You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Time To Get a WWatch - Game Thread
Started by Zenge142
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think we should eliminate Clem.
I have also considered genny and SportPonies, but I don't know either of them at all and it'd be close to null guessing. I actually harbor suspicion of Clem.
I am no longer thrilled with an elimination of either Truenamer or Nate.
I have also considered genny and SportPonies, but I don't know either of them at all and it'd be close to null guessing. I actually harbor suspicion of Clem.
I am no longer thrilled with an elimination of either Truenamer or Nate.
Empire
Full Member
i guess i can admit hee that you're absolutely correct about my experience level (two time don corleone on mafiascum), but i'm still town this gameI actually like Empire's commentary in that post. The interaction between Empire and Nate feels w/v but I'm not certain which is which. Empire has had some better sounding posts recently but I'm keeping in mind that a lot of wolves (especially experienced players) come onto the thread and tumble a few times early D1 then get into a groove once there's more content to work with and villager sus to choose from. So, I'm not planning on moving him out of my sus zone any time soon. My gut is telling me that Empire is an experienced wolf and Nate is just awkwardly stumbling along as a villager, but this is not my final take and I'm open to input. Definitely not feeling w/w between them. V/v isn't impossible but I'd like to imagine there's one w between the two with how they both make me go![]()
the phenomenon you're describing is a true one, of experienced players sometime stumbling out the game, but my perspective is kind of...i tend to be more reserved with my takes early on day 1 as town and open up as the day goes on an more data is available.
i'm not going to say you shouldn't be paranoid of me necessarily but i think for reading me or anyone else you have to not think "this person could be playing a good sum game" as much as you have to...look at whether their actions make sense as scum. and i think my approach so far this game is not really one i'd use as scum - a town i generally try to clear people i see as likely misyeets where as scum i'm more liable to just let them die. i think you gotta view my actions through that lens. even right now with nate i'm trying to solve him and get him to elaborate on his perspective rather than straight burying him
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Right, I got that bit. I was just trying to figure out if this is more of that annoyance or if there's something I should know about True's personal stance. It's not OGI since the game is long over.Well, I essentially voiced annoyance with having an extremely limited number of people to push because so many of the current regular players had cleared themselves voting for Cray. We talked about that a bit.
So the chat was wolfchat in last game, which I was in. True and Sporty were in it too because they were mods.
*However* the more we talk about it the more I think it verges on OGI and since True himself said it doesn't mean he's going to start bussing probably best to drop it.
Empire
Full Member
I made a post on it, I believe?@Empire Can you elaborate on why you think Clem is +wolf so far?
It's VERY hard to explain without getting into the nuances of Clem-specific meta
just that when he's a villager you see glimpses of real insight behind the devil may care ****posting facade and it han't been present here
and i kind of...if he thought jay was really powerwolfing this game i would think he'd be a little less aloof about it?
Does he normally get a dgaf attutidue when wolfing? I don't remember much from Nanook's games.I think we should eliminate Clem.
I have also considered genny and SportPonies, but I don't know either of them at all and it'd be close to null guessing. I actually harbor suspicion of Clem.
I am no longer thrilled with an elimination of either Truenamer or Nate.
He definitely did in his qualifier game where he was a wolf, but he was also much more engaged than here. I don't have any in-game experience with him though.Does he normally get a dgaf attutidue when wolfing? I don't remember much from Nanook's games.
Empire
Full Member
using champs as a meta baseline for clem/nanook is not gonna work for either alignment lolHe definitely did in his qualifier game where he was a wolf, but he was also much more engaged than here. I don't have any in-game experience with him though.
Yeah I'll go there for now. Puts me in the lead at this point. As I said earlier I'll likely miss the last hour of the day, so I'll self-pres at that point if I need to.
##Unyeet True##
##Yeet Clem##
##Unyeet True##
##Yeet Clem##
Outside the champs environment (he played very pro-town as mafia there, but that's a different context and he had different goals), not seeming to care is a Nanook tell more than an alignment tell in my experience. He isn't one to project a great deal of care into any game, even when he actually cares.Does he normally get a dgaf attutidue when wolfing? I don't remember much from Nanook's games.
