**** The Official University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Would you say its too late to apply at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Would you say its too late to apply at this point?

I don't think so. They interview a fair amount of their applicants and I believe they conduct post-December invites (although at that point you would be interviewing for a place on the waitlist).

I don't think so. They interview a fair amount of their applicants and I believe they conduct post-December invites (although at that point you would be interviewing for a place on the waitlist).
Ah I see, I dont think id apply then, as competitive as everything is I dont want to put in more money and have a waitlist or rejection. Thanks for the reply :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Ah I see, I dont think id apply then, as competitive as everything is I dont want to put in more money and have a waitlist or rejection. Thanks for the reply :)

If it's not a school you'd be super excited about attending then maybe don't bother, but their waitlist does move quite a bit in comparison to other schools.

Last edited:
A silly question.
For those who staying in the hotel and using uber as transportation, where do you leave your luggages during the interviews?

Reactions: 2 users
Which hotel do u stay at? They’re all very expensive

Which hotel do u stay at? They’re all very expensive
Try an AirBnb. But look for something 15-20 minutes away in a residential neighborhood.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #5
School: Detriot Mercy
Notification date: 09/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NYC
Application complete date: 07/01/2019

Last edited:
Interview #5
School: LECOM
Notification date: 09/10
Method of notification: Email
Residency: NYC
Application complete date: 07/01/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/19/22/30/None
Wrong thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have my interview coming up and I was curious to hear about people's experiences at the interview. I know someone in the thread mentioned a breakdown of the day, but I'm also curious to know the atmosphere during the interview and whether it was more/less stressful than expected

I have my interview coming up and I was curious to hear about people's experiences at the interview. I know someone in the thread mentioned a breakdown of the day, but I'm also curious to know the atmosphere during the interview and whether it was more/less stressful than expected
Not stressful except during the actual interview itself depending on who you get. Could be conversational or could be a bombardment of questions. Just be prepared.

Not stressful except during the actual interview itself depending on who you get. Could be conversational or could be a bombardment of questions. Just be prepared.
Thank you! I've been consistent in preparations but it really helps to calm my nerves by reading others experiences so I know what to expect, thanks again!

ANYONE HEARD OF UDM THAT ACCEPTS INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ? OTHER THAN CANADIAN CITIZEN...?

ANYONE HEARD OF UDM THAT ACCEPTS INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ? OTHER THAN CANADIAN CITIZEN...?
According to their student profile for class of 2022, they didn't. But they didn't say that they don't accept international students like LECOM.

About how long after submitting everything did you guys get your invitation for an interview? I received a confirmation for my app fee and photo on August 27th. Currently "Received/Under Review" on AADSAS website.

About how long after submitting everything did you guys get your invitation for an interview? I received a confirmation for my app fee and photo on August 27th. Currently "Received/Under Review" on AADSAS website.

The confirmation email for my app fee and photo was sent to me on June 21st and I got an invitation on July 29th, so roughly a month for me.

According to their student profile for class of 2022, they didn't. But they didn't say that they don't accept international students like LECOM.
where did you find the class file??

Heyy I’m interviewing October 5th! How was the video interview???

I used the ADEA database which I believe is fairly official. It say among the 164 students who enrolled last year, 17 of them are international. Hope this make you feel better

What are some reliable hotels near the university that I can book for the interview?

Anyone want to share the kira video questions :)
They're not that bad plus there's a few things wrong with doing something like that. I recommend preparing for them like you're preparing for the real interview as this is basically practice for it.

Where have you guys been booking your hotels at?
Here are some recommendations in addition to the ones they listed in their email
Hampton Inn and Suites Allen Park
Country Inn and Suites by Radisson
DoubleTree by Hilton Detroit Dearborn

Just received an interview invite yesterday (9/18). Canadian applicant.
Application completed on 7/23. There are still a few dates available in Sep, Oct, and Nov.
Let me know if anyone is interviewing on 11/9! :)

A silly question.
For those who staying in the hotel and using uber as transportation, where do you leave your luggages during the interviews?

I emailed UDM, and they said they will have a place for them during the interview :)

Anyone interviewing 10/12 in the morning? Im flying in at 3 PM on the 11th if anyone wants to meet up!

Just completed the online interview. For all of you stressing about it, DONT! They are VERY generic interview questions, so just do your practice and you shall be fine

Just completed the online interview. For all of you stressing about it, DONT! They are VERY generic interview questions, so just do your practice and you shall be fine

did you dress up similar to what you will be wearing for the actual interview?

When was the last time they sent interviews and did they get into August applications yet?