Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official USC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by DragoBlue
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
has anyone heard anything from admissions yet? submitted 6/4, app complete on 6/16.
similar dates, nada on my end!has anyone heard anything from admissions yet? submitted 6/4, app complete on 6/16.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They won't start looking at applications until late July or early August.
i believe soUSC doesn't have any supplemental questions, just the $85 fee online, right?
You have a really solid chance. Don't worry!Do you think I have a chance to get into USC with these scores?
TS: 23
AA:22
PAT: 22
GPA: 3.79
Thanks,
Good luck all.
What about me? I have an AA 18 and TS 19, GPA 3.78You have a really solid chance. Don't worry!
Your GPA looks really good. Did you get any DAT scores below a 17?What about me? I have an AA 18 and TS 19, GPA 3.78
Yeah QR and PAT 🙁Your GPA looks really good. Did you get any DAT scores below a 17?
I'd be a little worried about your DAT scores. This is just my opinion though & I am applying this cycle so I truly don't know what these schools are looking for. Personally, I'm really worried about my 3.48 science GPA and 3.44 BCP. If you've already applied, hope for the best & have faith in the rest of your application. I think that's all we can do now.Yeah QR and PAT 🙁
I have paid the supplemental processing fee but have not gotten a completed application email from USC has anyone else gotten a completed application email?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten any type of confirmation/email from USC? I finished my AADSAS application and paid the supplemental fee in June, but have not gotten a single email from them (besides my receipt for the fee)
Has anyone gotten any type of confirmation/email from USC? I finished my AADSAS application and paid the supplemental fee in June, but have not gotten a single email from them (besides my receipt for the fee)
Same here, no response but the fee receipt.
Their admissions told me they wait until way late to even look at AADSAS. They are in no rush
The admissions dept has had some recent turnover in terms of leadership so there could be some changes this cycle but they typically begin reviewing apps in Sept. for interviews beginning Oct.
Was there a supplemental fee? If so, where? I thought we only had to pay through aadsas
Yes. There is a supplemental fee. I believe it's $85 and you can find it by googling "USC Dental School Supplemental Application Fee" or something along those lines. You should do this for every school. I suggest paying online or by money order so that the money gets processed ASAP whereas a check can take a while.Was there a supplemental fee? If so, where? I thought we only had to pay through aadsas
You can pay it here:Does the school send out an email about a supplemental fee or do we just pay it off the back? All the other schools seemed to have emailed me about it
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
I guess we still have a month or so before they start contacting us lol
USC is really late when it comes to looking at apps, or so it seems like from past years' threads. Second time applicant:
3.6 Overall
3.5 Science
20 AA & TS
Hoping for the best, good luck everyone!
3.6 Overall
3.5 Science
20 AA & TS
Hoping for the best, good luck everyone!
Ah, the group PBL interview. What an honestly bizzare experience that was...
Good luck everyone!
Good luck everyone!
USC is really late when it comes to looking at apps, or so it seems like from past years' threads. Second time applicant:
3.6 Overall
3.5 Science
20 AA & TS
Hoping for the best, good luck everyone!
I was just wondering did USC tell you why you were not accepted the first time?
Following
No they didn't. The other school I did not get accepted to told me I had little dental experience ..I was just wondering did USC tell you why you were not accepted the first time?
No they didn't. The other school I did not get accepted to told me I had little dental experience ..
How much dental experience did you have?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the group PBL interview like?Ah, the group PBL interview. What an honestly bizzare experience that was...
Good luck everyone!
It's a group interview. First off, everyone takes a turn picking two questions from a basket and answering them. One question is something related to healthcare and dentistry. The other one is a random ice breaker type question. Next you do a simulated group PBL exercise. I'm sure someone who actually goes to USC can explain it better. Finally there is a short writing prompt on random topics.What's the group PBL interview like?
Just got an email saying USC received my application and processing fee
When did you submit?Just got an email saying USC received my application and processing fee
Submitted: June 3rdWhen did you submit?
Application Completed: June 14th
Same hereJust got an email saying USC received my application and processing fee
Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Got the verification email as well, and status changed to under review.
App Submitted: 6/29
App Submitted: 6/29
Almost none .. I was pre-med for the longest time before I realized dentistry is what I wanted to go into.How much dental experience did you have?
Got email also
.