Well yeah, he also postcapped in <24 hrs and hammered early several times, so I don't think that really maps onto anything 😀using champs as a meta baseline for clem/nanook is not gonna work for either alignment lol
This is now officially a case against Clem.The following shouldn't be construed as a "case" against Clem. Rather, it's a long way of asking "wtf?"
4:11 PM EDT
4:12 PM EDT
4:13 PM EDT
These are some of Clem's first posts (the first arriving at 4:11). Within a minute, he voted for me. A minute later, he asked for a way to ISO. Clearly, Clem, you did not ISO me (you didn't know how). That'd have to imply then that your read came by reading the game thread in proper sequence.
The only other read you have provided in this game (that I can easily locate) was this one:
5:50 PM EDT
This was, I believe, a reference to this post by Truenamer:
4:16 PM EDT
This post came immediately after you arrived in the game. So I have two readily apparent reads: Jay is mafia, and Truenamer is town. The latter read is an extremely "vibe" thing that comes from a post that came into existence as you were joining the thread (indeed, it was about you).
This is all to say that I have no actual evidence in front of me that you have read anything prior to your arrival -- none of the game, none of my posts, none of anything. And if that's the case, it's essentially impossible for your read to be real. So what are you doing.
There are a few slots that are still very under the radar..
Code:
Nate 3 (AM, Santy, Empire)
Truey 2 (Samac, Sporty)
Clem 2 (JJJ, Nate)
JJJ 1 (Clem)
Empire 1 (April)
Samac 1 (PSV)
Sporty 1 (Genny)
(I'm kind of the modbot vote counter for games on my site, so it's kind of a reflex)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Empire
Full Member
Aprilthearab
Santygrass
samac
JaggedJimmyJay
Truenamer
Animal Midwife
SportPonies
genny
potentialsheltervet
Clem J
NateTheLesser
this is the list i've had sitting in notepad for a while
i very nearly moved truenamer down a tier out of peer pressure but i'm holding to my stance and recent posts have made me feel okay continuing my village read there
my stance on jay has moved toward "cautious trust" as the game has progressed - i wasn't townreading him initially not out of any great fear of his wolf game etc etc but simply because his posts weren't really clicking for me on the level of having thoughts i could villa read. but the game has gone on and the approach has not struck me as nefarious and he's not trying o maintain a status quo that is likely incorrect
the one thing i thought was somewhat villagery from genny was not wanting to yeet in the pool of newcomers simply because it seemed to be cutting off too many potential options as a wolf. beyond that i don't have much
psv read is mostly petty omgus on the scumread of me even if she's moved away from it, because i feel like it's probably not all villas that decide to vote me on day 1
Santygrass
samac
JaggedJimmyJay
Truenamer
Animal Midwife
SportPonies
genny
potentialsheltervet
Clem J
NateTheLesser
this is the list i've had sitting in notepad for a while
i very nearly moved truenamer down a tier out of peer pressure but i'm holding to my stance and recent posts have made me feel okay continuing my village read there
my stance on jay has moved toward "cautious trust" as the game has progressed - i wasn't townreading him initially not out of any great fear of his wolf game etc etc but simply because his posts weren't really clicking for me on the level of having thoughts i could villa read. but the game has gone on and the approach has not struck me as nefarious and he's not trying o maintain a status quo that is likely incorrect
the one thing i thought was somewhat villagery from genny was not wanting to yeet in the pool of newcomers simply because it seemed to be cutting off too many potential options as a wolf. beyond that i don't have much
psv read is mostly petty omgus on the scumread of me even if she's moved away from it, because i feel like it's probably not all villas that decide to vote me on day 1
Empire
Full Member
name names?There are a few slots that are still very under the radar..
