There Be Basics WW 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They both voted for Sloth on D2 and sloth was village though, so not a bus.
Not looking at Lainey & Ace's votes, looking at the wagons
Why can't wolves vote with villagers? There's no reason why there can't be wolf votes on sloth (considering sloth flipped village) and almost the entire village was on MsP yesterday including you
Sure they can, but if we take the genny wagon as a village clear, then anyone not on it is in the POE, and looking at final votes from then on, leaves the 4 of you

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Sure they can, but if we take the genny wagon as a village clear, then anyone not on it is in the POE, and looking at final votes from then on, leaves the 4 of you
I think it would be downright foolish to take Lainey out of the POE entirely given her posts throughout the thread.

I'm so glad you've come to that logic 10 minutes before yeet close after pushing ace for the last cycle or so
I have been busy... fell free to keep me in your POE for the same logic, cuz it sure doesn't clear me either

Members don't see this ad :)
Are You Afraid of Day 4 Yeet Tally

Acehunter (2) - kras, vetschools
LaineyLou (6) - supershorty, Acehunter, Dina, April, alleycat, sunshine

8/10

Leading: @LaineyLou

Missing: @Viscernable @LaineyLou

tumblr_mmwq1rV35B1qj3996o2_r1_500.gif

Yeet/Vote closing at 10pm Eastern, TODAY, Thursday, 2/11/2021 ???? (~5 minutes)

:unsure::unsure::unsure:....

But if we use that logic, then most of the potential wolves would be on the Ace vote the next day....

And then on the MsP vote yesterday...
So with this switch in your feelings on the ace wagon, who is your strongest wolf read (saw POE, but where do you think we should be voting in the next 4 min?)

Which leaves Shorty, Ally, Plz, and Dina in the POE
Strange, after having the yeet on me for so long to re-evaluate and suddenly suggest that we are more likely wolf-bait. While I appreciate the thought I am unsure of the logic that brought you to the conclusion?

• Hmm
So with this switch in your feelings on the ace wagon, who is your strongest wolf read (saw POE, but where do you think we should be voting in the next 4 min?)
I am not encouraging a waffle fest. The Lainey flip will be a better indicator of whether that logic holds or not

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Not looking at Lainey & Ace's votes, looking at the wagons

When I clear people on the genny yeet it has to do with how early they were on the yeet and how much they pushed throughout the day, that's why I left lainey on. It's common practice for wolves to tag on to the end of a fellow packmate's vote when they're going down

Strange, after having the yeet on me for so long to re-evaluate and suddenly suggest that we are more likely wolf-bait. While I appreciate the thought I am unsure of the logic that brought you to the conclusion?
I literally just spelled it out, go read

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reads please.

And read posts that you're replying to, please.

I am not encouraging a waffle fest. The Lainey flip will be a better indicator of whether that logic holds or not

I'm not completely against your POE (except for the part where I'm there). I do think Lainey flipping wolf will more than likely make me look towards alley/plz than ace.

And I'm praying to the WW gods that Shorty isn't a wolf because if she is I don't think I'll ever be able to trust her again.

Reactions: 4 users
And I'm praying to the WW gods that Shorty isn't a wolf because if she is I don't think I'll ever be able to trust her again.
I feel like that would be some crazy fantasy game if I could powerwolf like that in my secondish/thirdish time out.

I'm just good at putting together ISO posts and spreadsheets and apparently terrible at everything else that actually matters in this game :(

• Care
  • Hmm
Do you believe her that she thinks it was a bad NK choice? I’m hesitating to think she’s a wolf with Lainey and Sunny’s village after Lainey pushed cray, sunny pushed cray HARD, and then Dina tied herself to the cray sus late enough at night that there wouldn’t be time to sway other villagers.
There were a lot of other much more yeetable people than Cray and even if pressure was being put on Cray, it didn't seem to be materializing. I'm not sure if the wolves were worried about her sus list or veteran status more than others or what. Not sure if I understand your point about Dina sussing Cray late at night and what that has to do with a Cray NK but this is my tired brain trying its best

• Hmm
I feel like that would be some crazy fantasy game if I could powerwolf like that in my secondish/thirdish time out.
This is a thing I have 100% said in multiple forms when I've been a wolf, so....

