***The Official UPenn Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an interview!
Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you received the application complete email?

Members don't see this ad.

Guys I got an interview and I'm FREAKING out!!!

What do I choose for lunch? Will it look bad if I check off one of each?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I got an interview and I'm FREAKING out!!!

What do I choose for lunch? Will it look bad if I check off one of each?
Congrats! did you get an email invite for the interview? or did you just get the physical mail? Because I thought the lunch option is only visible in the interview packet that they send.

Congrats! did you get an email invite for the interview? or did you just get the physical mail? Because I thought the lunch option is only visible in the interview packet that they send.
Hmm, dissecting a facetious post. Touche.

I knew about the lunch from previous posts. I have only received the email so far. Just poking jest at the neuroticism that comes hand in hand with the interview season.

Congratulations to everyone who has already been and will be offered for interviews!

I have one next Friday and I am pretty nervous about it! Does anyone know what type of interview they are going to conduct?

Have people successfully called into the office to schedule the day for their interviews?

For me it was quick. About 5-7 days after I sent it. I think it was closer to 5.
That's great. Me almost 3 weeks. Probably stole my money and say they never got the mail lol. In all seriousness I've heard of people not hearing back for weeks.

That's great. Me almost 3 weeks. Probably stole my money and say they never got the mail lol. In all seriousness I've heard of people not hearing back for weeks.
Just see if they cashed your check

How long did it take for them to receive your supp?
8/22 Fee sent by money order, 8/23 Supplemental submitted through email, 8/28 App complete email. I think sending the supplemental through email can expedite the process...

Members don't see this ad :)
8/22 Fee sent by money order, 8/23 Supplemental submitted through email, 8/28 App complete email. I think sending the supplemental through email can expedite the process...
I sent the supp with the money. It would take the same amount of time because it's only complete with the money order/check when they get it in the email.

Is there going to be another wave of pre-december interviews?

Reactions: 1 users
Is there going to be another wave of pre-december interviews?

I just received the interview invite email on Tuesday (Sept. 12th) and the lady on the phone told me that the only available interview dates left were: Nov. 2, 3, 9, 10, and 16th. So I'd imagine anyone who hears back this week/next week might be the last pre-decemeber interviews they send out? but I could also be wrong

Here are my stats for reference:

School: Penn
Notification date: 9/12
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/08
Application complete date: 7/31 (received email that my app was complete)
GPA (science, overall) 3.50, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 22 / TS 22 / PAT 21 / RC 22/ none

Reactions: 5 users
I just received the interview invite email on Tuesday (Sept. 12th) and the lady on the phone told me that the only available interview dates left were: Nov. 2, 3, 9, 10, and 16th. So I'd imagine anyone who hears back this week/next week might be the last pre-decemeber interviews they send out? but I could also be wrong

Here are my stats for reference:

School: Penn
Notification date: 9/12
Method of notification: email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/08
Application complete date: 7/31 (received email that my app was complete)
GPA (science, overall) 3.50, 3.56
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 22 / TS 22 / PAT 21 / RC 22/ none

Good to know! I am a bit bummed I haven't heard from them yet. I think I've been under review for over 2-3 weeks now. Thanks for the info!

Good to know! I am a bit bummed I haven't heard from them yet. I think I've been under review for over 2-3 weeks now. Thanks for the info!
I was under review for more than a month (nearly 1.5 months) and I was definitely starting to get a little anxious too. But don't worry! I'm sure you'll hear back soon :)

I took DAT twice. Should I report both scores on my AADSAS application or just report the most recent one and the school will see the results for both since they have my dent pin? I can't remember the scores on the first one section by section. Thanks!

Last edited:
I took DAT twice. Should I report both scores on my AADSAS application or just report the most recent one and the school will see the results for both since they have my dent pin? I can't remember the scores on the first one section by section. Thanks!
In my opinion, I would put both scores down. Also you can be sure that they will look at both scores from the official report. But you can search your previous scores on the aadsas website. I can't remember exactly how I did it, but I looked up my DAT history online. You put in your dentpin, and it has your test history there. Do a google search, it's not hard to find.

I've been "Application complete" for a little over a month now...worth calling them and asking what's up?

I've been "Application complete" for a little over a month now...worth calling them and asking what's up?
They review apps in order, my supp was received 8/1 and my app just got put under review last week so I think yours should be under review soon

They review apps in order, my supp was received 8/1 and my app just got put under review last week so I think yours should be under review soon
Did you receive an invitation to interview? My supplemental was received 8/1 and I was put under review 9/5.

