***The Official UPenn Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang I was hoping to meet the other recepient of the 160K scholarship. Good luck with the school you choose!
You’re URM?

Members don't see this ad.

Got an acceptance call from Corky at 3PM pacific time!

Reactions: 2 users
I recently got invited to interview here but am going to turn it down. Do I have to call them and let them know, or will they assume I turned it down if I don't set up my interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently got invited to interview here but am going to turn it down. Do I have to call them and let them know, or will they assume I turned it down if I don't set up my interview date?
Just call them and let them know, otherwise they might assume that you didn’t receive their email or something.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an acceptance call today! Post-December interview

Couldn’t justify the cost over my state school. Good luck to all y’all future Penntists!

Trying to decide between Maryland and Penn. I am out of state for both and will be for 4 years. From the breakdown I was given at interviews, Maryland is a bit more pricey than Penn. Anyone in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad :)
Who all received a scholarship from Penn? I am having a hard time deciding bc USC offered me a scholarship.. is it very unlikely that I will receive one from penn??

Who all received a scholarship from Penn? I am having a hard time deciding bc USC offered me a scholarship.. is it very unlikely that I will receive one from penn??
If you’ve been accepted already and didn’t receive a scholarship, I don’t think you’ll get one. I’m pretty sure they offer scholarships when they accept you, but I could be wrong.

Reactions: 3 users
Trying to decide between Maryland and Penn. I am out of state for both and will be for 4 years. From the breakdown I was given at interviews, Maryland is a bit more pricey than Penn. Anyone in the same boat?
I’m really curious as to how Maryland is more expensive than Penn for you. Did Penn give you a scholarship? Also, you know it is relatively easy to change residency in Maryland, right? You just need to make the school aware you would like to do so and they will give you the information you need.

If you’ve been accepted already and didn’t receive a scholarship, I don’t think you’ll get one. I’m pretty sure they offer scholarships when they accept you, but I could be wrong.

Mannnn.. yeah usc offered me 40k a year which is a lot of money

I’m really curious as to how Maryland is more expensive than Penn for you. Did Penn give you a scholarship? Also, you know it is relatively easy to change residency in Maryland, right? You just need to make the school aware you would like to do so and they will give you the information you need.
The interview sheets say $122,000 for Maryland and $116,000 for Penn

Last edited:
Aren't you going for the HPSP scholarship?

Family: Have you decided on where you’re going to school?
Me: Yeah, I’ll be going to UPenn.
Family: Oh, Penn State? That’s so cool!
Me::lame:

Reactions: 9 users
Family: Have you decided on where you’re going to school?
Me: Yeah, I’ll be going to UPenn.
Family: Oh, Penn State? That’s so cool!
Me::lame:
My life every single day...I corrected one of my friends and said no UPenn and then she said, “there’s a difference?” I just smiled. Lol

Reactions: 1 users
I hate to ask this but I’m wondering what you guys think. The price difference between UPenn and Other school (pittsburhg) is $40,000 total. Do you guys think this price can be justified? I really loved UPenn...felt like I could see myself going there. Just wanted to know your thoughts. Always was proponent for choosing cheaper shcool unless cheaper school is like really bad. What do you guys think...10,000 is justifiable or no?

I hate to ask this but I’m wondering what you guys think. The price difference between UPenn and Other school (pittsburhg) is $40,000 total. Do you guys think this price can be justified? I really loved UPenn...felt like I could see myself going there. Just wanted to know your thoughts. Always was proponent for choosing cheaper shcool unless cheaper school is like really bad. What do you guys think...10,000 is justifiable or no?
Personally, I would say that’s definitely justifiable. The grading system alone makes it worth it (especially if you want to specialize).

Please don’t kill me Big Hoss.

40k for quality of life is not crazy, go to Penn. I never say this but in your case the difference is very small. You will love it at Penn based on the stuff I have heard about it.

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong 40k total is truly not terrible but don’t forget that that includes interest which compounds right when you take it out on top of an initial fee when you take the money out of like 4% (so for every $100 you borrow, you get $96 bucks). Just food for thought. You’ll be happy wherever you go. You know where your family is located and which city you see yourself more in. For me, if I were you, because I also live in NJ, I undoubtedly would choose UPENN. I also love philly more than pitt (but that’s why i didn’t apply to Pitt). But realize that 40k is probably more because interest compounds at a minimum of 6% I believe.

Did anyone receive a confirmation after the first deposit was received?

To me the price was not justifiable. that is why I am choosing Maryland

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

How does a typical schedule look like for D1 and D2? Like when do people get up / when do the classes begin and end?

No not justifiable. You spent a couple of hours interviewing there, that's it. I have multiple friends at Pittsburgh who are loving it there. 40k is a crap ton of money. Many people don't make that in a year after taxes.

No not justifiable. You spent a couple of hours interviewing there, that's it. I have multiple friends at Pittsburgh who are loving it there. 40k is a crap ton of money. Many people don't make that in a year after taxes.
I think I’m gonna go with Pittsburgh!

Has anyone got rejected after interview?
And roughly how many get waitlisted afte interview?

Could any current students talk about breaks you have during school? Is the calendar set up to allow you to study for boards and the CBSE if you are doing OMFS? And also, what is the externship schedule again? is it third year or fourth?

Anyone else interviewing this Friday?

Also, does anyone know what the parking situation is like?

Anyone else interviewing this Friday?

Also, does anyone know what the parking situation is like?
I parked at 3901 Market St. It's in 5min walking distance.
The early bird rate is $15 for 8 hours, but I believe you can reserve a spot for $10 if you use ceratin parking apps.

I parked at 3901 Market St. It's in 5min walking distance.
The early bird rate is $15, but I believe you can reserve a spot for $10 if you use ceratin parking apps.
Thank you so much!

Anybody else's flight get cancelled into Philadelphia for tomorrow's interview due to the storm? I had to reschedule for January 19 :(

Mailed in my deposit today!! So excited

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know when they'll be sending out more interviews? Are the interview dates filled up?

Reactions: 4 users
Question on prerequisite:
Penn only accepts AP credits listed on the undergraduate official transcript; unfortunately, my school doesn't list AP Physics B. I asked if I have to take the second semester of undergrad physics to Cacas more than a month ago (because it seemed odd to me that the people who attend colleges that do count AP physics B get to not take it, while people like me have to), and she replied today with a wonderful yes. However, when I called the admissions to confirm and spoke to whoever picked up the phone, she said Penn doesn't accept it because it's not listed on my transcript. Ms. Cacas is too busy to speak to me, and God knows how long she will take to respond to my email. Has anyone had this problem? Dropping this allows me to part-time this semester, which saves a lot of time and around 20K lol so I need to find out like literally now. send help

Correct

Has anyone gotten a confirmation of Penn receiving the deposit or a PIN/student ID yet?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.