***The Official UPenn Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just be patient! Unlike other schools we don't completely fill up the class on Dec 1!
Thank you. Also I heard that a large percentage of people that have already been accepted will give up their seats at Penn to go to cheaper/state schools, correct? So the the chance is still good for us with post-Dec interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email for interview at 3 pm today, after I announced yesterday that I'll be spending next year as a FL Gator. Trying extremely hard not to cry that I have to call them tomorrow to decline. I hope someone here gets the spot.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email for interview at 3 pm today, after I announced yesterday that I'll be spending next year as a FL Gator. Trying extremely hard not to cry that I have to call them tomorrow to decline. I hope someone here gets the spot.

Gonna start personally thanking folks who are declining Penn :angelic:.

Thanks for being an awesome enough applicant to get into your first choice!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gonna start personally thanking folks who are declining Penn :angelic:.

Thanks for being an awesome enough applicant to get into your first choice!
Lol, technically my first was Mich who didn't interview me, but I appreciate this all the same, thanks <3 penn looks so amazing, I just think I need to save the money and be close to family. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Got my first rejection here today by mail (dated 12/2). :unsure: Bummed, but still happy to have two other acceptances. Good luck everyone!!

Got my first rejection here today by mail (dated 12/2). :unsure: Bummed, but still happy to have two other acceptances. Good luck everyone!!
what was you app complete or under review date

I got the interview email--scheduled for January 6th. ;) Congrats to everyone whose been accepted!

Rejected by mail. Dated Dec. 8. Feels bad, but not too bad lol

Just received rejection through mail today dated Dec 2nd, so sad. Wrote a LOI to them before today but after Dec 2nd, would they reconsider my application?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I sent them the LOI email, they said it would be added to my file and didn't mention about the rejection.

Has anyone that interviewed in early December heard back yet?

Whoever is still waiting on an interview at Penn or received an interview and needs advice, DM me. For those of you still playing the waiting game, sit tight! Penn sends invites until March.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, I just got interview invite yesterday, Could anyone who interviewed before let me know if there is writing sample exercise on the interview day? It says on the official website.

I got an interview offer yesterday as well ^. what's this writing assignment about?

Hi guys, I just got interview invite yesterday, Could anyone who interviewed before let me know if there is writing sample exercise on the interview day? It says on the official website.
no writing section very chill interview. hahah for me, half of the time we were talking about something else than dentistry... lol places to go eat around Philly. I think it was really chill just like meeting a stranger from the street and introducing yourself but putting slight focus on dental. don't sweat it they won't come hunting you hahah

Did people send in a separate official transcript to upenn alone after the interview? I was reading the school's website and it state I need to. I was just wondering if people do.
  • Official Transcripts — All applicants must submit official transcripts to the AADSASapplication service for verification. AADSAS applications will not be processed and sent to the individual schools until transcripts are received and verified. The Penn Dental Medicine Admissions Office requires official transcripts only from candidates who have been invited to interview. Please do not forward transcripts to the Penn Dental Medicine Admissions Office until notified to do so.

I got an interview offer yesterday as well ^. what's this writing assignment about?
do you mind sharing your stats, also in state or oos?... just wondering.. still awaiting an interview :(

do you mind sharing your stats, also in state or oos?... just wondering.. still awaiting an interview :(

Sure I'd love to help. I'm going to be very straight with you.

1. Check my tiny signature
2. I'm OOS everywhere but that doesn't matter when we are talking about schools like Penn.

My advice: Do some independent research.
Why: What questions do you need to ask yourself to get the answers you're looking for? Identify those and you can go hunt down the answers online without talking to anyone else.

PM me anytime. I mean that. Just make sure the questions you're asking can't be found elsewhere first.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Speechless! Finally received an invitation to interview.

Reactions: 2 users
I declined my acceptance at UPenn yesterday! Good luck to all the applicants :)

Got invited for an interview as well!!! I've pretty much been a daily lurker on this page and now I feel like one of the cool kids...well almost anyway haha

Got my rejection by snail mail today, dated 01/05/17.
Good luck to everyone interviewing!!

When is the next round of acceptance send out ? or is there even one? or do they send out acceptance whenever they get the chance

App changed from complete to under review this morning - has anyone else experienced this?

Slightly off topic but entirely relevant: is a car need for UPenn? When I interviewed it seemed like it would be a hassle. I obviously would plan on living slightly West of the school, West of university city.

Years 1-2?
Years 3-4?

Slightly off topic but entirely relevant: is a car need for UPenn? When I interviewed it seemed like it would be a hassle. I obviously would plan on living slightly West of the school, West of university city.

Years 1-2?
Years 3-4?

Philly has great public transportation

Years 1-2?
Years 3-4?
Definitely not. SEPTA has you covered.

Did anybody that does not have an interview invite or a rejection NOT have their status change to "under review" last week?

Accepted this morning via phone call from Corky. See you all come this Fall!

got the acceptance yesterday as well!! I had my interview on Jan 6th. I was surprised how quick they got back to me!

Did anyone get rejected without interview but status on AADSAS still says "Under Review"?