Timeline of things to do after acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pprbckwrtr

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have had 1 interview so far, and been accepted to the same school. Was wondering when I should submit the acceptance letter by (I was told April 30th, but makes me nervous that my spot will disappear if I wait that long D: neuroticism creeping up). I haven't done my FAFSA yet, but would I need to submit the acceptance letter, then do the FAFSA or doesn't matter? When do financial aid packages arrive? Do you need to have submitted your acceptance letter or do you receive the package regardless?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

usually you have like two weeks to reserve your spot. Definitely don't wait until april 30th. That is the day you can only hold ONE acceptance i.e. making your final decision. You should've received an email or a portal update prompting you to accept the offer. I would definitely look into that if you haven't already and get it in ASAP.

Doesn't matter what order you do FAFSA. You definitely want to get that done as soon as you can though too. Financial aid packages probably won't start going out until 2018 so you want it submitted by then if you can. If you think you are going to get other IIs and acceptances I would send the FAFSA to those schools as well. You can send it to 10. You absolutely need to accept the offer from the school or your spot is gone and you aren't going to get an aid package.

Reactions: 1 user
usually you have like two weeks to reserve your spot. Definitely don't wait until april 30th. That is the day you can only hold ONE acceptance i.e. making your final decision. You should've received an email or a portal update prompting you to accept the offer. I would definitely look into that if you haven't already and get it in ASAP.

Doesn't matter what order you do FAFSA. You definitely want to get that done as soon as you can though too. Financial aid packages probably won't start going out until 2018 so you want it submitted by then if you can. If you think you are going to get other IIs and acceptances I would send the FAFSA to those schools as well. You can send it to 10. You absolutely need to accept the offer from the school or your spot is gone and you aren't going to get an aid package.
Thank you so much! I hurriedly accepted it just now! Can't believe I was just sitting idle like this. Thank you for all the info. Super helpful :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Most schools require a Hep B titer, so you could get started on that. The first titer comes back negative for a lot of people and it takes like 9 months to repeat the full series.

Reactions: 1 user
Most schools require a Hep B titer, so you could get started on that. The first titer comes back negative for a lot of people and it takes like 9 months to repeat the full series.
Definitely true but I wouldn't recommend trying to do top many of the health requirements because so many schools have specific requirements... I had to repeat a couple of things that I had done too early before getting specific school requirements in June (like my school wanted a very specific type of TB test that was different than what most want).

But a quantitative hep B titer should be safe regardless of what school (just make sure they give the actual number not just whether you have immunity).

Reactions: 1 users