There Be Basics WW 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Shorty, Dina - pushing hard for a misyeet, ignoring other wolf possibilities
please - the more likely 3rd wolf from what I'm reading, shoring up shorty and dina, avoiding the quiet wolf stereotype just barely
alley - possible quiet!wolf, but I think less likely
Ace - sketchtastic noob, but from VCA I'm thinking just a noob now
April - nice!April playing village meta
Vis - Not seeing anything that looks like w/w, wolfhunting fr

Why alley less likely than pleasey?

Members don't see this ad.

Unofficial vote tally
kras (5) - Shorty, Dina, Alley, Vis, plz
shorty (1) - kras

6/8

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m surprised that you’re using the same exact playbook as last game given how many of us played in that one too. But you’ve been busy this week, so I understand your struggle.
Yeah, with deliberately misinterpreting things too, excellent wolfing shortyspice

Yeah, with deliberately misinterpreting things too, excellent wolfing shortyspice
Also, decide on your message here - either you think I’m a short sighted wolf or you think I’m wolfing well, it can’t be both.

It doesn’t matter because you’re grasping at straws either way and we all know it, but some consistency would be nice, yeah?

Why alley less likely than pleasey?
Maybe it's just the personal IRL stuff, but even when posting, the distraction is real and there's not enough content there - whereas even a quiet!wolf doesn't really fall that far behind with wolfchat to keep them updated. There would be less struggle to catch up if she wasn't alone

Careful with the snark shorty... We've all already been reminded not to cross the line.
And it just highlights your open!wolf at this point

We only are if there are 3 wolves remaining, not 2.

idk if kaydubs would've announced it, but kras seems so sure. I've been leaning towards 3 wolves total for reasons I stated a while ago

WOOMP THERE IT IS

told you she’d pivot it to mylo

I actually went back to the noob game she wolfed in about 2 years ago because that was the last game I remembered her wolfing (besides emoji). And she brought up *ylo in there too. To be fair I haven't checked if she's done it in a game she's been village, but I'm not aware of a game where she was village until end game

Members don't see this ad :)
Me neither, cuz the vets are usually around to yeet me off earlier to avoid exactly this scenario
The one where you’re a wolf who makes it to endgame, yeah, I can see why.

Don’t worry, all dogs go to heaven, I assume that includes Canis lupus, and your pack mate genny is waiting for you!

• Okay...
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
So for everybody else... when I flip village tonight, if by some miracle there are only 2 wolves and you get a chance to yeet again tomorrow, keep these previous 2 pages in mind and vote accordingly if you actually want a village win

• Haha
LOL “when I flip village”
You’ll flip wolf. Then either Dina, Vissy, or I will get killed overnight, and Ace will get yeeted tomorrow.

You guys played a great game, but village is BACK.

• Haha
LOL “when I flip village”
You’ll flip wolf. Then either Dina, Vissy, or I will get killed overnight, and Ace will get yeeted tomorrow.

You guys played a great game, but village is BACK.
This is gonna look really bad for you in T-4h...

This is gonna look really bad for you in T-4h...
I’ve watched you wave your hands like this before. This isn’t the first wolf!kras encounter I’m seeing.

I do appreciate that you’re putting up a good fight though, thread’s been kind of quiet and I always respect a wolf who fights it out to the end.

I’ve watched you wave your hands like this before. This isn’t the first wolf!kras encounter I’m seeing.

I do appreciate that you’re putting up a good fight though, thread’s been kind of quiet and I always respect a wolf who fights it out to the end.

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

Imma go do my laundry and think about dinner now...

Don’t Misvote/Misyeet on Day 5 Yeet Tally

kras (5) - supershorty, Dina, alleycat, Viscernable, vetschools
Acehunter ()
supershorty (1) - kras

6/8

Leading: @kraskadva

Missing: @Aprilthearab @Acehunter123

[insert appropriate panicked gif here]

Yeet/Vote closing at 10pm Eastern, TODAY, Friday, 2/12/2021 (~4 hours)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I went back to the Emojis game to see if there were any other examples of wolf!kras topics that she brings up when she's on the chopping block, but it appears that I pulled most of those in my posts this morning where I compared how she responded to Zenge pressing her in that game with how she's responded to my pressing her in this one. It's worth noting that she brought up or did nearly everything that I predicted she'd do this morning - she is a very consistent player!

