I have a few questions about Keck that I want to ask before going to the school. I would really appreciate the help!
- What exactly is PPM and ICM? I see that on all the schedules. The website also talks about CTR and EBM. What are those also?
- How is the curriculum?
- How many hours a week do you spend in lectures, small groups, hospitals, studying, lab, etc.?
- What made you choose Keck?
- How do you apply for scholarships and how good is the financial aid? Are spouses and children included in the budget?
- How far do you live from the school? I heard that around USC is kind of dangerous and people told me not to live walking distance from the school? How hard is it to find housing for a reasonable price?
- How much time do you have for extracurriculars and other activities?
- How does the elective/selective part of med school work?
- How much time do you have for friends, family, working out, and fun?
- What do you do for fun?
- Is there a lot of support from faculty and older classes? Is there a mentor system?
- How friendly and helpful are your classmates?
- Will we get free parking?
- How do you go about starting/doing the required scholarly project?
- You might not know this one but how many students match into their first choice residency?
- Are you happy at Keck? Are you often stressed? I know med school is stressful but how bad is it?