****The Official Western University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

So I haven't had a reply until today. Today in the mail, they said I could be waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

So I haven't had a reply until today. Today in the mail, they said I could be waitlisted.

What do you mean by "could be"? I am still waiting for my letter btw...

What do you mean by "could be"? I am still waiting for my letter btw...

Oh, I said "could be" because you can choose to decline it or accept. Of course I'm going to accept though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh dang.. okay.. in that case, I would contact them if I don't hear from them tomorrow. Thanks for the info, KyoPhan! best of luck!

Alright, I just received my alternate letter. :)

Just received my alternate letter, as well.

Hi,

Wondering if you could let me know what freeways or neighboring cities would be best to live by in order to avoid the heavy traffic when communiting to school.

Congrats on your acceptance! A lot of dental students live in the Upland area - there are 3 apt complexes basically down the street from each other that are pretty nice: Broadstone Foothills, Rancho Monte Vista, and College Park. There are good places to live in Claremont, Ontario, and Rancho Cucamonga too, but I have more knowledge of these three apts.

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely be looking up those places. Are you currently living in one of those 3 apt complexes?

Congratulations!! Just wondering what you think made the difference this time after applying twice before? Did you do a masters program or retake the DAT or ??
Thanks for the insight! And again - congrats!!

Thanks! To be honest, not much has changed for me since I had applied last cycle. Same GPA (didn't take any new classes post-graduation), same DAT, EC, and LORs. The only thing new really was my job in a research lab at my undergrad and maybe submitting it earlier than last time. I submitted everything in early August..whereas last cycle I applied in mid-September. I guess I just got lucky? Sorry if this doesn't help...Good luck with everything and never lose hope!

I wonder how many people are going to accept the alternate position...seems like a good number is on the list

Yes, I got on the alternate list but I will be attending ucsf! So I declined the alternate position

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a letter as an alternate. Has anyone tried to call the school to figure out where they are on the list? My guess is they will continue to tell us they don't know.

Also, does anyone know whether or not an applicant can actually be denied after interviewing at Western or is everyone who isn't accepted placed on the alternate list?

Last edited:
You can definitely get rejected after an interview instead of placing on an alternate

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Just received a letter as an alternate. Has anyone tried to call the school to figure out where they are on the list? My guess is they will continue to tell us they don't know.

Also, does anyone know whether or not an applicant can actually be denied after interviewing at Western or is everyone who isn't accepted placed on the alternate list?

I called them and they told me that they don't have ranks and it's not first come first serve. It seems like she couldn't tell us how they pick people off the list.

Also, if you look at older post, you would find that some people were rejected before interview and some after interview. They have different spot for alternates ^__^.

Good luck!

I called them and they told me that they don't have ranks and it's not first come first serve. It seems like she couldn't tell us how they pick people off the list.

Also, if you look at older post, you would find that some people were rejected before interview and some after interview. They have different spot for alternates ^__^.

Good luck!

I just think that's a little weird. After all the time, effort, and money we have on this process one would think they would at least tell us where we stand on the alternate list or how they are going to choose who to accept? Does anyone else see where I'm coming from?

I submitted my supplemental 2 weeks ago

how competitive am I?

Here's my somewhat summarized profile.

Graduated with Biology and Chemistry
Magna Cum Laude
University Honors
3.7 GPA
3.56 science
26 MCAT

Head scribe, emergency room scribe
research
supplemental instructor, tutor
medical volunteer in Nepal

and other student organizations while in school

how competitive do you guys think I am?

I submitted my supplemental 2 weeks ago

how competitive am I?

Here's my somewhat summarized profile.

Graduated with Biology and Chemistry
Magna Cum Laude
University Honors
3.7 GPA
3.56 science
26 MCAT

Head scribe, emergency room scribe
research
supplemental instructor, tutor
medical volunteer in Nepal

and other student organizations while in school

how competitive do you guys think I am?

Dude... are you talking about medical school or dental school? Why do you have MCAT? XD

@kevinrho: Yeah.. I guess it's too soon huh? oh well...in the meantime, let's get excited about Superbowl!! 49ers all the wayy!! yeaaahhh!!

