***The Official UPenn Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Did anyone get rejected without interview but status on AADSAS still says "Under Review"?

Just got the rejection in the mail yesterday. Mine still says under review on AADSAS lol

Members don't see this ad.

Turning down the interview I had for Jan 26. Committing to my state school. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an interview invite! I already have a deposit down at MWU-AZ so I'm not sure if I'll be going yet.

I just received an interview invite! I already have a deposit down at MWU-AZ so I'm not sure if I'll be going yet.

Did your portal ever change from application complete to under review?

Did your portal ever change from application complete to under review?
No, it still says "Received/Under Review". But I still have to call to set up the interview so maybe they'll change it after that?

No, it still says "Received/Under Review". But I still have to call to set up the interview so maybe they'll change it after that?

So it was never listed as "application complete" after you submitted the secondary?

Mostly just trying to figure out if the status change means anything in your experience. A group of us had our status change from "application complete" to "under review" on the 11th.

So it was never listed as "application complete" after you submitted the secondary?

Mostly just trying to figure out if the status change means anything in your experience. A group of us had our status change from "application complete" to "under review" on the 11th.

I don't remember if it said something different before. I never really pay attention to the status, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! My interview was on 12th and there is no offer for me, lol.
I didn't get an email, I was called personally by Corky. She said my acceptance package would come later in the mail. Maybe check your missed calls?

I will be interviewing on Friday, February 10th. My flight gets in at 10pm the night before. If anyone is interested in meeting up/sharing a room lmk.

Anyone else interviewing Feb 2nd?? :hello: I'm pretty stoked lol.

Is anyone else who interviewed pre December still not heard anything back?? I'm about to withdraw my app but I'm just curious

Anyone hear about second round of scholarships lately? Corky said they'd be coming out late January probably

Just got a call from Corky! I'm in and this is my first choice!!!!! :D

I interviewed on January 26th. 22AA, 3.8s, 3.9c.

Reactions: 5 users
Has any one else from the Jan 26/27 interview heard back yet?? I haven't heard anything.

accepted and will be attending! interviewed 26th!

Reactions: 1 users
Would any of you guys share your interview experience with Penn? How was one to one interview?

Last edited:
I just received an interview for Feb. 16th. Would any of you guys share your interview experience with Penn? How was one to one interview?

Mine was pretty relaxed and both of my interviewers were really nice! It was a standard interview. Just be prepared to talk about why dentistry, why Penn, why you are a good match and why you're interested, where you see yourself in the future, talk about an extra curricular or two that you really enjoyed, strengths, weaknesses, something you overcame, what you do in your free time, issues in dentistry like weaknesses in the field, etc. These should be easy for anyone to answer especially if you've had interviews already! I didn't feel like I was being grilled at any point.

Interviewed on the Jan 27th and got a call this last tuesday from Corky! Accepted and most likely going to attend! Have to work on financial aid and housing

Mine was pretty relaxed and both of my interviewers were really nice! It was a standard interview. Just be prepared to talk about why dentistry, why Penn, why you are a good match and why you're interested, where you see yourself in the future, talk about an extra curricular or two that you really enjoyed, strengths, weaknesses, something you overcame, what you do in your free time, issues in dentistry like weaknesses in the field, etc. These should be easy for anyone to answer especially if you've had interviews already! I didn't feel like I was being grilled at any point.
Thank you very much! :)

Just got an acceptance call from Corky! Interviewed on Feb 3rd. I've been accepted to my state school though so it's gonna be a really hard decision!

Congrats you guys!!!! :) Anyone know how many seats are left? A good guess even?

Congrats you guys!!!! :) Anyone know how many seats are left? A good guess even?
Not sure how many seats are open, but at my interview on 2/3 they mentioned they could fill the class with the offers they've already extended.

OMG nevermind!!! Corky called me!!! SOSOSOSOSOSO HAPPY! $30K scholarship too! :soexcited::banana:

Reactions: 3 users
OMG nevermind!!! Corky called me!!! SOSOSOSOSOSO HAPPY! $30K scholarship too! :soexcited::banana:
Wow congrats. Did she tell you right away that you get the $30k scholarship? And what's your interview date?

Congrats! I don't know much about scholarships in dental school, how do you apply for those/figure out what scholarships are out there?

Congrats! I don't know much about scholarships in dental school, how do you apply for those/figure out what scholarships are out there?

Thanks!! With scholarships, it really depends on the school. Some select students based on merit, where others provide need-based scholarships. Some schools predetermine who they want to give scholarships to upon providing acceptances (which doesn't require one applying for it), whereas others provide incentives for those that do well during each year of dental school (ie: Top 10 students or top 20% get however much for the next semester or year). There's plenty of info if you hunt through the school specific threads as well as look up the info on the dental school websites.

I just noticed there is a really bad typo in the acceptance letter. I kinda wanna tell them but I don't wanna be that guy lol.

"Although it may seem a long time away, by completing you degree program at Penn Dental Medicine, you will graduate as an Ivy League trained dentist and..."

It's particularly bad because they are tooting their own horn with the whole Ivy League thing :p

Reactions: 3 users
I was just wondering... I talked to many people who already had an interview at Penn. I have not seen a single person who did not have a good interview. I think myself had a good interview as well. My interviewers did not ask me many questions.... Does UPenn ever reject people who had an interciew? I am worried becauae I had a late interview.. and would love to go to Penn...

I was just wondering... I talked to many people who already had an interview at Penn. I have not seen a single person who did not have a good interview. I think myself had a good interview as well. My interviewers did not ask me many questions.... Does UPenn ever reject people who had an interciew? I am worried becauae I had a late interview.. and would love to go to Penn...

Most that I talked to also said they didn't get a lot of questions. The interviews are meant to be conversational so they can just get an idea of how you interact with others. They interview roughly 380 people per cycle so ultimately people do end up getting rejected. Your chances aren't over though! It's common for people to get acceptances into March and April after having interviewed earlier in the year. Just keep in contact with the admissions office with any updates you can give them and show that you're interested. Best of luck!

Last edited: