**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Hi can anyone share how/and difficulty of virtual - interview : Kira?
I have to complete it asap and wanted to prepare myself to do well

It's really easy. They'll ask you a few basic questions and you will have a minute (or less if you desire) to answer each. There's really not a lot of time allotted to go into depth, so just state your answer and give a brief explanation. The essay portion at the end is also simple. At my interview, the Kira interview was not brought up at all.

Members don't see this ad.

It's really easy. They'll ask you a few basic questions and you will have a minute (or less if you desire) to answer each. There's really not a lot of time allotted to go into depth, so just state your answer and give a brief explanation. The essay portion at the end is also simple. At my interview, the Kira interview was not brought up at all.
Definitely not enough time to go in depth on your answers, you're right lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
How was the interview experience overall? Did they reference back to your Kira video answers?

She mentioned the Kira and that she had seen it but it didn’t sound like she had it memorized so I would assume that the in person is more important.
The people at the school are really amazing and I loved the environment. Everyone was so friendly and excited to have you there. It was a long day so make sure you chat with the other people in the group or you might get bored.

Reactions: 1 users
She mentioned the Kira and that she had seen it but it didn’t sound like she had it memorized so I would assume that the in person is more important.
The people at the school are really amazing and I loved the environment. Everyone was so friendly and excited to have you there. It was a long day so make sure you chat with the other people in the group or you might get bored.
I had a very similar experience, and the interview was really conversational :) enjoy the day

Hello colleagues, I need some advice because I received an interview invite yesterday and then an email that I should complete the KIRA virtual interview by tomorrow 1:00 PM, but I have an exam tomorrow so I decided to take it today. I took it already, but on the first question I got some anxiety and I wasn't really ready to answer for a whole minute, Would this be a serious issue for me? While answering the first question, I ran out of words and couldn't put my thoughts into words because English is not my first language. Should I mention it to the interviewers when I meet with them? I am pretty confident that I can do way better in person than just speaking to a camera.

Hello colleagues, I need some advice because I received an interview invite yesterday and then an email that I should complete the KIRA virtual interview by tomorrow 1:00 PM, but I have an exam tomorrow so I decided to take it today. I took it already, but on the first question I got some anxiety and I wasn't really ready to answer for a whole minute, Would this be a serious issue for me? While answering the first question, I ran out of words and couldn't put my thoughts into words because English is not my first language. Should I mention it to the interviewers when I meet with them? I am pretty confident that I can do way better in person than just speaking to a camera.

Wait from them to bring it up. Show them of what you are capable. Do not worry about this issue.

Most people told me not to worry about the Kira video at all. You’ll be fine, just do good on the actual interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Does being a legacy have any affect on chances of being accepted? I have a 3.74 science gpa, got a 22 AA on the DAT, and I’m an in state student. I already interviewed and In the interview they brought up my dad going there. Does anyone know if being a legacy increases acceptance chances?

Does being a legacy have any affect on chances of being accepted? I have a 3.74 science gpa, got a 22 AA on the DAT, and I’m an in state student. I already interviewed and In the interview they brought up my dad going there. Does anyone know if being a legacy increases acceptance chances?
I’ve heard that it does bring up your chances. Anyone that you know previously attending their school should boost your chances, but that all depends on how the interview went. I know a friend that has outstanding stats and his brother graduated from UDM’s dental school, But he got rejected because his interview didn’t go well.

Has anyone received an interview recently? I had my application completely submitted by September 2nd and I haven't heard anything yet
I had my DAT score confirmed on August 28th and I received my interview invite on September 10th. My stats are 3.72 gpa and 3.74 science gpa and I got a 22 AA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I've just got a general question here. I realize that these interviews are "in-person", but are international students also required to be present there physically, like has anyone ever tried requesting an interview via Skype or something? Thank you!

Hi, I've just got a general question here. I realize that these interviews are "in-person", but are international students also required to be present there physically, like has anyone ever tried requesting an interview via Skype or something? Thank you!
International students are absolutely required to complete in-person interviews just like every other applicant. How are they to gauge your personability and social interaction skills virtually?

I don’t know if others have made these requests in the past, but I wouldn’t want to take the risk. That is one sure-fire way to show the school that you’re not serious about them and dentistry in general. There’s other applicants who, if offered an interview, would jump at the opportunity to visit the school and learn more about the place that their about to commit four years of their lives and hundreds of thousands of dollars to.

So what are some good questions that the student can ask the interviewer? I’ve heard that’s there’s forums on here about this subject but I personally couldn’t find anything.

I asked them before. You are required to attend the interview in person.

