***The Official UPenn Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I was just wondering... I talked to many people who already had an interview at Penn. I have not seen a single person who did not have a good interview. I think myself had a good interview as well. My interviewers did not ask me many questions.... Does UPenn ever reject people who had an interciew? I am worried becauae I had a late interview.. and would love to go to Penn...
Let's think about it this way: You can receive an acceptance call literally any minute from now! So brace yourself! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Let's think about it this way: You can receive an acceptance call literally any minute from now! So brace yourself! :D

I interviewed this past Friday and they told us that we would find out from them no sooner than two weeks. Is that accurate? When might I reasonably expect to hear?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed this past Friday and they told us that we would find out from them no sooner than two weeks. Is that accurate? When might I reasonably expect to hear?
I interviewed on 01/27 and was accepted 02/15.

Members don't see this ad :)

I interviewed 1/13 and got the call 1/24, even though she had told us the same "no sooner than two weeks" lol

I'm in! Interviewed Feb 10th and got the call Feb 20th.

This is a great school, however I'm concerned about the location. Even though the city itself seems safe, As a Woman of Color I am reticent to move to a state that supports Trump.

This is a great school, however I'm concerned about the location. Even though the city itself seems safe, As a Woman of Color I am reticent to move to a state that supports Trump.

This might be the lowest-effort troll account yet. Sad!

Reactions: 15 users
Interviewed more than two weeks ago. Still no phone call from Corky. Should I call them..........?

Last edited:
Interviewed more than two weeks ago. Still no phone call from Corky. Should I call them..........?

Probably a waitlist letter traveling to your house this very moment.

Members don't see this ad :)
Aww... how do you know? Is the class already full?

They have no idea. Keep your head up! Penn sent out quite a few acceptances mid to late feb, so they could be waiting for those responses before sending out another round of acceptances to all the kids who interviewed 16th, 17th, 23rd and 24th

Corky said that they select 2-3 candidates to accept initially 2 weeks out from each interview group. You may not have been one of the 2-3, but that definitely doesn't mean that you're not still being considered! At this point you could get a notification at any time between now and summer. It's not uncommon for people to get accepted in March, April, or May! Stay patient. Hoping for the best for you :)

Reactions: 1 users
Corky said that they select 2-3 candidates to accept initially 2 weeks out from each interview group. You may not have been one of the 2-3, but that definitely doesn't mean that you're not still being considered! At this point you could get a notification at any time between now and summer. It's not uncommon for people to get accepted in March, April, or May! Stay patient. Hoping for the best for you :)

Thanks for the encouragements guys. Hopefully I hear back from Corky sometime this week...... I have already put down a deposit to another school, but I plan to go to Penn if get accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Everyone who I've spoken to that haven't heard back in two weeks got a snail mail waitlist. Who knows, maybe you could be the exception.

Everyone who I've spoken to that haven't heard back in two weeks got a snail mail waitlist. Who knows, maybe you could be the exception.

I spoke with admissions yesterday and I was told that no decisions have been made for applicants who interviewed on 16th, 17th , 23rd and 24th as I expected. They gave out acceptances mid feb to late feb and are going to wait for all those responses until notifying the newly interviewed applicants. Hope that puts others at ease as well!

I spoke with admissions yesterday and I was told that no decisions have been made for applicants who interviewed on 16th, 17th , 23rd and 24th as I expected. They gave out acceptances mid feb to late feb and are going to wait for all those responses until notifying the newly interviewed applicants. Hope that puts others at ease as well!

Yeah I can confirm that. I just called. They're waiting on responses before making new offers.

hey guys! I interviewed 2/10 and got an acceptance call from Corky yesterday 3/7! keep your heads up and good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 3rd week of feb just got snail mail waitlisted . Best of luck everyone

To confirm for those that were accepted, in the remaining course load, we cannot receive a grade lower than C (60%?). So a grade between 60%-70% won't change anything?

Hey guys!
Just wanted to let y'all know that I was accepted on 3/7, and will be turning down the offer. There are still spots if you haven't heard back or on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet!

Hey guys!
Just wanted to let y'all know that I was accepted on 3/7, and will be turning down the offer. There are still spots if you haven't heard back or on the waitlist. Good luck to everyone who hasn't heard back yet!

Out of curiosity, when did you interview?

Accepted 15 minutes ago!! Interviewed 2/24.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
For anyone that was accepted, what options do we have in regards to the cost of attendance? Doesn't FAFSA only offer 250k in loans?

For anyone that was accepted, what options do we have in regards to the cost of attendance? Doesn't FAFSA only offer 250k in loans?
Stafford covers only about 160k and is 1% origination fee and looks to be 6% at the moment. The rest will be grad plus and it is infinite. Grad plus has a 4.2% origination fee and is projected to be about 7% interest.

I feel you've interviewed but haven't heard anything at all (not even waitlist), does that probably mean a soft rejection?

So I haven't heard anything from admissions yet and I submitted in June...should I email them asking for an update and if so what should I say?
21 AA and TS.
3.8 OGPA and SGPA

So I haven't heard anything from admissions yet and I submitted in June...should I email them asking for an update and if so what should I say?
21 AA and TS.
3.8 OGPA and SGPA

Did you interview?

Does anyone know when the ADCOM will start to consider waitlist pool?