• Hmm
I don't love that someone who hasn't really contributed to wolfhunting much at all is trying to sow suspicion on someone who has been busting ass all week, tbh. I think my efforts say a lot.

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
I gave my attempt at reads for Kras, Alley, and especially Lainey. I will repeat them as they were my highest wolf reads.
Alley: originally I read her as seeming wolfy. I can't distinguish if I felt this way due to her low activity but I felt a lot better about her following her activity that I read through today.
Kras: limited on posts. Most recent post logic after rereading seems decent assuming Lainey flips village however I find it strange how they only just posted this just now, why the wait? Also assuming the logic is sound does that mean I can expect to see the yeet vote shift over from me after the vote results are announced.
I've been outlining Lainey for the last two days so I really don't feel anymore needed to be said following my most recent slew of quotes and analysis yesterday.
Still working through others just limited on time with this vote being a 12 hour one. Was tempted to ask for the extra time but didn't want to risk another shift over from Lainey in that time when she is my top suspect.

• Hmm
I don't love that someone who hasn't really contributed to wolfhunting much at all is trying to sow suspicion on someone who has been busting ass all week, tbh. I think my efforts say a lot.
fair point. I'm just following out the logic that Dina put out there and that's the logical conclusion

I gave my attempt at reads for Kras, Alley, and especially Lainey. I will repeat them as they were my highest wolf reads.
Alley: originally I read her as seeming wolfy. I can't distinguish if I felt this way due to her low activity but I felt a lot better about her following her activity that I read through today.
Kras: limited on posts. Most recent post logic after rereading seems decent assuming Lainey flips village however I find it strange how they only just posted this just now, why the wait? Also assuming the logic is sound does that mean I can expect to see the yeet vote shift over from me after the vote results are announced.
I've been outlining Lainey for the last two days so I really don't feel anymore needed to be said following my most recent slew of quotes and analysis yesterday.
Still working through others just limited on time with this vote being a 12 hour one. Was tempted to ask for the extra time but didn't want to risk another shift over from Lainey in that time when she is my top suspect.
Or you could give reads on people you didn't give reads on yet instead of repeating yourself and ending with excuses.

Anti-village.

Based on the interractions between Lainey and Alley, if Lainey flips wolf i am more than happy to re-evaluate.

Or you could give reads on people you didn't give reads on yet instead of repeating yourself and ending with excuses.

Anti-village.
I was pointing out that I was infact giving reads incase you missed them earlier. Working through people as I had stated earlier.

• Okay...
If she's wolf, then it doesn't necessarily hold up. If she's village, the everybody needs to reevaluate their village blocs
I was going to ask why this is true for Lainey and not ace but after rereading your post I understand where you’re coming from. Color-coded with people not on the genny vote in gray to help myself think about this. In the event that Lainey flips village (didn’t put her in green to avoid causing confusion if people are skimming over this):

April (5) - alleycat, Acehunter, AM, genny, Dina
DubZ (2) - kras, Philosloth
Philosloth
(2) - supershorty, vetschools
supershorty
(1) - DrRoRo
genny (6) - Zenge, sunshinefl, April, Viscernable, DubZ, LaineyLou

Philosloth (7) - sunshine, LaineyLou, Zenge, kras, Acehunter, Viscernable, Crayola
Acehunter (6) - Philosloth, vetschools, supershorty, Dina, alleycat, MsP
LaineyLou (1) - April

Kras and ace are on sloth, which particularly interests me because I’ve been wondering since kras switched her read of the ace wagon tonight if her push for ace earlier was a bus she never intended to follow through on...

I don’t see any issue with kras and ace voting sloth together. I’d have to check the exact times of votes since there was a lot of -minute ****ery, but I could buy there being a third wolf on ace prepared to switch if necessary - it does feel unlikely given what I remember of the last-minute chaos, but as others have pointed out there may just be two wolves remaining, especially considering from a balancing perspective that they had an extra kill.

