***The Official UPenn Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I wonder if that’s a good sign that mine changed to “under review” today?
I’ve been under review since like October fml

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking and when did you submit your app?
Application was complete middle of September
GPA: 3.76
sGPA: 3.70
DAT AA: 25
DAT TS: 26
DAT PAT: 24
PA Resident

Reactions: 1 user
Could any current students talk about breaks you have during school? Is the calendar set up to allow you to study for boards and the CBSE if you are doing OMFS? And also, what is the externship schedule again? is it third year or fourth?

Hi! Current D4 here! You get about 2-3 months off between D1 and D2 year. You also get a month off after D2 and D3. You're supposed to take boards during this month but quite a few of us took boards at the beginning and had the rest of the month off! You also get 10 days off for winter break and you also get spring break in your first two years. I can't comment fully on the CBSE since I never took it but my classmates seemed to have enough time!
Externships are in 4th year but you sign up for them as a D3!

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 5 users
For those accepted on 12/1, when is the due date for the second deposit? I don't have the letter with me, but I vaguely recall that it was around April for the same amount of $500...not sure tho

For those who have been accepted, has anyone completed the Criminal Background Check? In the handbook it says that in addition to the one that is performed by Certiphi Screening, we have to do FBI Civil Applicant Response Clearance that is not handled by certiphi Screenining. Has anyone done the FBI one? I am confused how to do the second one....

For those who have been accepted, has anyone completed the Criminal Background Check? In the handbook it says that in addition to the one that is performed by Certiphi Screening, we have to do FBI Civil Applicant Response Clearance that is not handled by certiphi Screenining. Has anyone done the FBI one? I am confused how to do the second one....
The confirmation of deposit letter said that we will be contacted by those organizations to do the background check and that more information will be provided in the future. If you've paid your deposit and registered your PennKey, I think you're good to go for now.

The confirmation of deposit letter said that we will be contacted by those organizations to do the background check and that more information will be provided in the future. If you've paid your deposit and registered your PennKey, I think you're good to go for now.
How do you register your PennKey?

Interview is this Thursday. Anyone remember how bad traffic is to the airport after the interview? My flight is at 5:40 and I read that the interview shouldn't go past 2:30.

Interview is this Thursday. Anyone remember how bad traffic is to the airport after the interview? My flight is at 5:40 and I read that the interview shouldn't go past 2:30.
traffic isn't bad at that time, you should easily be able to make it

Members don't see this ad :)
How likely is it for applicants interviewing during this month to get scholarship? Does anyone know?

How likely is it for applicants interviewing during this month to get scholarship? Does anyone know?
I read on last years forum that someone who interviewed on 2/2 received an acceptance + 30k scholarship 2 weeks later. I believe it was @eldmd_32

Usually they’ll send out rejections for non-interview applicants in November/December. For post-interview applicants they usually send out a mass rejection email around May. That’s been the pattern over the past few years but things could always change

Usually they’ll send out rejections for non-interview applicants in November/December. For post-interview applicants they usually send out a mass rejection email around May. That’s been the pattern over the past few years but things could always change
So I interviewed in October and heard nothing, and wondering when I should call it an end? aka. withdraw my application

How strict are they about this 2x2 photo? The smallest size I could get at Walgreens was 4x4 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know that admissions said they continually review applications and reallocate scholarship money as it frees up all the way up until July.

Declined my offer of admission today. Good luck to everyone still waiting. My boss is a Penn grad and she said she did not interview until March. There is certainly plenty of time left. Cheers.

Reactions: 2 users
Declined my offer of admission today. Good luck to everyone still waiting. My boss is a Penn grad and she said she did not interview until March. There is certainly plenty of time left. Cheers.
May I ask when you interviewed?

Does anyone remember when their interview day was over at? Did you walk around the campus afterwards or does the tour pretty much cover that? Thanks

Does anyone remember when their interview day was over at? Did you walk around the campus afterwards or does the tour pretty much cover that? Thanks
you have a time during schedule where you can actually walk wherever you want to. some interviewers and I walked outside and went around the dental school campus. very pretty day I remember and I loved the area. they also have a school tour. it's immaculate you'll love it. it was probably the best interview experience. (I'd say one of my top 2)

I’ve been under review since like October fml
We were told at the interview that they don't consistently update the portal. They're old-fashioned and would much rather call and send mail in the case of an acceptance, for example.

