The Republic of Texas Thread - Part IV - Don't Mess with Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You also forgot to mention the part about how you could never get a girl like that in your life.

alright too-good-for-texas black sock. Get on to the other threads. No need to waste your insight on us...

Members don't see this ad.

alright too-good-for-texas black sock. Get on to the other threads. No need to waste your insight on us...

i just stated an opinion, sorry that it offended you
2wompwomp.gif

i generally like tx, and don't think i'm too good for it :)

this is a public forum you know

EDIT: I see you're coming up to Lubbock, I'm here currently, shoot me a PM if you have any questions

you forgot to mention the part where she's an airhead
Nooo, see that's just it. Everyone thinks she's an airhead, but when they talk to her they see that she really is smart, she just doesn't have to throw it in everyone's face all the time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nooo, see that's just it. Everyone thinks she's an airhead, but when they talk to her they see that she really is smart, she just doesn't have to throw it in everyone's face all the time.

I wish I could talk to her ;)

Haha, I agree. I was very impressed with TCOM!! I loved it.

However, make that a dumb-football-player analogy for me, since I am a girl. ;)

Oh, I'm a girl too so I hear ya. So for the ladies: TCOM is the football player who has to play dumb to fit in with his friends. He notices you in class, but you never thought you'd fall for a dumb football player because you're a smart premed, so you brush him off. Then one day, you're confused about something in class and he explains it to you so well that his intelligence is revealed and you proceed to...well, you get the picture.

tom_welling_02.jpg

Oh, I'm a girl too so I hear ya. So for the ladies: TCOM is the football player who has to play dumb to fit in with his friends. He notices you in class, but you never thought you'd fall for a dumb football player because you're a smart premed, so you brush him off. Then one day, you're confused about something in class and he explains it to you so well that his intelligence is revealed and you proceed to...well, you get the picture.

tom_welling_02.jpg

I played football at KU (offensive tackle), and my girlfriend about fainted when we actually sat down and talked on our first date. Playing the dumb football card is awesome becase no one expects anything from you.

Like I asked before: Has anyone called UTSW about their position on the WL?

Ok I'm going to try one for UTSW

UTSW is the guy who is valedictorian, quarterback of the football team, every man in his family before was also the same, he's ridiculously good looking, AND to top it off he's so focused he's not interested in dating, let alone talking to, any girls because they might get in the way of his future career.

(ok not the best but I tried!)

And UTH can be the super cute (but not outstandingly hot), friendly, courteous, guy who after watching you walk down the halls every day and stealing glances at you, finally asks you to homecoming (and gives you a kick a** mum to go along with the whole thing)

I played football at KU (offensive tackle), and my girlfriend about fainted when we actually sat down and talked on our first date. Playing the dumb football card is awesome becase no one expects anything from you.

Little did she know that O-line folks have the highest average Wonderlic score of all positions. Big, Mean and Smart....the best of many worlds.

I am not calling because I'm holding onto the idea that if it is supposed to happen it will happen. So I'm not sure if they even have it all together.

OK, time for pix!

UTSW:
JESSEMETCALFE13.jpg

UTH:
22.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
hi,

maybe this has already been said, but i called the uthscsa admission's office today and they told me waitlist "offers" were sent out feb. 15. the offer gives those "selected" the opportunity to join or decline to join the waitlist, which they call an "alternate pool."
i also called uth. they said they will send their waitlist info in march.

make sure your tmdsas mailing addresses are still correct!

How many students will be in each class for EY2007?

Also, anyone called the schools and asked what the average GPA/MCAT is for the entering classes??

got my rejection letter from UTSW....oh well...I am kind of pissed at the lady who said not to worry it could be good news...stupid bi834

Sorry dude. Had they sent you an email earlier about waitlist?

I have no idea what happened to this thread..

Nor does anyone else...but who cares? It's kind of fun.

Sic 'em!

PS: I love Adam Brody's hair. Perfect to play with. :D

Time for thread hijack!

If applying to medical school was like taking a college course, what college course would it be and why?

Time for thread hijack!

If applying to medical school was like taking a college course, what college course would it be and why?

Philosophy.

Complicated, subjective, and nobody really knows what a "correct" answer is.

WTF I was thinking of visiting family in the DFW area and last time I booked a ticket it was like $160 now it's like $280!

you do know that, at some point, you're going to have to introduce yourself to me, right?

I'm going to show up to Immunology one day and start asking random guys if they are "armybound."

Either that, or you will have to do the same, and start asking girls if they are "baylormed."

That wouldn't be awkward at all. :laugh: Okay, maybe there is a better way to do this.

Let me take a wild guess...*facing the board*, right side, third row, first seat (closest to aisle). I say this because I know you have already graduated.

I'm going to show up to Immunology one day and start asking random guys if they are "armybound."

Either that, or you will have to do the same, and start asking girls if they are "baylormed."

That wouldn't be awkward at all. :laugh: Okay, maybe there is a better way to do this.

Let me take a wild guess...*facing the board*, right side, third row, first seat (closest to aisle). I say this because I know you have already graduated.
haha. this is what the picture thread is for ;)

haha. this is what the picture thread is for ;)

Haha, I don't want to post my pic on SDN because then anybody could know who I am. Only a few people here on SDN actually know what I look like, but that's because I was bound to meet them soon anyway. ;)

EDIT: If you are the guy I mentioned above, then we've already met. :)

omg baylor med is a girl??

I guess i (and most ppl) assume that most other people are guys for some reason.. no offense!

Haha, I don't want to post my pic on SDN because then anybody could know who I am. Only a few people here on SDN actually know what I look like, but that's because I was bound to meet them soon anyway. ;)

EDIT: If you are the guy I mentioned above, then we've already met. :)
ohhh that's Stephen, one of the other BMSers. I sit toward the back of the room, actually. do you sit near Stephen?