Acehunter (1) - MsP
MsP
(8) - April, alley, LaineyLou, kras, supershorty, Dina, vetschools, Crayola
LaineyLou (3) - Viscernable, Acehunter, sunshinefl

Considering what a large margin MsP ended up with, and that most people who switched their votes announced ahead of time that they would so wolves could have planned for it, I wouldn’t rule out any combo of wolves based on D3 voting. If Lainey were to flip village it would be even less informative since the two leading wagons would be village - lots of lip service to the ace vote but it wasn’t a likely yeet at any point given how suspect we were of MsP and LaineyLou.

TLDR I don’t agree and I think I want to look harder at kras, especially if Lainey flips village.

Writeup will probably have been posted by now so I’m about to find out how suspicious I am of kras :unsure:

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Day 4

d4d14f44f203d4c3eef39445903eb8d0.gif

More wolf/dragon hunting abounded. Results?

Dead is @LaineyLou - Pirate, vanillager

PLEASE NOTE: DAY CYCLES ARE NOW 12 HOURS LONG. PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENT UPGRADED TO *5* POST DAILY. (Changes are reflected in initial post)

Stay alive, yo!

9 players remain

2. @Dinashadow
4. @supershorty
5. @Aprilthearab
8. @alleycat03
9. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
12. @sunshinefl
13. @kraskadva
14. @Viscernable
18. @Acehunter123

Dead/Lost to Sea/Space
7. @genny - Dragon, vanilla wolf
1. @Animal Midwife - Pirate, vanilla villager/vanillager
3. @WildZoo - Pirate, vanilla villager/vanillager
15. @DrRoRo - Pirate, vanilla villager/vanillager
17. @PhiloslothicalStudent - Pirate, vanilla villager/vanillager
11. @Zenge142 - Pirate, vanilla villager/vanillager
6. @Ms Procrastinator - Pirate, vanilla villager/vanillager
16. @Crayola227 - Pirate, vanilla villager/vanillager
10. @LaineyLou - Pirate, vanilla villager/vanillager

It is now Night 4. PM deadline is at 10am EST (9am CST/8am MST/7am fantasyland) or sooner...

~*~*~*Table of Contents*~*~*~

• Wow
Kras and ace are on sloth, which particularly interests me because I’ve been wondering since kras switched her read of the ace wagon tonight if her push for ace earlier was a bus she never intended to follow through on...
I have been wondering this too, and with Lainey's flip now, kras has moved WAY up in my POE. And I'm convinced that the lip service from Ace about how he was going to try harder and play better was just that - lip service.

• Hmm
D2 I was thinking all the Ace sus was just because of his noobishness, but after sloth flipped village and there was a huge push for Ace in the first half of the next day, which then evaporated and I didn't like that which I why I've been sussing him. But rethinking this all now when I have a minute, (and now with the Lainey flip), I wanna look in other directions

• Hmm
Looking at the numbers, if there are 3 wolves left, then tomorrow is likely MYLO, so I hope everybody's ready to do some serious reevaluation tomorrow

• Wow
Completely caught up. Plan on re-evaluating tomorrow. Too foggy to have a good idea of where I'll start. Falling asleep as I type :yawn: hoping I don't come back in the morning to 10 pages I need to read during work

• Care
AM did an iso of Kras before she was NK'd. It's post #907.

There was some joking interactions between them and kras provided this read of genny

In general so far, it kinda feels like many people are trying to switch up their meta, or still establishing one, so there's a lot of static for me in what's been posted so far.

Genny's being a tisch more jokey and chaotic that usual, but nothing that's stuck out to me as particularly sus yet
Dubz is definitely excited to be here...but whether to read that through genny's lens of possibly 3P role, or as any of the potentially NAI reasons April listed, IDK yet
Cray feels the most normal, typical meta, village!cray out of anybody

I have to sleep on this. I still haven't gotten rid of this migraine despite excedrin so I'm going to come back tomorrow with a (hopefully) fresh mind

• Care
  • Hmm
Reactions: 5 users
Looking at the numbers, if there are 3 wolves left, then tomorrow is likely MYLO, so I hope everybody's ready to do some serious reevaluation tomorrow
Are you planning to actually wolf hunt tomorrow, or are you intending to vaguebook when you show up as per the rest of this game? Just checking. You’ve played enough games that you could be contributing a lot more to the village effort than you have been.

That is, if you’re village.

