*** The Official UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2022* Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got accepted by UoP! But planning on withdrawing my acceptance tomorrow so look out for more acceptances!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I declined my UOP invitation.
I hope someone who has UOP as his dream school or who does not have any interview yet, get invited in my place.
What day was your interview invitation for?

What day was your interview invitation for?

When they called, they gave me two options: March the 14th and April the 1st.
I chose the 14th.

Thanks for letting me know! Would you happen to know when they stop interviewing? I try to call them but I can never get through :/
Not sure when they stop, but they offered April 4th for the interview date. Hope that helps!

Had my interview mid February and was just notified by email that I’m on the alternate list. Does that mean all seats are filled?

Reactions: 1 user
I got invited to interview last week but Stephanie said the only available date is in April. She said that by that time I MIGHT be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist because it is so late. Did she say this to people who got a call to interview for a waitlist spot as well? Or am I interviewing for a full spot with the possibility of waitlist just due to timing? What do you guys think :O

Members don't see this ad :)
I got invited to interview last week but Stephanie said the only available date is in April. She said that by that time I MIGHT be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist because it is so late. Did she say this to people who got a call to interview for a waitlist spot as well? Or am I interviewing for a full spot with the possibility of waitlist just due to timing? What do you guys think :O

You are interviewing for a spot with the possibility of waitlist due to timing. but obviously, if you don't do well on the interview, you can still be waitlisted even if there is an opening in the class.

I got an email that I am on the alternate list!

Reactions: 1 users
The lady near the end of the interview day said the class is indeed full and that people will be notified if they are on the waitlist so I’m assuming the interviews are for a waitlist spot. She said there’s hope because some people might not make anymore deposits and lose their spots and that spots might open up. She also said about up to 1/3 or 2/3 of the waitlist gets accepted and I believe the waitlist is ranked. Good luck everyone!

The lady near the end of the interview day said the class is indeed full and that people will be notified if they are on the waitlist so I’m assuming the interviews are for a waitlist spot. She said there’s hope because some people might not make anymore deposits and lose their spots and that spots might open up. She also said about up to 1/3 or 2/3 of the waitlist gets accepted and I believe the waitlist is ranked. Good luck everyone!

Did you interview today?

We had our second (and last) deposit due 4/1, so they are probably sorting through who didn’t/ who won’t pay the second deposit and making those seats available as they go! This is not a fact, this is just what I think fyi

Just got accepted today! Didn’t get on the waitlist and I interviewed last Thursday :)

Reactions: 2 users
I'm looking to get a tour of UOP this upcoming weekend, where can I go to get information on this?

I'm looking to get a tour of UOP this upcoming weekend, where can I go to get information on this?
It should be on the UOP’s website or you can call the admissions or student affairs office so it’s faster

Because I was personally on standby and didn't get in that cycle and got in the next cycle without even being invited to an interview
That’s awesome congrats!! Do you mind sharing what quartile you were in and if you had to reapply?

That’s awesome congrats!! Do you mind sharing what quartile you were in and if you had to reapply?

I don't remember the quartile. I was one of two that were on standby. The other one got in and then I reapplied only to UOP and got accepted without an interview on the first day of acceptances in December.

I don't remember the quartile. I was one of two that were on standby. The other one got in and then I reapplied only to UOP and got accepted without an interview on the first day of acceptances in December.
Is being on standby and on the alternative list two different things??

Is being on standby and on the alternative list two different things??
Yes. Being invited to be on standby means you attend the first week of school in the case that someone drops after the school year already begins.

Yes. Being invited to be on standby means you attend the first week of school in the case that someone drops after the school year already begins.
Do only a select few get invited to be on standby and when does UOP notify you if you are?

I’m in the first quartile :O.. fingers crossed T_T

ANyone get accepted off the waitlist yet?

Thanks SSBSSGohan for your reply. Same quartile for me. I hadn't heard back at all either.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck getting in contact with the admissions office?

Hello Everyone, for the students who applied last cycle, has anyone heard of applicants applying later (August or September) and still getting acceptance into UOP? Due to some personal circumstances I may have to take my DAT in mid September and I’m hoping this isn’t considered late since I heard interviews begin in August. I have submitted my application with everything else completed in June. The only thing left is my DAT score. Thank you in advance!

Hello Everyone, for the students who applied last cycle, has anyone heard of applicants applying later (August or September) and still getting acceptance into UOP? Due to some personal circumstances I may have to take my DAT in mid September and I’m hoping this isn’t considered late since I heard interviews begin in August. I have submitted my application with everything else completed in June. The only thing left is my DAT score. Thank you in advance!

UoP interviews go on well into april I believe and I know for sure that they do interview applicants that applied around November-December. Keep in mind though that the late post-December interviews might be for alternate positions once the class is full. I believe it's worth applying if you can get your application in as soon as you can after your DAT.

UoP interviews go on well into april I believe and I know for sure that they do interview applicants that applied around November-December. Keep in mind though that the late post-December interviews might be for alternate positions once the class is full. I believe it's worth applying if you can get your application in as soon as you can after your DAT.

That makes sense! Earlier the better. I’ll be shooting for an earlier date then. Thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.