So what are some good questions that the student can ask the interviewer? I’ve heard that’s there’s forums on here about this subject but I personally couldn’t find anything.
Why is the sky blue is a good question to ask.

What’s the address of the place that we are interviewing? The email only says access from Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

Hey, does anyone know how many interview invites are total for the UDM Dental School? And how many are accepted? For in-state?

Hey, does anyone know how many interview invites are total for the UDM Dental School? And how many are accepted? For in-state?
Around 228 for in state invites, 134 offers acceptances, with a total of 80 accepting instate.

I know they interviews a total of 600 applicants though. 100 for each interview day.

The interview is like conversation, but they ask everything. All sdn questions were asked on my interview.The interviewers were so nice. 60 students/ day. Nov 9 is the last day of interview for pre-December.

Does anyone know what the dress code and the atmosphere of the dinner the night before the interview is like?

Does anyone know what the dress code and the atmosphere of the dinner the night before the interview is like?
I think you posted in the wrong thread - there is no such thing at UDM interview.

Yea he lost me there lmao

Actually there is but only a few receive an invitation to it. The dinner is hosted by the Student Dental National Association, which helps advance minorities in the field of dentistry so the SDNA may have reached out to this candidate because of something on his/her application that fits their mission.

The interview is like conversation, but they ask everything. All sdn questions were asked on my interview.The interviewers were so nice. 60 students/ day. Nov 9 is the last day of interview for pre-December.
is udm doing january interviews?

Last week I mailed UDM a transcript containing my fall quarter grades from my masters program. I interviewed back in October

Will that help me at all? Or has a decision already been made? I remember Dr. Chang saying something about everybody being on the same playing field once you get an interview...but I’ve also heard people say they got rejected after interviewing because ”their stats just weren’t competitive enough”...so which is it?

I also remember Dr. Chang saying something about how they put your interview score in a grid system and it will shoot out an overall score for you as an applicant and that score determines whether or not you are accepted. Does anybody have more info on this process? Thank you

Last week I mailed UDM a transcript containing my fall quarter grades from my masters program. I interviewed back in October

Will that help me at all? Or has a decision already been made? I remember Dr. Chang saying something about everybody being on the same playing field once you get an interview...but I’ve also heard people say they got rejected after interviewing because ”their stats just weren’t competitive enough”...so which is it?

I also remember Dr. Chang saying something about how they put your interview score in a grid system and it will shoot out an overall score for you as an applicant and that score determines whether or not you are accepted. Does anybody have more info on this process? Thank you
I've heard a lot things, with one being that decisions are already made within the following week of your interview. Why did you email them your fall quarter grades? They don't ask for them. (They also seem to put a heavy emphasis on science sections only on DAT along with having a good GPA)

Also, anyone that told you that interviewed and didn't have "competitive stats" why were they interviewing then? Obviously something caught the ADCOM's eyes to give them an interview. Anyone that told you that just didn't have a good interview most likely.

I've heard a lot things, with one being that decisions are already made within the following week of your interview. Why did you email them your fall quarter grades? They don't ask for them. (They also seem to put a heavy emphasis on science sections only on DAT along with having a good GPA)

Also, anyone that told you that interviewed and didn't have "competitive stats" why were they interviewing then? Obviously something caught the ADCOM's eyes to give them an interview. Anyone that told you that just didn't have a good interview most likely.

i sent them my fall quarter grades for a number of reasons. It shows continued interest for one, and I also made a good gpa in graduate level anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and molecular cell bio. Also, why sit on something good for 3 weeks waiting for the AADSAS update when it could potentially be too late? Just figured it can’t hurt me.

and yeah you are right about the interviewers meeting a few days after to talk about who they liked or disliked. But I’m not 100% sure the decision is final right then and there. My experience with admissions staffs is you never get the full scoop on how things REALLY work. Anything can happen.

i sent them my fall quarter grades for a number of reasons. It shows continued interest for one, and I also made a good gpa in graduate level anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, and molecular cell bio. Also, why sit on something good for 3 weeks waiting for the AADSAS update when it could potentially be too late? Just figured it can’t hurt me.

and yeah you are right about the interviewers meeting a few days after to talk about who they liked or disliked. But I’m not 100% sure the decision is final right then and there. My experience with admissions staffs is you never get the full scoop on how things REALLY work. Anything can happen.
I agree anything can happen, but dental schools already know you can handle the curriculum if they decide to send you an interview.

Good morning everyone, best of luck today! Please if you get a call, post your State (or region) and First Letter of your Last Name so we can see if there is any pattern in the calls.

Accepted @ 8:23 AM central time
last name: S
State: Wisconsin

• Love