***The Official USC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by DragoBlue
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you think I stand a chance at any other schools, other than my state school? Also thanks for the feedback
No problemo. I think the odds are against your favor no matter the school. Who knows maybe youll get an interview. But an 18AA and a 17 TS isnt going to win you love at many places. i would strengthen your DAT.
 
Your DAT AA is below the average for matriculated students, while your GPA is pretty decent. Your total science score is low, which is reason for some alarm. Just based on academics, you're at a disadvantage in my opinion.

However, your extracurriculars are well above average. I think you stand a chance because of that. Do you have everything ready to be submitted?
Yeah I have everything submitted and my application is complete as of yesterday! Any schools you suggest I would have a shot?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
USC is generally slow with communication. However, keep in mind that next week is orientation week for the DDS class of 2021 so the office is really busy. Anyway, applications usually take a while to be processed and complete so just be patient and please calm down everyone.
 
AADSAS status for USC got changed to Received/Under Review this morning. I'm glad that there is a change!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I probably should have said something earlier... I went to visit USC in May and talked with one of the admissions counselors. Really cool guy. Even though I wasn't pressuring him or anything, he told me SEVERAL times not to call and bother them about when it'll be done. He said to be patient. According to him, they really hate it when students call in a lot to ask about their status.
Of course, when he said to be patient, I still didn't think it'd take this long haha
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
School: USC
Notification date: 10/17
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application received date (Confirmation Email): 8/3
Interview Date: 11/9
GPA (science, overall) 3.74, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): AA 24/ TS 22/ PAT 20/ RC 23/ QR 27 none below 17

Career changer (high school teacher for 5 years), 900+ hours of dental shadowing/work experience
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.