If you want a refresher, here's the post with wolf!kras quotes from Emojis and here's the post with wolf!kras votes from Basics.

tl;dr: wolf!kras likes the following things when she's in hot water:
- Accusing other people of openwolfing
- Talking about MYLO/VOLO/MARVOLO
- Relying on being a sketchy meta in general and saying that as a result, you can't tell anything about her
- Doubling down and repeatedly saying how she'll be a misyeet (saying this says nothing about your affiliation, I have yet to encounter a wolf who's like "oh yah, u got me, Skippy!")

• Haha
  • Wow
I literally cannot sleep because I’m up thinking about this, so let me expand on the 2 options that the wolves have at this point when it comes to tonight’s NK.

Option 1: kill shorty. I’m openly sussing kras and have been playing a super pro-village game, even though I too have fallen into the misreads of people who turn out to be village and for some reason decide their best option for play is to be as sketch as possible instead of helping the team. Choosing this path still leaves an out for the wolf pack because I drew attention to the fact that people who sus kras die; all she has to do is say that killing me would be way too obvious for her to do if she’s a wolf.

Option 2: kill someone other than me and then use that to try and discredit me for the entire day and turn people against me. Based on posts last night, I think this is the more likely route that they’ll go. Personally, I don’t think that’s a wise move because you can go back through this thread and see my commitment to wolfhunting, while you can also see how kras has been skating by on her sketchy meta and we’ve been giving her a pass for it. I also expect that she’d play up the importance of today’s yeet vote to sow doubt in everyone about our strongest village reads while still not actually contributing anything definitive to village efforts.

Both options are viable and either could lead to a wolf win if done right.
Well, #2 happened in the way that someone other than you died but Kras seems to be the only one trying to discredit you, and not really for that reason. No one else seems opposed to you or to the Kras yeet. Ace hasn't been around at all so if he's a wolf it makes more sense, as we haven't seen where he's going to place his vote. Do you think there's a 3rd wolf and if so who would be your #3 choice after Kras and Ace? Any reason they're not trying to fight the Kras yeet?
***if you end up needing to take a gap year feel free to reach out if you need application help or essays read***
@vetschoolsletmeinplease Ditto!! I took an intentional gap year so I've been in that boat, and I love proof-reading essays and applications.
Is @Acehunter123 planning on showing up today?
Likely not. This is outside game/NAI but he got home from school a couple hours ago and has been chugging away at homework ever since, likely to continue into the night. But he might surprise us

• Care
Well, #2 happened in the way that someone other than you died but Kras seems to be the only one trying to discredit you, and not really for that reason. No one else seems opposed to you or to the Kras yeet. Ace hasn't been around at all so if he's a wolf it makes more sense, as we haven't seen where he's going to place his vote. Do you think there's a 3rd wolf and if so who would be your #3 choice after Kras and Ace? Any reason they're not trying to fight the Kras yeet?
I think it's more likely that there are 2 wolves remaining. Dina discussed it earlier, but with the wolves having the extra NK the first night, it seems more balanced and probable that there are 2 vs 3 since as far as I can tell, we don't have any villagers with PRs (based on a lack of night actions other than villagers getting killed). When I'd done the math for this game, there could be 3 or 4 wolves total.

I also feel like kaydubs probably would have mentioned it if we were in MYLO, but I don't want to bank on that.

I'm also struggling to get a POE with 3 wolves that seems compatible to me

In a non-strategy from beyond the grave way, I would just like to express my displeasure at the lack of mourning for me.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
been lurking during class today;
I'm finding shortys points on kras playing nearly identical to the wolfy kras last game really compelling (my vote is where it is)
and i agree that kras/alley are super unlikely, but at this point I'm almost like no ace CANT be open wolfing this BAD but I'm getting into super WIFOM territory and talking myself in circles about it

In a non-strategy from beyond the grave way, I would just like to express my displeasure at the lack of mourning for me.
**** i'll gaze into the sunset for you so that the In N Out palm trees look like your prof picture 💕 💕 ***

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Is @Acehunter123 planning on showing up today?
Acehunter has been insanely busy today since 7 with classes, class work, and microbiology research... I only just got a break but its not very long. My suspicions aren't great tbh I really thought Lainey was a wolf based on her posts and especially her interractions with everyone. I'm really starting to question my suspicion on Kras as well based in the same reason that the yeet looks so good and right. Worried he may flip village and surprise everyone including myself just like Lainey. Can't help but feel severe deja vu. Based on Crays previous suspicion and other muddled and varied suspicions and comments I'm curious what may happen if anything to this proposition... Yeet Dinashadow

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Acehunter has been insanely busy today since 7 with classes, class work, and microbiology research... I only just got a break but its not very long. My suspicions aren't great tbh I really thought Lainey was a wolf based on her posts and especially her interractions with everyone. I'm really starting to question my suspicion on Kras as well based in the same reason that the yeet looks so good and right. Worried he may flip village and surprise everyone including myself just like Lainey. Can't help but feel severe deja vu. Based on Crays previous suspicion and other muddled and varied suspicions and comments I'm curious what may happen if anything to this proposition... Yeet Dinashadow
But why tho

I don't know Dina's meta.