Last edited:
I submitted on June 9th and my official DAT scores were synced on July 14th. My status still says "none" on AADSAS... they simply haven't gotten to the application yet. I think you need to take a step back and give them some time - especially considering your application has only been complete for 5 days...Called admissions today because my AADSAS portal said "None" even though my complete app with LOR and official DAT were uploaded as of Monday. Asked them when I would receive a confirmation email and/or change on my AADSAS portal. The man who answered my call at the Admissions said "soon." I asked if I could leave my AADSAS number, he said "uhhh no" and laughed. Super unprofessional. He said they're still processing applications and that "confirmation emails and changes will be made soon." Pretty dismal communication start with the school of my dreams.
I think it's good he didn't let you leave your AADSAS number. Otherwise they'll know you're the person bugging them about updates lolCalled admissions today because my AADSAS portal said "None" even though my complete app with LOR and official DAT were uploaded as of Monday. Asked them when I would receive a confirmation email and/or change on my AADSAS portal. The man who answered my call at the Admissions said "soon." I asked if I could leave my AADSAS number, he said "uhhh no" and laughed. Super unprofessional. He said they're still processing applications and that "confirmation emails and changes will be made soon." Pretty dismal communication start with the school of my dreams.
Yeah you're right. I just thought they'd be able to do it for me over the phone because other schools like NYU, OSU, U. Maryland were able to a few days ago. Thanks for letting me know about your timeline, I'll keep it in mind.I submitted on June 9th and my official DAT scores were synced on July 14th. My status still says "none" on AADSAS... they simply haven't gotten to the application yet. I think you need to take a step back and give them some time - especially considering your application has only been complete for 5 days...
Haha yeah you're right, I guess that's a good thing. Also I only called them once about this so I hope it doesn't come off as bothersome.I think it's good he didn't let you leave your AADSAS number. Otherwise they'll know you're the person bugging them about updates lol
"We have recently received your AADSAS application for the class entering in fall 2018. We are pleased that you have included the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry as one of your choices of dental schools. You may be assured that your application will receive our highest processing priority and be subjected to a thorough and thoughtful review."
Anyone else get the email and wondering what this means? I submitted within the first five days of the cycle but I can't imagine having some sort of advantage over other applicants just due to that. I'm thinking this goes out to everyone
Anyone else get the email and wondering what this means? I submitted within the first five days of the cycle but I can't imagine having some sort of advantage over other applicants just due to that. I'm thinking this goes out to everyone
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"We have recently received your AADSAS application for the class entering in fall 2018. We are pleased that you have included the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry as one of your choices of dental schools. You may be assured that your application will receive our highest processing priority and be subjected to a thorough and thoughtful review."
Anyone else get the email and wondering what this means? I submitted within the first five days of the cycle but I can't imagine having some sort of advantage over other applicants just due to that. I'm thinking this goes out to everyone
I got that too. I think it's just their way of saying our application is complete.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey Guys,
I have been lurking for a really long time! But do y'all think I stand a chance?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
I made an effort to make up for my weak DAT scores and overall GPA:
I also believe I have pretty good leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
I would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks guys
I have been lurking for a really long time! But do y'all think I stand a chance?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
I made an effort to make up for my weak DAT scores and overall GPA:
I also believe I have pretty good leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
I would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks guys
Last edited:
i would retake the DAT and apply next year. ECs are good but I dont think they wont outweigh your low DAT and borderline GPA. If you're an URM then maybe you have a shot but the best bet is to charge up for the next cycle.Hey Guys,
I have been lurking for a really long time! But do y'all think I stand a chance?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
I made an effort to make up for my weak DAT scores and overall GPA:
I also believe I have pretty good leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research in Leukemia @ Medical School during this Gap year
I would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks guys
Do you think I stand a chance at any other schools, other than my state school? Also thanks for the feedbacki would retake the DAT and apply next year. ECs are good but I dont think they wont outweigh your low DAT and borderline GPA. If you're an URM then maybe you have a shot but the best bet is to charge up for the next cycle.
Your DAT AA is below the average for matriculated students, while your GPA is pretty decent. Your total science score is low, which is reason for some alarm. Just based on academics, you're at a disadvantage in my opinion.Hey Guys,
I have been lurking for a really long time! But do y'all think I stand a chance?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
I made an effort to make up for my weak DAT scores and overall GPA:
I also believe I have pretty good leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year
I would appreciate any feedback!
Thanks guys
However, your extracurriculars are well above average. I think you stand a chance because of that. Do you have everything ready to be submitted?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 361
- Views
- 83K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K