Thoughts on Touro College New York???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John T

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I received an interview invite from Touro College Pharmacy in New York. I did some research on the school and noticed that they are currently accredited but on probation. I also see that this is their 2nd time on probation. Their tuition is higher than California's schools. What do you guys think about this school?

Members don't see this ad.

They are on probation for a reason. I am in my P1 year and I know someone that is coming from Touro University, see I do not know why this student left the program but he told me it is very corrupted(the faculty especially). I would avoid this school and try to get into a different school that is more affordable.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh wow good to know. Definitely going to decline the interview offer. I heard that this is their 2nd time being on probation. Thanks for the 411

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What day was your interview?
It was supposed to be this upcoming week. But I had declined their interview invite two weeks due to their history of probationary status and issues.

It was supposed to be this upcoming week. But I had declined their interview invite two weeks due to their history of probationary status and issues.
January 24? Also what were your stats if you don't mind.

Jan 23rd. My stats arent that great. My GPA is under a 3.0 but I have a couple of years of biotech experience and academic research. I did a good amount of volunteering at the hospital as well. I completed my pre-requisites and was approximately maybe a 3.0.

Jan 23rd. My stats arent that great. My GPA is under a 3.0 but I have a couple of years of biotech experience and academic research. I did a good amount of volunteering at the hospital as well. I completed my pre-requisites and was approximately maybe a 3.0.
What is your PCAT?

As of now, I applied to schools that don't require the PCAT. Touro NY was one of them

Where else did you apply and interview??

They are on probation for a reason. I am in my P1 year and I know someone that is coming from Touro University, see I do not know why this student left the program but he told me it is very corrupted(the faculty especially). I would avoid this school and try to get into a different school that is more affordable.

Hi!

I just got accepted into the Touro College OT program. I wasn’t too sure if I should attend since hearing about the Pharmacy program. Was there anything specifically bad about this program? What should I do?

Hi!

I just got accepted into the Touro College OT program. I wasn’t too sure if I should attend since hearing about the Pharmacy program. Was there anything specifically bad about this program? What should I do?

I never attended Touro, but the pharmacy program is on probation which is very bad. And the student told me their curriculum was messed up, he stayed for a year before coming to FDU which isn't better( I will not recommend anyone attend FDU nor Touro). I don't know about the OT program to tell you Touro is not a good school. Look at the finances and decide from there.