**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Members don't see this ad :)
People who have interviewed there already, how was it? Was it relaxed/chill or were the questions grilling?

Interview #2
School: Detroit Mercy
Notification date: 10/5
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Minnesota
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21
Application complete date: 6/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.70, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/any section below a 17): 20/19/20/20/none
Interview: 11/2, morning session

Was surprised by this one as I haven’t yet actually submitted my supplemental fee or photo... will definitely be doing so now!

People who have interviewed there already, how was it? Was it relaxed/chill or were the questions grilling?

I wouldn't say it was grilling, but definitely not completely relaxed either. They had a structure to their interview and it was question after question. Afterwards, when they ask you if you have any questions yourself, that's when it became more conversational.

Members don't see this ad :)
UDM's website mentions a credit expiry:

"Prerequisites should be completed within 5 years of the application date. Candidates whose prerequisites are older than 5 years at the time of application are advised to retake these courses, preferably at a 4-year institution."

I don't remember seeing this on their website two years ago or if it's new to this application cycle. It's also unclear if this is just a recommendation or a hard rule Anyone applying this cycle (or know anyone who applied last cycle) who graduated university over 5 years ago & still received an interview/acceptance with their "old" prereqs?

I emailed UDM but haven't heard back.

I also realized this may not be the appropriate thread....I do apologise in advance if that's the case!
I saw that as well and assumed that they would not give me interview invite, esp when I had not heard from them since June. Surprisingly, they sent me an invite yesterday

Reactions: 1 user
I saw that as well and assumed that they would not give me interview invite, esp when I had not heard from them since June. Surprisingly, they sent me an invite yesterday
What were your cGPA/sGPA and DAT? That’s odd

I wouldn't say it was grilling, but definitely not completely relaxed either. They had a structure to their interview and it was question after question. Afterwards, when they ask you if you have any questions yourself, that's when it became more conversational.
I heard they do good cop, bad cop type of interview.

3.7 and 23.
Way better than me, 3.55 cGPA and 19 AA. That’s odd, they received my supplemental late too and I just got the interview. I’m a Michigan resident though and attend their undergrad

Way better than me, 3.55 cGPA and 19 AA. That’s odd, they received my supplemental late too and I just got the interview. I’m a Michigan resident though and attend their undergrad
Probably they consider me later because of their 5 year policy. Or they just forgot about me lol

Is there anybody interviewing Nov. 9th? And, I have no idea where to stay. Could y'all recommend some of the best places to stay?

For students who already did the interview, how it was? What were the questions exactly? Thank you

Does anyone know how many people they accept from interview?

how it is 159+ 134 and the whole class is 144 students. Are there more than one class?

Does anyone know when the next time they will be sending out interview emails?

how it is 159+ 134 and the whole class is 144 students. Are there more than one class?
I actually I think this refers to the fact that in order to fill the class of 144 they had to accept 293 students due to multiple acceptances. I don't think it includes waitlist spots. Every school will have more 'admitted' students than enrolled students

Reactions: 3 users
I actually I think this refers to the fact that in order to fill the class of 144 they had to accept 293 students due to multiple acceptances. I don't think it includes waitlist spots. Every school will have more 'admitted' students than enrolled students
Oh ya, you’re right

For those who already interviewed, have the interviewers asked anything about your Kira video interview? I just noticed that faculty who review video answers are the same faculty who do in person interviews. So, I was wondering if they ask anything about your answers in the video. Please let me know :)

For those who already interviewed, have the interviewers asked anything about your Kira video interview? I just noticed that faculty who review video answers are the same faculty who do in person interviews. So, I was wondering if they ask anything about your answers in the video. Please let me know :)

I didn’t get asked anything about my Kira video answers and I have yet to hear that someone who has interviewed has.

Reactions: 2 users

NOPE! They asked me a completely new set of questions. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
I am very scared about the interview, anyone has any informations about interview please let us know about it. Thank you

I heard they do good cop, bad cop type of interview.
This is true for most people I interviewed with, they try to keep it balanced, where one interviewer is super friendly and the other interviewer is more straight to the point.

As for the Kira questions, they dont ask about them but they might comment on your answers and let you know if they liked what you had to say or how you said it, that's what my experience was.

Has anyone received an interview recently? I had my application completely submitted by September 2nd and I haven't heard anything yet

Hi can anyone share how/and difficulty of virtual - interview : Kira?
I have to complete it asap and wanted to prepare myself to do well

Hi can anyone share how/and difficulty of virtual - interview : Kira?
I have to complete it asap and wanted to prepare myself to do well
It's nothing to sweat. Everyone gets different questions. Just go in confident on it and you'll be good.