But Dubz sussed her, and MsP's dying breath said to look closely there as well. Besides myself (although I would argue I've been less effective in my vote-****ery) VCA looks worst here as well.

After losing genny I could totally see her taking out WZ and AM and then just letting/leading village to turn on the sus noobs left as an easy misyeet train to victory.

Do you have any of your own reasoning?

She also had Dina primed as a suspect enough to actually yeet her... may be worth revisiting?
What are your thoughts on my post where I outlined why I would be inclined to think kras over Dina if we think an experienced player is in the pack?

@Acehunter123 there's been quite a bit of evidence presented for kras' yeet today - and some of that ties you to her. Do you have any thoughts on that?
I personally don't see any connection especially given how hard she has tried to have me yeeted. Wouldn't make any sense, we are not compatible in the slightest and it seems more like kras has given up at this point. Much like Lainey, Msp, and even sloth at one point. Makes me really nervous about possible village flip tbh.

I personally don't see any connection especially given how hard she has tried to have me yeeted. Wouldn't make any sense, we are not compatible in the slightest and it seems more like kras has given up at this point. Much like Lainey, Msp, and even sloth at one point. Makes me really nervous about possible village flip tbh.
I think you should revisit my post and re-evaluate how "hard" she's trying to yeet you when she's placing votes on you solely when you are not actually a contender to get yeeted. I put a lot of work into that analysis. Give it a good, thorough read, not a skim.

Reactions: 2 users
it seems more like kras has given up at this point. Much like Lainey, Msp, and even sloth at one point. Makes me really nervous about possible village flip tbh.
Did you miss the 2 pages of back-and-forth with me? Kras has put up quite a fight. It's been very respectable.

What are your thoughts on how similar her play is in this game to the last game where she was wolfing?

Vote history night 1 voted for April instead of Genny late vote. A bit strange in my opinion she didn't vote for genny almost as if she was last minute trying to waffle April who I've already established in my previous posts I believe is a villager.
It could be a more experienced player power wolfing and driving the pack (think dubz last game), so yeah I know I'm sus and maybe I'd vote for me too, but this isn't how I play wolf. I can't really say anything for my voting but I've been genuinely trying to wolf hunt. I never said I was good at this game :shrug:

But now I see cray got NK (which wasn't a good choice for a NK in my opinion but w/e it helps us) so that makes me the most experienced player here so I'm going to say that's not happening here.

I think alley/please is interesting or alley/lainey. I might go back and iso when they mentioned each other. we need to check where reads are not matching up. I think it's between alley, lainey, ace, kras
This post makes me uncomfortable especially when she even admits she thinks she's suspicious but "this isn't how I play wolf" is her defense which honestly doesn't sound too good. She then redirects back to putting pressure on an Alley/Lainey duo which after the Lainey flip makes me even more suspicious that she's trying to musdirect suspicion away from herself and back onto village.

Did you miss the 2 pages of back-and-forth with me? Kras has put up quite a fight. It's been very respectable.

What are your thoughts on how similar her play is in this game to the last game where she was wolfing?
I meant after her most recent comment of getting dinner... sounded like a defeat more than drumming up more support. Like an im tired odds are against me so I'm stepping away for now gesture. As far as the last game I would not know as I was not a part of it. I dont even know if I can access those posts... if so please let me know how

Vote history night 1 voted for April instead of Genny late vote. A bit strange in my opinion she didn't vote for genny almost as if she was last minute trying to waffle April who I've already established in my previous posts I believe is a villager.
This is an interesting point for you to try to make given that your own D1 vote was for April and you pushed that wagon hard all day.

I meant after her most recent comment of getting dinner... sounded like a defeat more than drumming up more support. Like an im tired odds are against me so I'm stepping away for now gesture. As far as the last game I would not know as I was not a part of it. I dont even know if I can access those posts... if so please let me know how
Omg dude I quoted them into this thread, can you at least pretend to try? I know you're losing your packmate and you're not sure what to do, but come on.