*** The Official UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2022* Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Withdrew the acceptance just now,
Good luck for everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Was offered an interview here last week but declined.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #2

Date:
1/22/19
Residency: CA
GPA: 3.480 oGPA/ 3.435 sGPA
DAT: 22AA/22TS/22PAT

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an interview invite for the alternative list!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!! Me too! Anyone know what the likelihood is for getting off the alternate list??

Reactions: 2 users

Congrats!! Me too! Anyone know what the likelihood is for getting off the alternate list??

congrats to you both! so does this mean they've already filled up their class for the most part and they're just building the alternative list now?

Hey guys, I got the "under review" email back on Dec. 18.
My stats are: oGPA:3.48 , sGPA: 3.30 DAT: 20. Do you think I even have a chance at an interview?
And how many dates do you think they still have?

Thanks!
When I got the call from the admissions counselor, she gave me 2/25, 2/28, and 3/4 options for interview dates. Not sure if that helps!

When I got the call from the admissions counselor, she gave me 2/25, 2/28, and 3/4 options for interview dates. Not sure if that helps!
It does! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Received an interview last week for 2/14 :)
Any tips from those who already went to an interview at UOP?

Received an interview last week for 2/14 :)
Any tips from those who already went to an interview at UOP?

Congrats, did they tell you if it was for an alternate list or actual spots?

When does Pacific stop interviewing? I understand interviews right now are for alternate/waitlist

Do you mind me asking if they mentioned "alternative list" both during the call and on the email?
Admissions counselor mentioned my interview was for alternate list on the phone, but my email does not specify.

Has anyone heard of some of the essay topics this year's interviewees were given to write about during the interview?
They have 2 very short timed writings, one in the beginning and one at the end to see how your day went. They are literally so easy that you cannot prepare for them.

Any idea when the interview cycle ends as well is if/when they send rejection emails?

Any idea when the interview cycle ends as well is if/when they send rejection emails?
Not sure when they'll stop interviewing for this cycle, but according to last year and 2017's threads, they send rejections in April

I just received an interview today for 2/11, but she didn't mention it would be for an alternate spot and the email didn't say anything about it either. Do you guys think they just forgot to mention it or is this actually for a spot?

I just received an interview today for 2/11, but she didn't mention it would be for an alternate spot and the email didn't say anything about it either. Do you guys think they just forgot to mention it or is this actually for a spot?
Mine didn't mention anything about "alternative list" either and I am dying to find out whether all interviews are for an alternative seat at this point or a selected number. Your interview is three days before me. Please let me know if they tell you about it during the interview

Those people who are getting interviews, I feel are mostly west coast, right?

Accepted today! Missed the call but they left a voice message and a follow-up email. Interviewed last Monday.

Reactions: 8 users
Anyone heard back from uop? Interviewed on 1/31 :/

Reactions: 1 users
Any new interview invites/rejections/under review emails?

I'm trying really hard to stay patient but it's really hard

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED! Just got the call

Got accepted today :) Interviewed 2/14

Last edited:
Congrats guys!! Join the FB page!

Did you send a letter of intent or anything? Also does the Facebook group tell you how many people are in so far?
Yes, I did send a letter of intent to the admission. Facebook page says 115 members but not sure if all members are from class of 2022. Seems like there are members from the class of 2021 too.

For all people waiting for UOP

Let's have this
luck token

:luck:

Make sure to touch the screen to get lucky
:laugh:

I am
serious!

Just an update, this lucky charm really worked and I got invited on Friday after given up on this school.

Go back 2 pages and touch the lucky charm, hopefully, you will get invited or accepted to UOP or other schools you want to attend.

But you gotta believe that

Last edited:
Yes, I did send a letter of intent to the admission. Facebook page says 115 members but not sure if all members are from class of 2022. Seems like there are members from the class of 2021 too.
Congrats on getting in!! and thanks for letting me know! Also how long after the interview did you send your letter of intent?

Congrats on getting in!! and thanks for letting me know! Also how long after the interview did you send your letter of intent?
I sent my letter of intent the day after my interview and got accepted 8 business days after my interview.

Does anybody have any interview preparation advice for this school? I heard it was pretty conversational and easy, but I'm still not exactly sure what that entails.

Does anybody have any interview preparation advice for this school? I heard it was pretty conversational and easy, but I'm still not exactly sure what that entails.
You're exactly right, totally conversational. My advice would be just know your application front and back because your faculty interviewer will have access to it beforehand. Just be able to confidently and professionally talk about your experiences, awards, bad grades (lol my experience) and tie purpose to each of those.

Just got ACCEPTED!! Don't lose your hope guys!

I declined my UOP invitation.
I hope someone who has UOP as his dream school or who does not have any interview yet, get invited in my place.

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.