Quantcast

Thoughts on Touro College New York???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John T

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello everyone,
I received an interview invite from Touro College Pharmacy in New York. I did some research on the school and noticed that they are currently accredited but on probation. I also see that this is their 2nd time on probation. Their tuition is higher than California's schools. What do you guys think about this school?

BidMyLife01

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
They are on probation for a reason. I am in my P1 year and I know someone that is coming from Touro University, see I do not know why this student left the program but he told me it is very corrupted(the faculty especially). I would avoid this school and try to get into a different school that is more affordable.

Reactions: 1 users

John T

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Oh wow good to know. Definitely going to decline the interview offer. I heard that this is their 2nd time being on probation. Thanks for the 411

Reactions: 1 user

John T

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What day was your interview?
It was supposed to be this upcoming week. But I had declined their interview invite two weeks due to their history of probationary status and issues.

HealthyLifestyle34

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
It was supposed to be this upcoming week. But I had declined their interview invite two weeks due to their history of probationary status and issues.
January 24? Also what were your stats if you don't mind.

John T

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jan 23rd. My stats arent that great. My GPA is under a 3.0 but I have a couple of years of biotech experience and academic research. I did a good amount of volunteering at the hospital as well. I completed my pre-requisites and was approximately maybe a 3.0.

HealthyLifestyle34

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Jan 23rd. My stats arent that great. My GPA is under a 3.0 but I have a couple of years of biotech experience and academic research. I did a good amount of volunteering at the hospital as well. I completed my pre-requisites and was approximately maybe a 3.0.
What is your PCAT?

John T

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
As of now, I applied to schools that don't require the PCAT. Touro NY was one of them

Swe3tiixd

Reaction score
They are on probation for a reason. I am in my P1 year and I know someone that is coming from Touro University, see I do not know why this student left the program but he told me it is very corrupted(the faculty especially). I would avoid this school and try to get into a different school that is more affordable.

Hi!

I just got accepted into the Touro College OT program. I wasn’t too sure if I should attend since hearing about the Pharmacy program. Was there anything specifically bad about this program? What should I do?

BidMyLife01

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I just got accepted into the Touro College OT program. I wasn’t too sure if I should attend since hearing about the Pharmacy program. Was there anything specifically bad about this program? What should I do?

I never attended Touro, but the pharmacy program is on probation which is very bad. And the student told me their curriculum was messed up, he stayed for a year before coming to FDU which isn't better( I will not recommend anyone attend FDU nor Touro). I don't know about the OT program to tell you Touro is not a good school. Look at the finances and decide from there.