Sorry, answered once in a big post, will try and do better here.
I was the first vote on you because when I did a broader analysis of my reads list, the only people at the bottom were new folks. Clem, then Nate, then Empire.
I was never village reading you as much as the general consensus, and there's also been a general feeling today that it's very hard figuring out who fits as a pack. To me, that feels like a wolf is sitting in the consensus town reads. JJJ was vouching for Clem, Empire won me over over the course of the day (enough, at least), and there was already a healthy wagon on Nate. It didn't feel useful to be vote five or six or whatever on him.
So I put the first vote on you to try and generate some more discussion and stir the pot a bit. It was never a lock-on read or anything. And I just haven't found a better person to move to yet.