***The Official USC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
They won't start looking at applications until late July or early August.

USC doesn't have any supplemental questions, just the $85 fee online, right?

lol canadian's have to pay $145!! That just adds salt to the wound with our weaker dollar... after conversion that's like $190

Reactions: 2 users
Do you think I have a chance to get into USC with these scores?
TS: 23
AA:22
PAT: 22
GPA: 3.79
Thanks,

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah QR and PAT :(
I'd be a little worried about your DAT scores. This is just my opinion though & I am applying this cycle so I truly don't know what these schools are looking for. Personally, I'm really worried about my 3.48 science GPA and 3.44 BCP. If you've already applied, hope for the best & have faith in the rest of your application. I think that's all we can do now.

Reactions: 1 user
I have paid the supplemental processing fee but have not gotten a completed application email from USC has anyone else gotten a completed application email?

Has anyone gotten any type of confirmation/email from USC? I finished my AADSAS application and paid the supplemental fee in June, but have not gotten a single email from them (besides my receipt for the fee)

Has anyone gotten any type of confirmation/email from USC? I finished my AADSAS application and paid the supplemental fee in June, but have not gotten a single email from them (besides my receipt for the fee)

Same here, no response but the fee receipt.

Their admissions told me they wait until way late to even look at AADSAS. They are in no rush

The admissions dept has had some recent turnover in terms of leadership so there could be some changes this cycle but they typically begin reviewing apps in Sept. for interviews beginning Oct.

Reactions: 2 users
Was there a supplemental fee? If so, where? I thought we only had to pay through aadsas

Was there a supplemental fee? If so, where? I thought we only had to pay through aadsas
Yes. There is a supplemental fee. I believe it's $85 and you can find it by googling "USC Dental School Supplemental Application Fee" or something along those lines. You should do this for every school. I suggest paying online or by money order so that the money gets processed ASAP whereas a check can take a while.

Does the school send out an email about a supplemental fee or do we just pay it off the back? All the other schools seemed to have emailed me about it

I guess we still have a month or so before they start contacting us lol

USC is really late when it comes to looking at apps, or so it seems like from past years' threads. Second time applicant:
3.6 Overall
3.5 Science
20 AA & TS

Hoping for the best, good luck everyone!

Ah, the group PBL interview. What an honestly bizzare experience that was...

Good luck everyone!

USC is really late when it comes to looking at apps, or so it seems like from past years' threads. Second time applicant:
3.6 Overall
3.5 Science
20 AA & TS

Hoping for the best, good luck everyone!

I was just wondering did USC tell you why you were not accepted the first time?

Reactions: 1 users
What's the group PBL interview like?
It's a group interview. First off, everyone takes a turn picking two questions from a basket and answering them. One question is something related to healthcare and dentistry. The other one is a random ice breaker type question. Next you do a simulated group PBL exercise. I'm sure someone who actually goes to USC can explain it better. Finally there is a short writing prompt on random topics.

Just got an email saying USC received my application and processing fee

Got the verification email as well, and status changed to under review.

App Submitted: 6/29

Where can we check the "application submitted" date?

Called admissions today because my AADSAS portal said "None" even though my complete app with LOR and official DAT were uploaded as of Monday. Asked them when I would receive a confirmation email and/or change on my AADSAS portal. The man who answered my call at the Admissions said "soon." I asked if I could leave my AADSAS number, he said "uhhh no" and laughed. Super unprofessional. He said they're still processing applications and that "confirmation emails and changes will be made soon." Pretty dismal communication start with the school of my dreams.
I submitted on June 9th and my official DAT scores were synced on July 14th. My status still says "none" on AADSAS... they simply haven't gotten to the application yet. I think you need to take a step back and give them some time - especially considering your application has only been complete for 5 days...

Reactions: 1 users
Called admissions today because my AADSAS portal said "None" even though my complete app with LOR and official DAT were uploaded as of Monday. Asked them when I would receive a confirmation email and/or change on my AADSAS portal. The man who answered my call at the Admissions said "soon." I asked if I could leave my AADSAS number, he said "uhhh no" and laughed. Super unprofessional. He said they're still processing applications and that "confirmation emails and changes will be made soon." Pretty dismal communication start with the school of my dreams.
I think it's good he didn't let you leave your AADSAS number. Otherwise they'll know you're the person bugging them about updates lol

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted on June 9th and my official DAT scores were synced on July 14th. My status still says "none" on AADSAS... they simply haven't gotten to the application yet. I think you need to take a step back and give them some time - especially considering your application has only been complete for 5 days...
Yeah you're right. I just thought they'd be able to do it for me over the phone because other schools like NYU, OSU, U. Maryland were able to a few days ago. Thanks for letting me know about your timeline, I'll keep it in mind.
I think it's good he didn't let you leave your AADSAS number. Otherwise they'll know you're the person bugging them about updates lol
Haha yeah you're right, I guess that's a good thing. Also I only called them once about this so I hope it doesn't come off as bothersome.

"We have recently received your AADSAS application for the class entering in fall 2018. We are pleased that you have included the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry as one of your choices of dental schools. You may be assured that your application will receive our highest processing priority and be subjected to a thorough and thoughtful review."

Anyone else get the email and wondering what this means? I submitted within the first five days of the cycle but I can't imagine having some sort of advantage over other applicants just due to that. I'm thinking this goes out to everyone

"We have recently received your AADSAS application for the class entering in fall 2018. We are pleased that you have included the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry as one of your choices of dental schools. You may be assured that your application will receive our highest processing priority and be subjected to a thorough and thoughtful review."

Anyone else get the email and wondering what this means? I submitted within the first five days of the cycle but I can't imagine having some sort of advantage over other applicants just due to that. I'm thinking this goes out to everyone

I got that too. I think it's just their way of saying our application is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys,

I have been lurking for a really long time! But do y'all think I stand a chance?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
Overall 3.48 w/ (+/-) and 3.53 w/o-------Science 3.35 w/ (+/-) and 3.42 w/o
I made an effort to make up for my weak DAT scores and overall GPA:
I also believe I have pretty good leadership
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
1000 hours of undergraduate research with 3 publications
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I have been lurking for a really long time! But do y'all think I stand a chance?
OOS
18 AA 17 TS
900+ hours of Volunteer
450+ hours of Shadowing (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, Periodontist, Endodontist)
Currently do research in Leukemia @ Medical School during this Gap year

Thanks guys
i would retake the DAT and apply next year. ECs are good but I dont think they wont outweigh your low DAT and borderline GPA. If you're an URM then maybe you have a shot but the best bet is to charge up for the next cycle.

i would retake the DAT and apply next year. ECs are good but I dont think they wont outweigh your low DAT and borderline GPA. If you're an URM then maybe you have a shot but the best bet is to charge up for the next cycle.
Do you think I stand a chance at any other schools, other than my state school? Also thanks for the feedback

Hey Guys,

OOS
18 AA 17 TS
900+ hours of Volunteer
Currently do research @ Medical School during this Gap year

Thanks guys
Your DAT AA is below the average for matriculated students, while your GPA is pretty decent. Your total science score is low, which is reason for some alarm. Just based on academics, you're at a disadvantage in my opinion.

However, your extracurriculars are well above average. I think you stand a chance because of that. Do you have everything ready to be submitted?

Status
Not open for further replies.