How many students will be in each class for EY2007?

Also, anyone called the schools and asked what the average GPA/MCAT is for the entering classes??

There are currently 230 people accepted to our class at UTMB, and they said the target is 225, so maybe their waitlist will move pretty well this year. The gender ratio is 52/48 in favor of guys, but the dean hinted that they might use waitlist movement to rebalance that. See the video I posted earlier for other stuff. Is that your calico?

I think for UTH its 31/3.76 and for UTMB its 30/3.78

For those of you interested, Texas A&M is sending rejections...to ppl that didn't apply http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=372364

:eek:

How embarrasking for that med school.

Got mine today.

ohhh that's Stephen, one of the other BMSers. I sit toward the back of the room, actually. do you sit near Stephen?

Yeah, I was Stephen's lab partner in O-chem lab. He was the best partner ever! :) I sit nearby, yeah...:p

omg baylor med is a girl??

I guess i (and most ppl) assume that most other people are guys for some reason.. no offense!

I used to have the phrase "I am a GIRL! A GIRL!!!" under my avatar, but then people started making fun of my need to tell everyone I was female. This was precisely the reason why, I just wanted to make it clear. :D

There are currently 230 people accepted to our class at UTMB, and they said the target is 225, so maybe their waitlist will move pretty well this year. The gender ratio is 52/48 in favor of guys, but the dean hinted that they might use waitlist movement to rebalance that. See the video I posted earlier for other stuff. Is that your calico?

I think for UTH its 31/3.76 and for UTMB its 30/3.78

Got mine today.

If there at 230 and the target is 225, why would that suggest good waitlist movement? Wouldn't it suggest that if 5 people leave they wouldn't try to replace them.

Yeah, I was Stephen's lab partner in O-chem lab. He was the best partner ever! :) I sit nearby, yeah...:p
I'm going to figure out who you are then. my name is Jake, you can ask him to point me out if you want, he knows where I sit, I think.

or you can go look through the picture thread (pt. 1), I posted my picture in there.

I'm going to figure out who you are then. my name is Jake, you can ask him to point me out if you want, he knows where I sit, I think.

or you can go look through the picture thread (pt. 1), I posted my picture in there.

Now I'm going to be very self-conscious during the next Immunology class. :p

Now I'm going to be very self-conscious during the next Immunology class. :p
haha, you don't have to say hi if you don't want to. it's just weird knowing we sometimes converse online and have a class together but I have no idea who you are

I can understand wanting to remain anonymous though

haha, you don't have to say hi if you don't want to. it's just weird knowing we sometimes converse online and have a class together but I have no idea who you are

I can understand wanting to remain anonymous though

Oh, no, but it would feel weird if you knew who I was and I didn't know who you were. You'll have to introduce yourself and then it wouldn't be weird anymore. :)

If there at 230 and the target is 225, why would that suggest good waitlist movement? Wouldn't it suggest that if 5 people leave they wouldn't try to replace them.

Well, they had 7 people defer last year, and of course they expect some to withdraw as well. Admittedly, I'm not sure what constitutes "good" waitlist movement, but it would seem very possible that more than 5 people could defer, withdraw, be hit by cars, or something in the next 6 months. I think someone said UTSW has 265 accepted for a class of I guess around 230, but of course they'll probably have much more movement.

I used to have the phrase "I am a GIRL! A GIRL!!!" under my avatar, but then people started making fun of my need to tell everyone I was female. This was precisely the reason why, I just wanted to make it clear. :D
Maybe I should do this too because apparently everyone thinks I'm a guy as well.

Maybe it's because I'm man-ishly tall and have a mustache... or maybe it's because everyone assumes I'm Vin Diesel

armybound said:
ah, you're waaaay up there. i'll say hi if i run into you. i sit near the back.. maybe 3rd row from the back? far right as well.

Aaah, you're one of the kids that likes the back of the classroom (I do too, but if I sat there I woud fall asleep every class). :p

PS. Haha, we completely hijacked this thread. :laugh:

Maybe I should do this too because apparently everyone thinks I'm a guy as well.

Maybe it's because I'm man-ishly tall and have a mustache... or maybe it's because everyone assumes I'm Vin Diesel

Haha, right, because we all know that all male medical students look like VinDiesel...(well, I hope they do, but I will keep my expectations low). ;)

BTW, I never really assumed you were a guy, I always associated the "Anastasis" with a girl name like "Anastasia" or "Ana".

Aaah, you're one of the kids that likes the back of the classroom (I do too, but if I sat there I woud fall asleep every class). :p

PS. Haha, we completely hijacked this thread. :laugh:
trust me, it's hard to stay awake. it's the same seat I sat in last semester for molgen, so I stuck with it.

i'd rather us hijack this thread than keep with the half-naked pictures of guys

trust me, it's hard to stay awake. it's the same seat I sat in last semester for molgen, so I stuck with it.

i'd rather us hijack this thread than keep with the half-naked pictures of guys

I agree. Or the scary pictures of FDH's mom on page 13 and 14. :eek:

Hey! I took molgen last semester too! and I sat near the back (third row from the back) but on the left side. Goodness I hated that class with my whole being!!!!

The seat I'm on right now is the same one I had during Cell Fiz with Dr. E. That was a great class!!

It's funny how, despite having a gigantic science building, every class I take seems to be in the same classroom. :laugh:

Haha, right, because we all know that all male medical students look like VinDiesel...(well, I hope they do, but I will keep my expectations low). ;)

BTW, I never really assumed you were a guy, I always associated the "Anastasis" with a girl name like "Anastasia" or "Ana".
I would assume that would be the case with most people (it's actually a greek word).

And again...
pic02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.