The Republic of Texas Thread - Part IV - Don't Mess with Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a health symposium going on at A&M right now in the MSC, and Deans of Admissions from many (if not all) TX medical schools were supposed to be there. I went to see if UT-Houston had a booth, but they did not.

However, Dr. Jones (from UTSA) recognized me and talked to me for probably 5 minutes and jokingly criticized me for not choosing UTSA.

He also went on to say that UT-Houston was taking a lot of students this year, and didn't need to take anyone in the match (wow!). Apparently, they have done a great job recruiting this year!

Has anyone else heard anything like this? :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

There is a health symposium going on at A&M right now in the MSC, and Deans of Admissions from many (if not all) TX medical schools were supposed to be there. I went to see if UT-Houston had a booth, but they did not.

However, Dr. Jones (from UTSA) recognized me and talked to me for probably 5 minutes and jokingly criticized me for not choosing UTSA.

He also went on to say that UT-Houston was taking a lot of students this year, and didn't need to take anyone in the match (wow!). Apparently, they have done a great job recruiting this year!

.........In other news the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor.;) I agree, Houston did a very good job of recruiting/selling themselves.

I also went by the MSC and saw NO UTH! I was sad. :( They were supposed to be there. I also heard that UTH didn't match anyone because they were full.

Members don't see this ad :)
timeline.jpg

It appears to me that UTSW, UTH, and A&M didn't match anyone. I only know of UTSW for a fact though (I got the email). I haven't heard of anyone matching to TCOM though either.

But... I hope what someone said earlier about schools expecting to get more people off the waitlist than usual will come true for everyone!

It appears to me that UTSW, UTH, and A&M didn't match anyone. I only know of UTSW for a fact though (I got the email). I haven't heard of anyone matching to TCOM though either.

But... I hope what someone said earlier about schools expecting to get more people off the waitlist than usual will come true for everyone!

Yeah its not just Baylor that needs to get its game goin - JHU, Harvard, and the rest of the high rollers need to steal away UTSW's acceptees so these lists can get moving.

It would be weird if this happened to a great degree, because that would mean that UTSW's push for the rolling acceptances (to make offers to applicants that would otherwise be stolen away by OOS schools ) would have totally failed...

Yeah, just hearing about it makes me depressed. I wonder when UTH is going to send out WL letters or rejections. I hope that earlier post was true...:barf:

Someone in the Baylor thread said that Baylor is waiting on releasing acceptances on purpose cuz they wanted to see how much of a train wreck the TMDSAS match would be.

If this is true, I find it hilarious. They knew UTSW was trying to circumvent them stealing their acceptees. So they completely shut down to screw with the match, cuz they know if they don't release acceptances, it will cause a log jam in the shifting of Texas applicants in the match. They banked on Texas premeds getting uber pissed and calling up all the schools and TMDSAS. The schools and TMDSAS in turn get frustrated and then try to find the source of the log jam. Baylor claims backlogging and delays in their app process and points them to UTSW, saying that it was their fault for not leaving spots for the match and subsequent shifting of students.

Then everyone gets on UTSW's case. Baylor gets the last laugh before UTSW makes everyone switch to a full rolling process. Geez Baylor, you are one clever minx...

Has anyone called to find out their WL ranking at UTSW (section #)?

Has anyone called to find out their WL ranking at UTSW (section #)?

Ah Jayhawk. You're back. Well you were right, they didnt particpate in the match (due to lack of spots).

Do you have any other intel from the field?

Someone in the Baylor thread said that Baylor is waiting on releasing acceptances on purpose cuz they wanted to see how much of a train wreck the TMDSAS match would be.

If this is true

Its not true. Talk about an urban legend.

Baylor is not a teenage girl looking to subvert TMDSAS for their own amusement.

Does this even sound rational to you?

Everyone relax. Sit back and watch some Ari Gold and recognize all of the things in life you can't control.

Members don't see this ad :)
has everyone who interviewed at Southwestern but did not receive a waitlist email or been accepted have you been rejected or still waiting to hear? I am still waiting to hear...

Baylor is not a teenage girl looking to subvert TMDSAS for their own amusement.

Does this even sound rational to you?

Holden... does anything I post EVER sound rational?

I mean come on I posted a picture of a 500 pound woman in a thong bikini on the previous page...

When I see your username I see Eternal Large

You know after all these pics of FDH's mom, I really feel like I'm starting to get to know her. She's just so confident in her own skin! :) You should really get her to do her own post FDH!

Though it's interesting that you compare Baylor to the subvertive teenage girl, because we had previously discussed that UTSW was the hot cheerleader that would stomp all over your heart but you lust after her anyways while UTH is the quiet nice looking girl that helps you get into a situation where the cheerleader wants you but you end up choosing the nice looking girl at the end of the movie because love >> lust (ie Teen Wolf I).

I for one wish that you could get with the cheerleader, the nice girl, AND the subvertive underage girl next door AT THE SAME TIME FOR FREE!! YAY FINANCIAL AID

i like the girl/med school analogy...it fits well

Will y'all make a girl/med school comparison for every texas school? Then I'll change them around and make them for boys. It will be fun :)

Will y'all make a girl/med school comparison for every texas school? Then I'll change them around and make them for boys. It will be fun :)

med schools are more like girls than guys though...they play hard to get are annoying at times...you are forced to wait on them to get ready and figure out what they want to "wear" etc

Guys I just talk to TCOM with regards to waitlist. The Director of Admission told me that she doesn't expect any waitlist movement until late April/ May.:(

UT-Houston is the perfect girl who you dreamed of your entire life, then right when you are about to get married, she doesn't show up to the wedding.

