*** The Official UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2023* Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Congrats! Do you happen to know if they're just starting to send out invitations to international applicants? I'm international and haven't heard back :(
Honestly I have no idea but I think it would depend on when you applied. They send out interviews on rolling basis

Members don't see this ad.

Greetings from the Dugoni School! We haven't read through the entire thread, however, we wanted to share an update on our admissions cycle: although acceptance day is right around the corner, we will continue to interview candidates for seats in the class as we continually review applications. We will be sending an email with additional information in December to applicants who are still under review. We will not accept supplemental application information/updates other than what you submitted on AADSAS.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from UoP since they made their post here?

Has anyone heard from UoP since they made their post here?
I wouldn’t trust that post though. Even though it doesn’t say anything wrong, I highly doubt that the REAL Dugoni admissions would post anything on sdn.

Is anyone in yet?? Are they calling or emailing or what is going on?? So nervous/excited!

Has anyone got an acceptance call yet? I heard last year, lots of people got a call at 9am

Reactions: 1 user
just got the call!! 2:22pm PST

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call at 4:20pm MST!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Do they do post-December interviews? And I'm OOS

Hey! Got accepted 2:00 pm PST. Do we have to take any action before January? Also, is there a facebook group yet?

Hey! Got accepted 2:00 pm PST. Do we have to take any action before January? Also, is there a facebook group yet?

I think you only have to pay the deposit. Maybe the email containing the next instructions will contain a link to a Facebook group?

Has anyone received an email or package in the mail about next instructions since Monday?

Hey you guys who got accepted, what were your stats if you don't mind me asking

Is there a facebook group for Class of 2023? I just wanna know how many people got accepted

Just received an email about an update and supplemental questionnaire; did everyone who didn't get an interview yet get this email?

Reactions: 10 users
Just received an email about an update and supplemental questionnaire; did everyone who didn't get an interview yet get this email?
Me too. No interview, but just got this email. Curious what it signifies... sent to anyone still under review but not yet rejected, or possibly anyone on the cusp of receiving an interview?

Has UoP sent out rejections yet? If so, this email would seem to be good news.

I also got one. I think everyone who is "under review" got the email with supplemental questionnaire link. It's interesting that they didn't include these questions in the previous status update email...

When did you get your previous status update ? And, Are you implying that no one has gotten rejected yet ?

Prior to this, I got a status update email in Sept. Im not sure about people getting rejections early on in the cycle, esp those who didn't get interviewed.

I also got one. I think everyone who is "under review" got the email with supplemental questionnaire link. It's interesting that they didn't include these questions in the previous status update email...
I think this is the next step before receiving an interview invite but more on the end of interviewing to be placed on the "alternate list"... better than not getting a supplemental at all if that makes sense.

Does anyone know if it is more difficult to specialize coming from UOP? Does the program allow you enough time to explore specialties and also become a competitive applicant for specialization?

Those that interviewed 12/5, 12/9 and 12/12- have any of you heard back yet?

Last edited:
Just got a phone call with an interview invite, don't lose hope y'all !! I'm surprised they call instead of sending an email. The person on the phone said that there were 3 dates in February I could choose from. I'm surprised I got an invite because I didn't answer their supplementary questions at all lol

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a phone call with an interview invite, don't lose hope y'all !! I'm surprised they call instead of sending an email. The person on the phone said that there were 3 dates in February I could choose from. I'm surprised I got an invite because I didn't answer their supplementary questions at all lol
congrats! would you mind sharing stats/OOS or IS/when you submitted?

Will they send out an email as well?? Im out of country and i really dont want to miss the invitation :(

congrats! would you mind sharing stats/OOS or IS/when you submitted?
Thank you!! I'm in state and I got an "Under Review" email from them on 7/17.

My stats are:
science GPA: 3.52, overall GPA: 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/23/25/None
Shadowing: probably like 250 hours? and volunteering probably about 400-500 hours. Currently working as an oral health educator/patient coordinator at a dental clinic, and I feel like my biggest weakness was no research or hands-on dental experience.

Will they send out an email as well?? Im out of country and i really dont want to miss the invitation :(
I'm not sure :( the lady on the phone mentioned they would be sending me a confirmation email but it's been about 5 hours and I still haven't received one. If they can't reach you via phone call I am certain they will email you though!

I also got a call today for an interview on February 6, but since its kind of late is it true its potentially just a spot for the alternate list? I had a choice to interview in mid January but I'll be interviewing at Touro, NY on the the day before that interview. Should I just schedule it for an earlier date or keep the date that's more convenient for me?

I also got a call today for an interview on February 6, but since its kind of late is it true its potentially just a spot for the alternate list? I had a choice to interview in mid January but I'll be interviewing at Touro, NY on the the day before that interview. Should I just schedule it for an earlier date or keep the date that's more convenient for me?
From what people have said in the past they usually let you know if it’s an alternate list spot. You could definitely call to clarify I think too!

From what people have said in the past they usually let you know if it’s an alternate list spot. You could definitely call to clarify I think too!
ok thanks! because the email doesn't mention alternate list it just says "for an interview for a potential seat in the incoming Class of 2023"

ok thanks! because the email doesn't mention alternate list it just says "for an interview for a potential seat in the incoming Class of 2023"
I actually really think that is not alternate list :)

Has anyone received confirmation from UOP that their supplemental questioner was received? I just submitted mine and wanted to know if I should be getting confirmation from them in the next few days that they got it?

If you mean the supplemental survey, then I was wondering the same question. Based on what I read here though, it wouldn't really affect our chances of getting an invitation, right? Because someone here mentioned they were invited without answering those questions.

Yea it makes me feel like if they want you they’ll want you no matter what. If not, they don’t even care lol...

And esp. since this supplementary seems like a mass email...

But then again this is probably true of most schools lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received confirmation from UOP that their supplemental questioner was received? I just submitted mine and wanted to know if I should be getting confirmation from them in the next few days that they got it?
I submitted mine the day I received the email (12/11) and I never got a confirmation email from them. But I did receive a call for an interview yesterday, so just wait and hopefully you'll receive an interview too :)

If you mean the supplemental survey, then I was wondering the same question. Based on what I read here though, it wouldn't really affect our chances of getting an invitation, right? Because someone here mentioned they were invited without answering those questions.

I think it was sort of a "hold tight and here's something to keep you busy" email lol. I got the interview call without filling out the supplemental survey too.