I have my interview coming up so I was wondering how are you guys getting from the airport to the school? Are you guys ubering or is there some other type of transportation that can be used?

I have my interview coming up so I was wondering how are you guys getting from the airport to the school? Are you guys ubering or is there some other type of transportation that can be used?
oh boy are we going to be there the same day?? *sunglasses emoji since there isn't really one on SDN*
I thought my hotel has a shuttle service but jk... estimates I'm finding say that cab fare from airport to downtown is roughly $30 and subway/SEPTA fare is roughly $8.... knowing me, I'll probably just buckle and take the uber for making my life easy and because I'm landing vvvv late, but it looks like their subway line is fairly extensive: SEPTA | Clickable Regional Rail & Rail Transit Map

oh boy are we going to be there the same day?? *sunglasses emoji since there isn't really one on SDN*
I thought my hotel has a shuttle service but jk... estimates I'm finding say that cab fare from airport to downtown is roughly $30 and subway/SEPTA fare is roughly $8.... knowing me, I'll probably just buckle and take the uber for making my life easy and because I'm landing vvvv late, but it looks like their subway line is fairly extensive: SEPTA | Clickable Regional Rail & Rail Transit Map
No we're not haha I'm interviewing before you! lol I'm arriving the morning of my interview so I have to go straight from the airport so I guess the cab/uber seems like it might end up being the safest bet. I'm from AZ so I have absolutely no experience with subways and I guess trying to figure it out the morning of my interview might not be the best idea, but $8 is so much better than 30+...:shrug:

No we're not haha I'm interviewing before you! lol I'm arriving the morning of my interview so I have to go straight from the airport so I guess the cab/uber seems like it might end up being the safest bet. I'm from AZ so I have absolutely no experience with subways and I guess trying to figure it out the morning of my interview might not be the best idea, but $8 is so much better than 30+...:shrug:
My uber from the airport to campus was about $17, around $23 on the way back from campus to the airport

My uber from the airport to campus was about $17, around $23 on the way back from campus to the airport
Oh that's not too bad then! Thank you for the information.

Oh that's not too bad then! Thank you for the information.
They also have UberPool! So you share your Uber with other people and its less money. I did that, but it takes quite a bit more time, but I had time. So up to you!

Good to know! The $30 estimate may have been for like an actual cab instead of Uber

So I know one interview is closed and one is open, but should I prepare for the open in any particular way?
I'm pretty confident with my interview/interpersonal skills, but so far I've only had closed file interviews and I've been able to reexplain and talk about stuff from my app... for the open file do they want to see more in depth it personal answers that don't come directly from the application?

So I know one interview is closed and one is open, but should I prepare for the open in any particular way?
I'm pretty confident with my interview/interpersonal skills, but so far I've only had closed file interviews and I've been able to reexplain and talk about stuff from my app... for the open file do they want to see more in depth it personal answers that don't come directly from the application?
no it was pretty chill... i think the best way to prepare for an interview is not to even think about what they would ask you. youll be fine dude! Penns interviews are very easy going.

antipasto wrap was awesome btw!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Is there anyone who completed the app, including supplemental, in early August or after and received an interview invitation?

Is there anyone who completed the app, including supplemental, in early August or after and received an interview invitation?

I e-submitted early July, probably completed everything mid July and have yet to hear back. A friend of mine interviewed there a few days ago and apparently they said they were like a month behind schedule.

My app was complete 8/2, got the complete app email 8/3, and invite 9/12

My app was complete 8/2, got the complete app email 8/3, and invite 9/12
What do your ECs and stats look like, if you don't mind? Penn places a pretty large emphasis on ECs / leadership from what I've gathered.

What do your ECs and stats look like, if you don't mind? Penn places a pretty large emphasis on ECs / leadership from what I've gathered.
2nd author in a paper with 1000+ hours in the lab, founding member of a women in science club, 2500 hours as a private tutor, 2000+ shadowing/working with dentists, 800+ hours volunteering and a first gen. OGPA 3.78, sGPA 3.68. My DAT was avg (20AA, 21TS, 22RC) with a 16 in QR so I'd def say my ECs as an undergrad got my foot in the door.