UT-Houston is the perfect girl who you dreamed of your entire life, then right when you are about to get married, she doesn't show up to the wedding.

UTSW is the crazy girl....who tempts you and then cheats on you then rubs it in your face

med schools are more like girls than guys though...they play hard to get are annoying at times...you are forced to wait on them to get ready and figure out what they want to "wear" etc

Yeah but boys can be a LOT of trouble too. You know.. there is always the hot football player that leads you on, using you when he feels like it only to drop you immediately for the first cheerleader that walks by. But then of course he comes back the second the cheerleader finds an even hotter guy. And there's ALWAYS the dorky guy who will NOT leave you alone no matter what and semi-stalks you to a total point of creepyness!!!

And then we shouldn't even get into the amazing gay guy that you are in love with but can NEVER have because he is gay... and also prettier than you. Ohhh high school......

Wow - if you think that doesn't describe a guy then I should introduce you to a few of my exboyfriends. :eek:

UTSW is the crazy girl....who tempts you and then cheats on you then rubs it in your face

I hope no one takes any offense to this as it is all just a joke...Does that make Tech the coyote ugly?

UT H matched one person for a fact-- my friend MCAT around 28-29 but good grades only 3 interviews. Minority. He matched at UT-H with no pre-match.

more like figure out who they want to let inside

they don't want any premature matriculaters, but really it happens to alot of guys.

And on top of all this - TMDSAS is like the mom who tries and set you up with her daughters, like a matchmaker, but on the day of the proposed date you find out that she already gave her daughters out on too many dates earlier and can't accomodate you because you asked too late

that makes TAMU the cute country girl next door type. good thing those are my favorite girls. (btw, texas has the hottest girls of any state, which lends more credence to the fact that texas is the best state in the world)

now she just has to let me take her out on a date. she won't regret it.

oooo that would be fun too! describe our favorite med school as boy/girl :) This is so entertaining!

so is there a personality type that could be attributed to each med school in Texas

I think there is probably a stereotypical personality type for each school. I don't think it would hold up long term since everyone is different and we all know stereotypes in the end aren't usually true :)

Someone in the baylor thread called Baylor. They are not sending otu acceptances till after mid March. This clogged toilet is going to stay that way for a while...

Someone in the baylor thread called Baylor. They are not sending otu acceptances till after mid March. This clogged toilet is going to stay that way for a while...
haha as always, your metaphors are awesome. as i read it, i swear i saw myself as a piece of poo waiting to be released by the plunger into the acceptance sewer.

so it hit me full force today.

I am not going to be going to the school that I wanted to go to. Stop checking their website, it won't get you in. The hardest part to accept is the fact that they didn't want me, or that I was not 'good' enough. I don't know how I put myself in denial mode for so long. But damn. Today sucked.

so it hit me full force today.

I am not going to be going to the school that I wanted to go to. Stop checking their website, it won't get you in. The hardest part to accept is the fact that they didn't want me, or that I was not 'good' enough. I don't know how I put myself in denial mode for so long. But damn. Today sucked.

I'm not sure if this really means anything, but be really happy that you are going to med school:)

I'm asian so that doesnt make sense

Nonsense.

Here you are with friends:

frikisfatasiankid_01.jpg

A mural of you I drew:

fatasiankid15.jpg

You on the Death Star:

fatkidvader.jpg

You hanging out:

fatkidjerryspringer.jpg

got my rejection letter from UTSW....oh well...I am kind of pissed at the lady who said not to worry it could be good news...stupid bi834

You know after all these pics of FDH's mom, I really feel like I'm starting to get to know her. She's just so confident in her own skin! :) You should really get her to do her own post FDH!

okay guys, I got my mom on here for ya:

jeoh reouwo sdf wer zxc sdaw zds fg ytjolrtj owqeru

ooops, I guess her fingers were too fat to type...I'll translate. TX schools need to accept my son or I will eat all the babies in the world.

okay guys, I got my mom on here for ya:

jeoh reouwo sdf wer zxc sdaw zds fg ytjolrtj owqeru

ooops, I guess her fingers were too fat to type...I'll translate. TX schools need to accept my son or I will eat all the babies in the world.

:laugh: :laugh:

All the picutes you guys post on this thread are the reason why I'm never opening SDN while in the library or a campus computer.

now try to imagen a baby on the fork.

Pediatricians better start lobbying for my acceptance.

TCOM is the girl who's been in front of your face the whole time and you never noticed her because you were too busy looking at other girls. But then one day you see her, and damn! she's all you can think about.

adriana_lima_diamond_necklace.jpg

Woah.

I think your chances are good, personally.

TCOM is the girl who's been in front of your face the whole time and you never noticed her because you were too busy looking at other girls. But then one day you see her, and damn! she's all you can think about.

adriana_lima_diamond_necklace.jpg

you forgot to mention the part where she's an airhead

Status
Not open for further replies.