*** The Official USC School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Will they be sending acceptances all week?

I think I got out at 3 or 3:30 if I remember right.

Members don't see this ad.

when is your interview?

Anybody? Do people have interviews every week from now on?
I got my interview invitation call yesterday for tomorrow (Wednesday). Personally, I didn’t know USC does December interviews..

Members don't see this ad :)
How soon would USC get back to applicants that are interviewed after Dec 2?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Good luck to those who are still waiting. I had a few questions. Does anyone know how many students were accepted on December 2nd? I interviewed back in October and have been placed on the waitlist, does that mean that students that are interviewed after this date will be reevaluated along with pre-December interviewed students. What is the significance of having a pre-December interview v. post?

How soon would USC get back to applicants that are interviewed after Dec 2?
People have received offers 2 days after their post-December interview. Others have waited months. Depends how your interview went.

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! Good luck to those who are still waiting. I had a few questions. Does anyone know how many students were accepted on December 2nd? I interviewed back in October and have been placed on the waitlist, does that mean that students that are interviewed after this date will be reevaluated along with pre-December interviewed students. What is the significance of having a pre-December interview v. post?
1. No clue. I wouldn't worry about the numbers. It's still very early in the cycle and many will turn down their offers.
2. Yes.
3. Only difference is you're competing for less spots when you interview very late. However, like I already said, it's still very early in the cycle and people that are interviewing in December and January aren't really at a disadvantage. You still have a great chance of getting in if you interview well.

Congrats to all who have been admitted, and those of you still waiting to hear back don't give up!
Those who have been admitted to USC School of Dentistry are all welcomed to join the group whether you plan to attend or not!

If we interviewed pre-december and still remain on the wait list, do we have an advantage over those who interview post-december? Or is it fair game for everyone at this point?

Interviewed in september and declined my offer yesterday as I got into my state school. I hope for those who have multiple acceptances, decline the ones you're sure you aren't going to ASAP. Best of luck to those still waiting!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Have a lot of students from the past been moved up from the waitlist??

Interviewed in september and declined my offer yesterday as I got into my state school. I hope for those who have multiple acceptances, decline the ones you're sure you aren't going to ASAP. Best of luck to those still waiting!!!
how did you decline?

Members don't see this ad :)
I decline my offer to this school today. I hope one of you guys get it. :)

Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed in mid November and I didn't hear back on the 2nd. I am getting really anxious because thats my top choice. Does anyone know when the next wave of acceptances would happen

I interviewed in mid November and I didn't hear back on the 2nd. I am getting really anxious because thats my top choice. Does anyone know when the next wave of acceptances would happen
It might be in January. I interviewed there on Dec 4 and one of the admission officers said because some committee members are on vacation now, they have to wait for everyone to come back to have a meeting. Another admission officer said that there’s no need to send the letter of interest as they would not read it. But they would like the students to give them updates about the grades and any dental or healthcare activities.

They would let us know our decision through email on either Monday or Friday, so you don’t need to check your inbox everyday.

Hi everyone! this is my first time applying to dental school and I am a little lost and I would appreciate your help. I applied late October and last week got an interview through email for January. However, my other friends got a call for an interview. Is there a difference between getting a call or an email or am I just overthinking this? Also, when USC called my friend they asked her to fill out the secondaries that they sent to her google drive. However, they didn't send me anything and all they asked for was to bring in the forms that they sent me. Do they send out secondaries to everyone or is it just for some people?

Hi everyone! this is my first time applying to dental school and I am a little lost and I would appreciate your help. I applied late October and last week got an interview through email for January. However, my other friends got a call for an interview. Is there a difference between getting a call or an email or am I just overthinking this? Also, when USC called my friend they asked her to fill out the secondaries that they sent to her google drive. However, they didn't send me anything and all they asked for was to bring in the forms that they sent me. Do they send out secondaries to everyone or is it just for some people?
I got an interview through email and call them to pick a date. Other people from my interview group got called. All of us were asked to fill out the secondary forms and bring them to the interview. They should be included in the confirmation email

Last edited:

It doesn’t mean anything. I got a call because I was asked to come in for an interview 2 days before the actual date (since I’m a California resident). I still received an email with secondaries and completed/ brought them to my interview like everyone else.

