants to write back if they want to be kept in the "alternate list". At that point I had only 1 acceptance from my state school so I think it would not hurt to have another option to choose from. I had no contact with them at all until today when I got the acceptance call from Dr. Jeffers. They ask for a deposit of $3500 to be sent by 4/17/2017 to accept the seat.

I will send them a decline email within the next few days, so at least that's a spot available for y'all. If anything else, the D1 that I talked to during my interview day was accepted in early August, which is exactly 2 weeks before orientation. So there's plenty of hope for you guys! Good luck to all! :)

I interviewed in September, waitlisted on dec 2nd and haven't heard a single thing.

hello, does anyone on this forum know when Canadian applicants start getting off the waitlist? I heard a canadian applicant has to drop out for another Canadian applicant to get a spot.

hello, does anyone on this forum know when Canadian applicants start getting off the waitlist? I heard a canadian applicant has to drop out for another Canadian applicant to get a spot.
I am an int'l student (not from Canada) who just got off the waitlist but I will decline the spot. I don't think us int'l folks have a separate waitlist pool.

I interviewed in early Sep, waitlisted on Dec 2nd. On Dec 6 they sent out an official waitlist email and asked applicants to write back if they want to be kept in the "alternate list". At that point I had only 1 acceptance from my state school so I think it would not hurt to have another option to choose from. I had no contact with them at all until today when I got the acceptance call from Dr. Jeffers. They ask for a deposit of $3500 to be sent by 4/17/2017 to accept the seat.

I will send them a decline email within the next few days, so at least that's a spot available for y'all. If anything else, the D1 that I talked to during my interview day was accepted in early August, which is exactly 2 weeks before orientation. So there's plenty of hope for you guys! Good luck to all! :)
thats odd! To whoever got accepted can you please tell me if it was Dr.Jeffers that called because when I called in they told me he had taken a leave of absence indefinitely! So I am confused as to why they told me that since you guys are saying Dr. Jeffers indeed called to accept! Also does anyone know if there is a ranking for the wait list?

I am an int'l student (not from Canada) who just got off the waitlist but I will decline the spot. I don't think us int'l folks have a separate waitlist pool.
Thank you so much for your answer. It gives me hope as a person in the wait list.

thats odd! To whoever got accepted can you please tell me if it was Dr.Jeffers that called because when I called in they told me he had taken a leave of absence indefinitely! So I am confused as to why they told me that since you guys are saying Dr. Jeffers indeed called to accept! Also does anyone know if there is a ranking for the wait list?
Who told you Dr. Jeffers took a leave of absence indefinitely? Which office did you call?

Status
Not open for further replies.