Are you planning to actually wolf hunt tomorrow, or are you intending to vaguebook when you show up as per the rest of this game? Just checking. You’ve played enough games that you could be contributing a lot more to the village effort than you have been.

That is, if you’re village.
I've got tomorrow off, so I'll be here

So, I thought about this a lot tonight, and other than the fact that the people who have been NKed thus far are either vets or noob strong players, there's another connection. Nearly all of them openly sussed kras, or pressed her for reads - with the exception of Dubz, who kras tried to yeet. There's a pattern here. People who read kras as wolfy, or people I think kras would consider a threat to her if she's wolf and they're village, end up dead.

AM sussed her. Cray sussed her. Zenge pressed her. Dubz had her as a neutral/???? read and then didn't make it past N1, but again, Dubz is a very strong player and an existential threat to any wolf if she's village (and vice versa).

We've been operating on the assumption that noob wolves are just policy-killing vets, but I think we need to really consider that someone with a lot more experience has been taking out the strongest players first, knowing that a bunch of noobs would be much more likely to misyeet people who are acting super sketchy (like Lainey). There are 2 experienced players left in the game - kras and Dina. I'll talk more at the bottom about why I think kras is more likely than Dina to be wolfing. I want all the quotes I pulled from the killed villagers to be seen first.

I'm actively avoiding kras to see if she holds true to her word about playing to a pro-village meta if allowed the first few moves.

Got it narrowed down to Ace, sloth, April, alley, Lou, MsP, please, kras. Honestly doubting on Ace, but will run through him on my read through again. Then I'll give you my final POE.

genny/kras interactions & mentions
This is the ISO that was reposted above by Dina.

Actually, kras's sitting on dubz when she clearly stated she thought April was a misyeet early on is... yeah.

We'll see how tight my final POE is though to judge if I actually have to take her head-on again.
Kras - sketch af. But am I giving AM's read too much weight?

Also, tempted to vote Kras for pressure.

The only original point Kras made was a supposed setup by me/genny/dubz based on us sussing each other while on Visc.

What she gave April wolf points for feels bogus.

Kras feels lined up against Dubz here, and I can totally see Kras knowing that the only hope and prayer should would have to make it to endgame with genny gone, is with Dubz and AM dead.

When I wolf I never let any possible NK plans stop me from openly sussing someone on thread. I could explain, but I like the WIFOM to be there, and I always hope to get lucky that village will off them for me. So this could be a wolf Kras thing.
I think this is a really significant point.
God reading this it's hard not to conclude Kras was working with genny.
And this.
I'm willing to backburner Lou for now based on this. Becoming very sus of Dina, Kras, Please, I think if they are wolves it will be more damaging and if we're wrong hopefully we have a chance to see what's up with Ace or MsP.

That's a good point I considered. But I'm not really sure my pick will make much difference to village. I'm feeling pretty defeated by the lowposters/low analysis people right now.

My sus list hasn't changed much. Lainey, Ace, Kras, Alley, Please, Dina. Not too long a list if 3 wolves left, so decent POE. Problem is several of them it's possible just bad not wolfy play which is hard to tell apart.
@kraskadva You’ve been awfully quiet. I’d like to get your current reads on Cray, Sloth, April, Dina, Shorty, and Alley.
Now, there aren't a ton of interactions from Zenge. However, kras wolfed in the first game that Zenge played, and we all saw the kind of effort he made on the last day - including naming the entire pack. He's a strong player and definitely someone who would be a threat to a wolf.

Why do I think kras over Dina?
Look at their contributions to the thread. Dina has been wolfhunting and very active. Kras has been busy, and being busy is NAI, but when she does contribute, it's vague AF. When she's called out on that, like when I asked her for reads earlier and she vaguebooked an answer at me, she just doubles down on being even more vague. Now we're in a situation where it might be MYLO tomorrow, depending on the number of wolves left, and STILL there's no guarantee of any active wolfhunting from her tomorrow, just that she'll "be around."