Reactions: 4 users
2nd author in a paper with 1000+ hours in the lab, founding member of a women in science club, 2500 hours as a private tutor, 2000+ shadowing/working with dentists, 800+ hours volunteering and a first gen. OGPA 3.78, sGPA 3.68. My DAT was avg (20AA, 21TS, 22RC) with a 16 in QR so I'd def say my ECs as an undergrad got my foot in the door.
Awesome stuff! Congrats on the interview :)

no it was pretty chill... i think the best way to prepare for an interview is not to even think about what they would ask you. youll be fine dude! Penns interviews are very easy going.

antipasto wrap was awesome btw!
Ok cool, thanks! I've heard it's pretty chill, just wasn't sure how/if the vibe for open file was different
Yesss my nights have been filled with dreams of that antipasto wrap :love:

Do people have any idea about the rate of acceptance for people who get interviews at Penn?

Do people have any idea about the rate of acceptance for people who get interviews at Penn?
No, but last year there were 477 interviews for a class size of 120. Keep in mind that more offers are made than there are seats available.

No, 2021 class size is 134, as written on the website. (It is usually 120 though, as you said) During my interview, Ms. Cacas said they interview around 380. Columbia is the only school I know that releases the % yield (as in how many of the accepted people enroll); it is around 42% for a class size of 80, meaning they accept 200 out of 340-ish interviewees. Considering Penn and Columbia are similar in terms of competition/tier/popularity, I can only predict that Penn's yield is also around 40%, meaning they accept like 335 / 380, which is a ridiculously happy figure. It is so ridiculously happy that it's hard to believe, but the class prez (forgot which class) who had lunch with the interviewees on my interview day said Penn is known for accepting a loooot after the interview. So under the assumption that everything they tell us is true (which is very likely - there's no reason for a top school to lie about stats), getting an interview invitation is a pretty good sign for the rate of acceptance.

No, 2021 class size is 134, as written on the website. (It is usually 120 though, as you said) During my interview, Ms. Cacas said they interview around 380. Columbia is the only school I know that releases the % yield (as in how many of the accepted people enroll); it is around 42% for a class size of 80, meaning they accept 200 out of 340-ish interviewees. Considering Penn and Columbia are similar in terms of competition/tier/popularity, I can only predict that Penn's yield is also around 40%, meaning they accept like 335 / 380, which is a ridiculously happy figure. It is so ridiculously happy that it's hard to believe, but the class prez (forgot which class) who had lunch with the interviewees on my interview day said Penn is known for accepting a loooot after the interview. So under the assumption that everything they tell us is true (which is very likely - there's no reason for a top school to lie about stats), getting an interview invitation is a pretty good sign for the rate of acceptance.

40% of 380 is around 152, so it should be 228/380 according to your assumption! :)

40% of 380 is around 152, so it should be 228/380 according to your assumption! :)
Nope. 380 is a separately given figure. I meant 40% of the accepted is enrolled (by the definition of "yield"). Hence:
[Number accepted] / 100 *40 = 134
[Number accepted= 134 / 40 * 100 = 335.

The number 335 is based on the enrollment and predicted yield.
The number 380 is separately given.
Same goes for my calculation on Columbia's rate (can't really call it "my calculation" cuz they cleanly released everything)

But again, all these are playing with whatever's given. Penn might have a drastically different yield from Columbia. Or they might have a totally different system that somehow breaks any attempt for prediction. It's just the best I can answer the question on the acceptance rate after interviews. At the end of the days, you get in when you get in.

Last edited:
Nope. 380 is a separately given figure. I meant 40% of the accepted is enrolled (by the definition of "yield"). Hence:
[Number accepted] / 100 *40 = 134
[Number accepted= 134 / 40 * 100 = 335.

The number 335 is based on the enrollment and predicted yield.
The number 380 is separately given.
Same goes for my calculation on Columbia's rate (can't really call it "my calculation" cuz they cleanly released everything)

But again, all these are playing with whatever's given. Penn might have a drastically different yield from Columbia. Or they might have a totally different system that somehow breaks any attempt for prediction. It's just the best I can answer the question on the acceptance rate after interviews. At the end of the days, you get in when you get in.
Ohh my bad, I misread your post haha. Thank you for clarifying

Here is Penn's number of applicants and the interview invitations they sent for last year. Sorry about the 477 figure, I added the "total in state or province" column to the number of out of state interviews column

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.00.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-09-24 at 5.00.06 PM.png
    96 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: 3 users
Have they sent out any rejections yet? My app has been "under review" for a month now

Status
Not open for further replies.