I'd love to give you credit for your insight into your own gameplay, but alasi guess i can admit hee that you're absolutely correct about my experience level (two time don corleone on mafiascum), but i'm still town this game
the phenomenon you're describing is a true one, of experienced players sometime stumbling out the game, but my perspective is kind of...i tend to be more reserved with my takes early on day 1 as town and open up as the day goes on an more data is available.
i'm not going to say you shouldn't be paranoid of me necessarily but i think for reading me or anyone else you have to not think "this person could be playing a good sum game" as much as you have to...look at whether their actions make sense as scum. and i think my approach so far this game is not really one i'd use as scum - a town i generally try to clear people i see as likely misyeets where as scum i'm more liable to just let them die. i think you gotta view my actions through that lens. even right now with nate i'm trying to solve him and get him to elaborate on his perspective rather than straight burying him
I think it’s weird for a good player to say “I suppose it’s not helpful to hold my vote too long” when he knows the general consensus of that topic in hereI see you have similar weird feelings about that post
Thank you for reminding me, because I was mulling true over in the drive home
Alright. I'll think about it.This is now officially a case against Clem.
Sporty and Genny. They've both been off on their own wagons for most of the time. Sporty switched to True more recently but it seemed like it was just a reaction to him calling her a wolf in Jay's GTH game (don't think she's really been back since then).name names?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh?i don’t know that I consider it that, it was just chit chat. But a mod can smite me if it’s considered such 😅
But no I wouldn't smite you for that any more than I would smite people for referring to like, any other game strategy thing that might have been discussed in wolf chat in a previous game.
True thoughts plz when you have a moment.I think it’s weird for a good player to say “I suppose it’s not helpful to hold my vote too long” when he knows the general consensus of that topic in here
Thank you for reminding me, because I was mulling true over in the drive home
I've just accepted that I'm not gonna be able to catch up on seven pages before vote close so imma do some homework. Tag me if you need me, I'll still be around, just not actively engaging
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
Can't tell you times I've run into this problem while compiling stuff for WWIf it's unclear, "TN" is Truenamer. Excel is annoying when I try to write "True" because it becomes a logical value or something.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I have no filter and it's very common and normal for me to over explain my thinking because I'm trying to be as transparent as possibleTrue thoughts plz when you have a moment.
Totally normal for both of them to be busy IRL and vote independently, they're not flying under the radar for their village meta imoSporty and Genny. They've both been off on their own wagons for most of the time. Sporty switched to True more recently but it seemed like it was just a reaction to him calling her a wolf in Jay's GTH game (don't think she's really been back since then).
Why?I think we should eliminate Clem.
I have also considered genny and SportPonies, but I don't know either of them at all and it'd be close to null guessing. I actually harbor suspicion of Clem.
I am no longer thrilled with an elimination of either Truenamer or Nate.
This may sway me, but like, was him really aloof for the amount of content/post they made into the game?I made a post on it, I believe?
It's VERY hard to explain without getting into the nuances of Clem-specific meta
just that when he's a villager you see glimpses of real insight behind the devil may care ****posting facade and it han't been present here
and i kind of...if he thought jay was really powerwolfing this game i would think he'd be a little less aloof about it?
Standing emoji
I will not take your word for it. Sorry.i think my approach so far this game is not really one i'd use as scum - a town i generally try to clear people i see as likely misyeets where as scum i'm more liable to just let them die. i think you gotta view my actions through that lens. even right now with nate i'm trying to solve him and get him to elaborate on his perspective rather than straight burying him
Not if he doesn't think so. I might be misattributing things in my head. I also don't know when in time and space that convo occurred so I may have been a little out of it, who knows.if there's something I should know about True's personal stance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
April, I am incredibly appreciative of the effort you have given on this Day 1. I know you're doing your best with us goofball newbies spamming the game out of normal boundaries (or, just me).I've just accepted that I'm not gonna be able to catch up on seven pages before vote close so imma do some homework. Tag me if you need me, I'll still be around, just not actively engaging
I'm a little tickled by Sporty and genny being a "huh???" for the new people because they're generally the same for everyone here. 

Also dont really feel that this is wolf indicative for Clem here tbfhThe following shouldn't be construed as a "case" against Clem. Rather, it's a long way of asking "wtf?"
4:11 PM EDT
4:12 PM EDT
4:13 PM EDT
These are some of Clem's first posts (the first arriving at 4:11). Within a minute, he voted for me. A minute later, he asked for a way to ISO. Clearly, Clem, you did not ISO me (you didn't know how). That'd have to imply then that your read came by reading the game thread in proper sequence.