BOTH of them have VCAs that don't look good. kras voted for Dubz, Sloth, MsP, and Ace tonight but it was clear that he wasn't getting yeeted tonight. Dina voted for April, Ace, MsP, and Lainey. This is why I think it's really important to consider thread contributions in addition to VCA - because VCA doesn't tell you the full story. One of these experienced players made a sketchy vote in the beginning and has been actively wolfhunting since then. One of them has made multiple sketchy votes, hasn't contributed really anything meaningful in the search for wolves (but heavy use of ellipses, I'll give her that), has thrown shade at the people who HAVE been wolfhunting (again, without actually contributing anything of her own), and has the knowledge and experience to know how to manipulate the situation to her benefit.

I think we've given kras a pass for her sketchy meta and because she randed wolf in the last game, but when you go back and look at the evidence, I'm really struck by what I'm seeing. I think if we want to pull out a village win, she needs to go tomorrow.

We've gotten distracted each day by villagers who are playing in a really anti-village way (which is NOT cool) but I just can't get past the fact that people who sus kras die.

Last edited:
  • Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
So, I thought about this a lot tonight, and other than the fact that the people who have been NKed thus far are either vets or noob strong players, there's another connection. Nearly all of them openly sussed kras, or pressed her for reads - with the exception of Dubz, who kras tried to yeet. There's a pattern here. People who read kras as wolfy, or people I think kras would consider a threat to her if she's wolf and they're village, end up dead.

AM sussed her. Cray sussed her. Zenge pressed her. Dubz had her as a neutral/???? read and then didn't make it past N1, but again, Dubz is a very strong player and an existential threat to any wolf if she's village (and vice versa).

We've been operating on the assumption that noob wolves are just policy-killing vets, but I think we need to really consider that someone with a lot more experience has been taking out the strongest players first, knowing that a bunch of noobs would be much more likely to misyeet people who are acting super sketchy (like Lainey). There are 2 experienced players left in the game - kras and Dina. I'll talk more at the bottom about why I think kras is more likely than Dina to be wolfing. I want all the quotes I pulled from the killed villagers to be seen first.

This is the ISO that was reposted above by Dina.
I think this is a really significant point.

And this.
Now, there aren't a ton of interactions from Zenge. However, kras wolfed in the first game that Zenge played, and we all saw the kind of effort he made on the last day - including naming the entire pack. He's a strong player and definitely someone who would be a threat to a wolf.

Why do I think kras over Dina?
Look at their contributions to the thread. Dina has been wolfhunting and very active. Kras has been busy, and being busy is NAI, but when she does contribute, it's vague AF. When she's called out on that, like when I asked her for reads earlier and she vaguebooked an answer at me, she just doubles down on being even more vague. Now we're in a situation where it might be MYLO tomorrow, depending on the number of wolves left, and STILL there's no guarantee of any active wolfhunting from her tomorrow, just that she'll "be around."

BOTH of them have VCAs that don't look good. kras voted for Dubz, Sloth, MsP, and Ace tonight but it was clear that he wasn't getting yeeted tonight. Dina voted for April, Ace, MsP, and Lainey. This is why I think it's really important to consider thread contributions in addition to VCA - because VCA doesn't tell you the full story. One of these experienced players made a sketchy vote in the beginning and has been actively wolfhunting since then. One of them has made multiple sketchy votes, hasn't contributed really anything meaningful in the search for wolves (but heavy use of ellipses, I'll give her that), has thrown shade at the people who HAVE been wolfhunting (again, without actually contributing anything of her own), and has the knowledge and experience to know how to manipulate the situation to her benefit.

I think we've given kras a pass for her sketchy meta and because she randed wolf in the last game, but when you go back and look at the evidence, I'm really struck by what I'm seeing. I think if we want to pull out a village win, she needs to go tomorrow.

We've gotten distracted each day by villagers who are playing in a really anti-village way (which is NOT cool) but I just can't get past the fact that people who sus kras die.
IDK that this is the smoking gun you think it is, because literally everybody susses me.
And the NK'd folks sussed a lot of people besides me. This logic could apply to you or Dina just as easily

• Hmm
This is a pretty weak defense.
Wasn't meant to be a defense. Just pointing out that your logic about is shaky, and it sounds to me like a wolf trying to push a misyeet after I put you in my POE.

I have been busy and haven't been contributing as much as I should, fo sho, but that's NAI.

• Haha
  • Hmm