Dude... are you talking about medical school or dental school? Why do you have MCAT? XD

@kevinrho: Yeah.. I guess it's too soon huh? oh well...in the meantime, let's get excited about Superbowl!! 49ers all the wayy!! yeaaahhh!!

I'm talking about Western U DO school lol.

I'm talking about Western U DO school lol.

Ahh.. so, you are in the wrong place lol. You might wanna go to pre-med section.. they should be able to help you better there. ^__^

and Aggie, I think not... it's just the letter :) unless if you are talking about the confirmation email in reply to our alternate status confirmation... that, I don't know... good question...

anyone who sent in their deposit, did you receive any sort of confirmation that they received it?

anyone who sent in their deposit, did you receive any sort of confirmation that they received it?

Check your westernu email. Got a confirmation email from them last week. Sent the check on the 14th, received the email on the 17th.

What is my chance to get an acceptance if Im OOS and alternate status? Do you think Western U rank the people on the waitlist?

What is my chance to get an acceptance if Im OOS and alternate status? Do you think Western U rank the people on the waitlist?

I called today to ask about that and the lady said they do not rank their alternate list, the committee eventually pools together the alternate list and starts going through them again to start picking.

My friend who is a D2 at Western (and who was also on the alternate list) told me this same information. Since I was given conflicting information, I decided to call and ask them.

Well, I am not a lucky person, so it sounds scare.
Anyway, thanks for the information.
Do you guys know when does the school start sending acceptance mails for applicants on the waitlist?
I think (according to the admissions guidebook) they will call or mail starting from Feb. 8th and every 15days from the day. If not, correct me.

Well, I am not a lucky person, so it sounds scare.
Anyway, thanks for the information.
Do you guys know when does the school start sending acceptance mails for applicants on the waitlist?
I think (according to the admissions guidebook) they will call or mail starting from Feb. 8th and every 15days from the day. If not, correct me.
Received an emailed confirming my alternate status about 2 hours ago

hm.. i haven't heard ANYTHING from western, yet i submitted my supplemental app around early august... do you guys know if it's pretty much too late for interviews at this point? got an email early dec about my app still being "under review" but my application status hasn't changed on the Western U app website..

hm.. i haven't heard ANYTHING from western, yet i submitted my supplemental app around early august... do you guys know if it's pretty much too late for interviews at this point? got an email early dec about my app still being "under review" but my application status hasn't changed on the Western U app website..

I think they may be almost done with interviews
If I remember correctly, I think they interview until Feb.

I think they may be almost done with interviews
If I remember correctly, I think they interview until Feb.

I turned in my applications and was completed mid October. I have an interview for Feb 23. I hope that helps.

Does anyone know what the interviews at westernu is like and what types of questions do they ask?

I turned in my applications and was completed mid October. I have an interview for Feb 23. I hope that helps.

Does anyone know what the interviews at westernu is like and what types of questions do they ask?

Don't mean to be rude, but If you just put more effort and take a look at older posts, you will find detailed answers to your question...

Just curious about "post-dec-interviewee vs waitlist".
Do you think the "100 - 150 waitlists" will be " last resort"????

I just got an email saying that the last day of interview which is FEB 23rd remains as of right now

I will only be contacted over the phone if i am selected.

Hmmm good thing i was already accepted elsewhere...

So has anyone gotten an acceptance today? I know the second deposit deadline is today so maybe they have a better idea the number of spots available

So has anyone gotten an acceptance today? I know the second deposit deadline is today so maybe they have a better idea the number of spots available
i was wondering the same thing.. at my interview they said that Feb 8 would be the EARLIEST date they would notify us about acceptances but they didn't say it would be exactly today or not. it could very well be next week :/

Nobody got calls during the weekend? So, tomorrow is the day? I really hope that they call me this time!!!!!!

Not yet, from past posts it seems like they usually call towards the end of their work day.

Hoping to hear good news from them:xf: