You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****tmdsas 2013****
Started by capitan2011
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
You were right about calling them as the better option, and I did. Turns out it could actually make a difference since the school prefers to be notified via email of any changes as far as classes go, including future coursework. I figured they may not see my grade in the end, but they may still want me to be exposed to the class; thereforrre, I chose to take the course rather than risk anything. Hope it's worth it!
Got invited for an interview at Houston just now! I expect others will be receiving emails shortly!
Congrats! I just recieved an interview invite to Houston as well!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I just recieved an interview invite to Houston as well!
Could you all please share your stats? GPA/DAT?
Congrats! I just recieved an interview invite to Houston as well!
Thanks and congrats to you as well!
Could you all please share your stats? GPA/DAT?
3.8 gpa 3.7 science gpa 21/21/20 AA/TS/PAT nothing under 20
Submitted app in may. Complete app in mid July. Let me know if you need to know anything else and good luck!
Could you all please share your stats? GPA/DAT?
GPA (Sci/Non-sci) : 3.39 / 3.36
DAT (AA/TS/PAT) : 23 / 24 / 24
.
Last edited:
.
Last edited:
TMDSAS transmitted app to Texas schools on May 29. Houston sent me an "app received" e-mail on July 23
Thanks, Capitan! Basically, you waited more than a month to hear back from Houston. If I remember correctly, you also got interviewed at Baylor and UTSA. How long did they send you an invite after they "confirmed" receiving your application? Thanks again.
San Antonio sent me an "app received" e-mail on July 13 and I received an interview invite that same day.
Baylor sent me an "app received" e-mail in early June (~6th ish or so). I received an interview invite from Baylor on July 16. I will be interviewing at Baylor this Friday.
Baylor sent me an "app received" e-mail in early June (~6th ish or so). I received an interview invite from Baylor on July 16. I will be interviewing at Baylor this Friday.
Best of luck at Baylor this Friday!
Thanks! Starting to get that anxious feeling.
Just drove back into town from my Baylor interview! Overall a great experience and a nice facility 🙂
I don't have the top stats but I am being brave and hoping to keep the hope alive with people who have similar stats:
School: Baylor College of Dentistry
Notification date: 08-31-12
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Transmitted to school: 5/21/12
GPA (science, overall) 3.16 sGPA/ 3.38 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (19/19/17/21/none).
And I will also add 😀 😀 😀!!!
School: Baylor College of Dentistry
Notification date: 08-31-12
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Transmitted to school: 5/21/12
GPA (science, overall) 3.16 sGPA/ 3.38 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): (19/19/17/21/none).
And I will also add 😀 😀 😀!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which school would you guys choose if you got accepted to all three programs?
.
Last edited:
Which school would you guys choose if you got accepted to all three programs?
They are all three really good schools and I'm trying not to let location be a deciding factor. I interviewed at Baylor and San Antonio already and each of those schools had their own advantages. San Antonio will be building a brand new flagship clinical facility to open July of 2015. This will be awesome because that woud be about the time we go into our clinical years if accepted. Baylor was nice too. Baylor does have a very large and diverse patient pool which is great. San Antonio and esp. Houston are also located in Texas' biggest cities so I can't imagine that their patient pool is drastically lower than Baylor. Houston apparently just moved into their brand new building. I interview at Houston in a couple of weeks so I'll let y'all know how it goes.
When's ur interview date?
My interview date will be on 09/11. Yours?When's ur interview date?
How many characters did you guys write for the secondary application (Baylor)? I submitted my application on 08/22/12 and so far I got like 3 e-mails reminding me to complete my secondary application.
Hi Maria! I didn't know you were pre-dent! I go to school with you so I recognized you from your photo (I promise I'm not stalking!)
What do you mean how many characters did we write? As far as I know there wasn't an essay/writing portion to the secondary app...
My interview date will be on 09/11. Yours?
Same Day on 9/11!
Haha... You are not alone. Tick tock, tick tock... 

i am DESPERATELY waiting for Texas schools..
Last edited:
Haha... You are not alone. Tick tock, tick tock...![]()
funny how OOS schools show interest in me but not texas.

funny how OOS schools show interest in me but not texas.![]()
I saw that dude, you have 4 interviews with OOS schools. It makes me wonder if there's prejudice on their plate.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw that dude, you have 4 interviews with OOS state schools. It makes me wonder if there's prejudice on their plate.
well UNE, NOVA, and LECOM are private. Don't know much about Minnesota. Their class profile has a good % of OOS.
Cut em' some slack,sigh...COME ON BAYLOR![]()
Tailgatin' is one heck of a drug😀
Cut em' some slack,
Tailgatin' is one heck of a drug😀
So little time and so much to do is my usual complain for everyday routine...but when it comes to texas schools ....second hand on clock moves 1 sec in thousand years....
For those of you who interviewed at Houston already, what did you think? How's the new facility? How many students does Houston accept? Are the simlabs one big open room like at Baylor? I interview there in 1 week! Starting to get anxious/excited once again!
For those of you who interviewed at Houston already, what did you think? How's the new facility? How many students does Houston accept? Are the simlabs one big open room like at Baylor? I interview there in 1 week! Starting to get anxious/excited once again!
The new facility in Houston was incredible! They accept around 100 students and the sim lab is one big open room. I'm sure you will do well. Houston was the most laid back interview process so if you survived the other 2 you will be fine.
That's good to know. Glad it went well!
Congrats!!! Well, I guess schools send interview invites on any day of the week it seems now.
School: San Antonio
Notification Date: 09-06-12
Method: E-mail
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out-date: August 22
Appilcation completion date: August 26
GPA (Science, overall) 3.7, 3.8
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17) : 22/23/18/17/none
You mailed out in August? Seems like San Antonio has finished interviewing all the early batchers 🙁
I was one of them.
.
Last edited:
I don't think it's incomplete status problem ...make sure you received application complete email from all schools .....i got conformation from all three. for pre reqs it does not have to be complete before application...all they need is to make sure you complete them before matriculation....I am still waiting from all three schools..so keep your hopes high...the way I keep my stress level down is ..thinking of it like going into labor ...you know you are full term and it can happen any day 🙂...well may be you are a guy and this won't help you much..
Edit: My bad there was no application complete email...just the received email.
Edit: My bad there was no application complete email...just the received email.
Last edited:
spaceocean:
I don't think so. There are tons of applicants who plan to complete some of their prerequisites until the end of Fall as well as next spring.
Your stats are fantastic so I do not think that will be a problem. Think about it, you just applied last month. I would just give it some time, be patient, and let time do its work. I'm positive you will recieve interviews. 😉
I don't think so. There are tons of applicants who plan to complete some of their prerequisites until the end of Fall as well as next spring.
Your stats are fantastic so I do not think that will be a problem. Think about it, you just applied last month. I would just give it some time, be patient, and let time do its work. I'm positive you will recieve interviews. 😉
Haha, good analogy... 👍 But I don't think I will be able to know! 😉
I don't think it's incomplete status problem ...make sure you received application complete email from all schools .....i got conformation from all three. for pre reqs it does not have to be complete before application...all they need is to make sure you complete them before matriculation....I am still waiting from all three schools..so keep your hopes high...the way I keep my stress level down is ..thinking of it like going into labor ...you know you are full term and it can happen any day 🙂...well may be you are a guy and this won't help you much..
Captain, thanks for the encouraging words! Thanks for sharing some of your thoughts on the schools. Good luck on your Houston interview! 

spaceocean:
I don't think so. There are tons of applicants who plan to complete some of their prerequisites until the end of Fall as well as next spring.
Your stats are fantastic so I do not think that will be a problem. Think about it, you just applied last month. I would just give it some time, be patient, and let time do its work. I'm positive you will recieve interviews. 😉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a receipt confirmation from all 3 schools, but no 'application complete' e-mails (some letters were sent later). Should I be concerned?I don't think it's incomplete status problem ...make sure you received application complete email from all schools .....i got conformation from all three. for pre reqs it does not have to be complete before application...all they need is to make sure you complete them before matriculation....I am still waiting from all three schools..so keep your hopes high...the way I keep my stress level down is ..thinking of it like going into labor ...you know you are full term and it can happen any day 🙂...well may be you are a guy and this won't help you much..
The email I got from Baylor says " If you wish to verify if your other application materials have been received, such as recommendation letters or transcripts, please check the TMDSAS website." ....
Check your TMDSAS status and see if you can locate the dates there.... it should have been forwarded to schools too....if you doubt then call school...doesn't harm to call school to conform.
Edit: The application received email is the only one I got from all three schools.
Check your TMDSAS status and see if you can locate the dates there.... it should have been forwarded to schools too....if you doubt then call school...doesn't harm to call school to conform.
Edit: The application received email is the only one I got from all three schools.
I never received an "application complete" notification. I only receive "app received" notification. Baylor sent me an "App received" even before I had my letters sent in. Houston and San Antonio took a little while longer.