It doesn’t mean anything. I got a call because I was asked to come in for an interview 2 days before the actual date (since I’m a California resident). I still received an email with secondaries and completed/ brought them to my interview like everyone else.

I did get the secondary forms but I thought my friend got secondary essays and that is why I was confused. Sorry for the confusion but thank you so much for your help.

I did get the secondary forms but I thought my friend got secondary essays and that is why I was confused. Sorry for the confusion but thank you so much for your help.

Make sure you complete the form and print it out so you can bring them on your interview day. Also don’t forget a picture of yourself that’s passport size.

P.S. I printed it from a local kodak picture kiosk at CVS from my phone and asked the workers if they can cut the picture for free bc they should have a passport photo cutter. It costed me less than $2

Best of luck on your interview!!

Oh that's perfect! Thanks for the tip!
Make sure you complete the form and print it out so you can bring them on your interview day. Also don’t forget a picture of yourself that’s passport size.

P.S. I printed it from a local kodak picture kiosk at CVS from my phone and asked the workers if they can cut the picture for free bc they should have a passport photo cutter. It costed me less than $2

Best of luck on your interview!!

I will and thank you so much for the tip!

Can I try call the school if have not heard from them?

Just received an interview invite! OOS.

Hello, I am considering applying to USC. I realize it is very late in the cycle, but the deadline isn't until February 1st so I still have a little time to decide. My GPA is 3.8, my science GPA is 3.7, and my AA is a 22. According to the averages for the last few classes, that would usually make me reasonably competitive, but I know that late applications can make schools wary. Does anyone have any idea of how my chances might be affected by a late application?

The drop box info on what to expect on interview day only stated we have a group interview and nothing about MMI... Does that mean post dec interview won’t have MMI? Thanks

Hello, I am considering applying to USC. I realize it is very late in the cycle, but the deadline isn't until February 1st so I still have a little time to decide. My GPA is 3.8, my science GPA is 3.7, and my AA is a 22. According to the averages for the last few classes, that would usually make me reasonably competitive, but I know that late applications can make schools wary. Does anyone have any idea of how my chances might be affected by a late application?
Admissions would probably encourage you to apply. Your numbers are above average.

The drop box info on what to expect on interview day only stated we have a group interview and nothing about MMI... Does that mean post dec interview won’t have MMI? Thanks
Nope. You still have MMI.

Admissions would probably encourage you to apply. Your numbers are above average.

Nope. You still have MMI.

Thanks for the reply! I decided to submit my application. Crossing my fingers for an interview invite soon.

how many acceptances did usc give out today? facebook page for class of 2024 already has 75 members

Received an acceptance today as well! I interviewed 1/8

I applied mid-December & have an interview there next week if that's any consolation to you!! Goodluck!! :)

I applied mid-December & have an interview there next week if that's any consolation to you!! Goodluck!! :)

Yes, that does make me feel a little better, thanks for telling me!

I also got an invite to interview today. I'm OOS as well.

oGPA/sGPA: 3.8/3.7
DAT: AA/TS/PAT/RC 22/21/18/28
Dates offered: February 5th or 12th

Hi y'all, I also got an interview invitation today as an international student. Not sure if I should choose NYU over USC as both seems equally expensive...

Hi y'all, I also got an interview invitation today as an international student. Not sure if I should choose NYU over USC as both seems equally expensive...
Congrats!

I really don't think it matters. You get what you put into dental school. Both programs are established and have good clinical reputations. Go where you feel most comfortable (learning style, class size, local culture, weather, etc.), assuming it'll cost you about the same, which I think it will. Although USC's tuition is slightly more expensive, the cost of living in Manhattan is by far the highest of any city in the country. It should balance out.

Just declined my offer for an interview. Hope someone deserving gets my spot :)

If any girl is interviewing 2/5 and wants to split a hotel message me! My hotel gave me 2 beds.