The only other read you have provided in this game (that I can easily locate) was this one:
5:50 PM EDT
This was, I believe, a reference to this post by Truenamer:
4:16 PM EDT
This post came immediately after you arrived in the game. So I have two readily apparent reads: Jay is mafia, and Truenamer is town. The latter read is an extremely "vibe" thing that comes from a post that came into existence as you were joining the thread (indeed, it was about you).
This is all to say that I have no actual evidence in front of me that you have read anything prior to your arrival -- none of the game, none of my posts, none of anything. And if that's the case, it's essentially impossible for your read to be real. So what are you doing.
They both just feel wrong to me right now. Even within a few minutes of calling Nate mafia GTH, I wanted to change it. Now that he is here and able to contribute, he looks more or less like NateTheLesser is supposed to look.Why?
I'm not completely 100% confident and don't want to be interpreted as such, but I don't think the vibes are good for those prospective chops (True or Nate).
Nah I was mulling him over since the post that April quoted recently here.Sporty and Genny. They've both been off on their own wagons for most of the time. Sporty switched to True more recently but it seemed like it was just a reaction to him calling her a wolf in Jay's GTH game (don't think she's really been back since then).
As for my True thoughts, I’m just torn and I need to read and ISO his past games.
I switched my vote to him in the middle of frustration at work and I’m trying to decide if it’s the work talking or not
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
I think what you are probably remembering, and I will need to go back and check exactly what was discussed, but I conceded that I agree that having more and more people fall into an ultra strict stance on never bussing removes some of the guesswork from the game and probably skews things toward village.I will not take your word for it. Sorry.
Not if he doesn't think so. I might be misattributing things in my head. I also don't know when in time and space that convo occurred so I may have been a little out of it, who knows.
I don't think I'm going to change how I play, though. The idea of voting for a packmate just sits terribly with me for personal reasons, and I am always going to want to try and chase a perfect sweep. Can't get a perfect sweep if I kick my allies and companions under a bus for cheap points.
Just fyi it is totally normal for SDN WW games to be this active and out of hand 😂 I've been over 50 pages behind in 20+ player games beforeApril, I am incredibly appreciative of the effort you have given on this Day 1. I know you're doing your best with us goofball newbies spamming the game out of normal boundaries (or, just me).
Oh **** I was out having a good time and kind of forgot there was a game going on
Heeeeeeeey I’m back
Heeeeeeeey I’m back
What's he doing if he is reading me as mafia without reading the game?Also dont really feel that this is wolf indicative for Clem here tbfh
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
This makes me happy because at least on my front, you are going to be validated. Makes me feel a little bit less like I'm having a gigantic skill issueThey both just feel wrong to me right now. Even within a few minutes of calling Nate mafia GTH, I wanted to change it. Now that he is here and able to contribute, he looks more or less like NateTheLesser is supposed to look.
I'm not completely 100% confident and don't want to be interpreted as such, but I don't think the vibes are good for those prospective chops (True or Nate).
Stop WWing from the dog parkThis makes me happy because at least on my front, you are going to be validated. Makes me feel a little bit less like I'm having a gigantic skill issue
How long do we have til close? 2 hours?
K time to pbpa
K time to pbpa
Wait did I make a tie? 
If anything I feel like I'd need to ISO Sporty and Genny to move a vote if Nate/True feels wrong.
Idt there is a case that makes W!Clem more likely other than PoE . And maybe there is for Sporty/genny .
And like, during the day there def was for Nate/True wowee
Idt there is a case that makes W!Clem more likely other than PoE . And maybe there is for Sporty/genny .
And like, during the day there def was for Nate/True wowee
I was asking Sporty for her thoughts on you since she said she was mulling.I have no filter and it's very common and normal for me to over explain my thinking because I'm trying to be as transparent as possible
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks.Totally normal for both of them to be busy IRL and vote independently, they're not flying under the radar for their village meta imo
What is your feeling?if Nate/True feels wrong.
Truenamer
Toothy, Furry Villager
But why? She was barely keeping up with /reading the thread, and had missed my reasoning leading up to that.I continue to vibe with Sporty
Rn wavering on True. Not so much on Nate, so keeping my vote there .
Empire
Full Member
who are the wolves, santy?Also dont really feel that this is wolf indicative for Clem here tbfh
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 96K