*** The Official UoP School of Dentistry Class of 2023* Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Congrats!
I filled it out just to make sure I wouldn't give them any reason not to invite me. But no luck yet

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I’m sure the questions are somewhat helpful for them about applicants their on the edge about inviting or not! I actually appreciate them sending out the survey lol, it gives me a chance to advocate for myself and show continued interest in the school! I almost wish more schools did stuff like this after sending out the first round of acceptances but also that would be SO much writing haha!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a facebook group for Class of 2023? I just wanna know how many people got accepted
There is a page on facebook. They don't add you unless you're accepted, but you can see how many members are in the group. I think there's around 40ish or so in the group (probably a low ball since not everyone is in the group yet im sure).

Also interviewed 12/12 any news? One of my friends that interviewed with us got an acceptance last saturday but I believe they've since went on break and should resume business as usual on monday 1/6.

Also interviewed 12/12 any news? One of my friends that interviewed with us got an acceptance last saturday but I believe they've since went on break and should resume business as usual on monday 1/6.

I also got my acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
I just received an interview invite via phone call yesterday! So excited

Yay, what are your stats?

3.38 overall GPA, 3.08 sGPA, 22 AA/TS and 1000 or so volunteer hours, lemme know if you’d like more info haha

Just received my first interview invite from UOP earlier today! How was the interview like for those that have gone? What should I expect for the interview format?

Just received my first interview invite from UOP earlier today! How was the interview like for those that have gone? What should I expect for the interview format?
The interview is very conversational. Everyone there is very friendly and nice. There are 2 essay questions you need to answer before and after the interview. Also they gave us chocolate at the end of the interview lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Can I ask when you submit your application?
Thank you!
Supplemental app fee submitted: 8/16/19
File in process: 8/21/19
File under review: 9/12/19
Supplemental questionnaire: 12/11/19
Interview invitation: 1/7/20

Thank you!
Supplemental app fee submitted: 8/16/19
File in process: 8/21/19
File under review: 9/12/19
Supplemental questionnaire: 12/11/19
Interview invitation: 1/7/20
Do you mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone gotten an interview recently? or know when they stop interviewing?

Invited to interview Feb 27! Does anyone know how many seats are still open? How soon after the interview do you hear back with a decision?

I've heard that they tell people to expect to hear back in 2-3 weeks after interview

Do you guys think they would still invite for an interview? I'm a re-applicant both no luck this time around so far either.

Invited to interview Feb 27! Does anyone know how many seats are still open? How soon after the interview do you hear back with a decision?
I interviewed just this week and they said they would get back in 1-2 weeks with a decision! Not sure how many seats are still open.

Hey guys I just realized by looking at this thread that they sent out an email with that survey in December and I totally missed it. Was it necessary to do to get an interview invite?
I filled it out and was offered an interview a few weeks later

Hey guys I just realized by looking at this thread that they sent out an email with that survey in December and I totally missed it. Was it necessary to do to get an interview invite?
I filled it out but did NOT get an invitation.

Yeah I filled it out as well and did not get an invitation

I'm pretty sure other people in the thread have said they didn't fill it out but still received interviews

Nope, I didn't fill it out and still received an interview.

Received interview invite via email 5:41 PM. Did not fill out supplemental questionnaire. They are still offering interview date into early April.

wow, you got so many acceptance good job man!!! r u attending this interview???
Thank you so much! Yes, I will be taking the interview offer :) UOP has been one of my top choices as far as I can remember, and I've only heard wonderful things about the Dugoni Family!

Interview #3
Notification date: 2/11/20; 2/12/20
Method of notification: Email; Stan Constantino calls me
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/12/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.60, 3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/24/24/27/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Monday, 3/9/2020!

Leading up to invitation:
- Attend UOP pre-dent events
- Optional supplemental questionnaire sent in December
- 0 interview invites until February
- 2/11/20 (~10AM): I call UOP asking if I could send in a rec letter from a UOP alumni (who I currently work for). Erica informs me that my application will be paused until they receive the letter from my dentist.
- 2/11/20 (~4PM): I get an email with the interview invitation :wideyed: Offer dates: Thursday, March 5, Monday, March 9, Thursday, April 2 or Monday, April 6.
- 2/12/20 (~4PM): I receive a call from area code (415). Stan asks when I'd like to interview.

I was seriously ecstatic when I received the invitation because I definitely thought my application was on pause. It took me by surprise and I told everyone I knew that I got the interview!:rofl:

Good luck to applicants who are still waiting on an interview invitation or acceptance letter :woot:

If anyone has already interviewed and has some good tips for future interviewees, please share! :nod:

Hello! I was wondering - people who interviewed early Feb have you heard back from admissions? On Monday it will be two weeks post interview, would it be too much to call admissions today (friday 2/14) to check on my status?

Hello! I was wondering - people who interviewed early Feb have you heard back from admissions? On Monday it will be two weeks post interview, would it be too much to call admissions today (friday 2/14) to check on my status?
I interviewed on Feb 3rd and have not heard back. I emailed my interviewer last week to say thank you and he replied... but yeah nothing else

Reactions: 1 users
Did you end up calling?? or hear back??