So I interviewed in October and heard nothing, and wondering when I should call it an end? aka. withdraw my application

DO NOT. I REPEAT. DO NOT withdraw your application if you’ve already interviewed and haven’t received a response yet. You paid a lot of money to submit that application and moreover to attend the interview. Even though there were schools I knew I wouldn’t attend after receiving an acceptance I still kept my application active so I could get what I paid for “Feedback on my potential to get into said school.” People may look poorly upon that but I don’t freely say goodbye to my own money to forgo what I paid for to soften the feels of other people lol. If one’s meant to get in then they’ll get in, I don’t have a hand in that either way and nor do you. And besides after getting in if you turn down the opportunity, then the opportunity is still there for someone else to get in so it still works out anyway.

Penn accepts people all the way through May if seats are still available (including pre-December interviewees). Obviously the more time that passes by the less acceptances they give out (they may give out maybe 4-8 seat offers in May and retain 2 acceptances of offer). They actively revisit applications they have already reviewed post-interview to fill more spots or for applicants they are on the fence about. So technically you could be in the hypothetical “Hell no” pile, (the one they wait until around May to send mass rejection email out to), the “Maybe but probably no” pile, or the “Promising but still maybe,” pile. Chances are they only look at the last two but revisit the “promising” one more often. As grim as any of that may seem to you, know that you still have a chance and you are technically still being actively considered for acceptance. Consider submitting to admissions an email briefly displaying that you’re still interested in attending the program and provide a brief list (like bullet points) of any relevant updates you have that you couldn’t submit via the aadsas academic update.

Good luck to you and stay positive! :highfive:

Today was amazing. Really hoping i get that acceptance (scholarship wouldn’t be bad too). Campus and facilities are top notch and the faculty and students were extremely welcoming. Congrats to those accepted and hopefully we’ll be classmates next year!

Reactions: 4 users
Also, you can NOT receive scholarship if you do not receive it before starting your D1. I know someone said that they thought that you can get it at any time, but that’s false.

Hi! Current D4 here! You get about 2-3 months off between D1 and D2 year. You also get a month off after D2 and D3. You're supposed to take boards during this month but quite a few of us took boards at the beginning and had the rest of the month off! You also get 10 days off for winter break and you also get spring break in your first two years. I can't comment fully on the CBSE since I never took it but my classmates seemed to have enough time!
Externships are in 4th year but you sign up for them as a D3!

Hope that helps!
Thank you! Is it possible to do an externship in D3 before you start applying to residencies and the likes? Does anyone know if we are going to be doing the new integrated boards just in D4 or will we still do the 2 part boards?

Thank you! Is it possible to do an externship in D3 before you start applying to residencies and the likes? Does anyone know if we are going to be doing the new integrated boards just in D4 or will we still do the 2 part boards?
Only in 4th year

Has anyone interviewed post december received acceptance? I haven't heard anything for 2 months and it makes me worried if it's soft rejection.

Has anyone interviewed post december received acceptance? I haven't heard anything for 2 months and it makes me worried if it's soft rejection.
Someone who recently posted in this said they interviewed 1/10 and got an acceptance call yesterday

does anyone have an idea of what chances for acceptance are for post-december interviews? thanks guys!
I think equally as good of a chance as pre-december interviews. Penn is a school who saves seats for those interviewing post-december, unlike other schools.

Reactions: 1 users
For the current students,
Are the summer / winter vacation durations different for each year? If so, how long is it? Do a lot of students start spending a big chunk or all of the summer for research right after D1? If not, when does that usually start?

Thanks.

I have heard of some unique situations in which students completed an externship at the end of D3 year so I wouldn't say no outright. Like I said though, it was a unique situation...
Integrated boards isn't administered by the school so it really depends on ADEA!

Interviewed Feb 1st, got the acceptance call this morning! So happy!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.