touro college of pharmacy New York C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i am currently still waiting as well. does anybody know when they conduct their interviews? at the beginning or ending of each month? also has anyone received an interview for march yet?

when did you apply?

Members don't see this ad.

Can any current Touro pharmacy student give some insights on what's it like to be there? From Google map it seems like the school is just a building situated on a busy street. Is there even a campus? What student life like?

Hey I'm a P1, Its true that the school is in a building, but its NYC and everything is building-situated. There are 5 floors and the top two floors are pharmacy designated, and the bottom floors are for the Osteopathic program. As for student life, the P1 class is very cohesive and we get along well. We help each other out on materials presented. The P2's are also there to help us out. So in all, we have created a healthy environment for studying and interacting with fellow colleagues day by day. Living in NYC is amazing. I came here from the west coast, and I absolutely love it. There are plenty of coffee shops and libraries around to study at. The food culture is amazing. You're going into a great profession, why not do it in a city people dream about living in

As for student life, the P1 class is very cohesive and we get along well. We help each other out on materials presented. The P2's are also there to help us out. So in all, we have created a healthy environment for studying and interacting with fellow colleagues day by day.

That is so wonderful to hear! I went to a school where everyone was SO competitive and no one really spoke to each other or helped each other out unless you were in their "clique." It was so frustrating! So it's really nice to hear this about Touro! I can't wait to start in the fall!!!!! :) :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Btw, has anyone already filled out their FAFSA? I already did mine and got the email that my information was sent to the school but I know it's still really early and I'm not even enrolled in the pharmacy classes yet! :oops:

In addition, does anyone know how registration works? Does the pharmacy school make the schedule for us or do we go and register for our classes on our own? I know it's still very early, but I'm curious and just cannot wait to start! August can't come any faster! :claps:

That is so wonderful to hear! I went to a school where everyone was SO competitive and no one really spoke to each other or helped each other out unless you were in their "clique." It was so frustrating! So it's really nice to hear this about Touro! I can't wait to start in the fall!!!!! :) :)

The school doesn"t work on a rank basis, so no one competes with each other. The Dean really instilled in us that "we start together...we end together"

In addition, does anyone know how registration works? Does the pharmacy school make the schedule for us or do we go and register for our classes on our own? I know it's still very early, but I'm curious and just cannot wait to start! August can't come any faster! :claps:

You will receive an email from the administration sometime in the summer, maybe a month or two before matriculation. You will have a set schedule and you just have to go into the system and enter them in. You will get a plethora of emails concerning it, so theres no way you can miss it. Congrats BTW for all who got accepted

when did you apply?
i e-submitted last month and received the confirmation email that both my supplemental and pharmcas was received last week, any idea how long till i get a response?

i e-submitted last month and received the confirmation email that both my supplemental and pharmcas was received last week, any idea how long till i get a response?

In order to give you an idea of how long it may take for you, I'll tell you how long it took for them to get back to me. I received the confirmation email stating my supp and pharmcas were received and my status was "received/under review" on January 4. Next I received an email entitled "Prerequisite Status" which is a review of your prereq courses on January 9. Then I received the interview invite on January 14. Therefore, it took 10 days to get the interview invite after receiving the confirmation email, so between 1-2 weeks. Good luck!

Anyone else got interviews recently? Thanks

Hey today is admission update....hope everything turn out to be good....

Hey today is admission update....hope everything turn out to be good....

Hi City Boy! I was just curious about your status for Touro. Are you accepted? Just wondering cause I saw your very first post and your stats seem really good. :)

Hi City Boy! I was just curious about your status for Touro. Are you accepted? Just wondering cause I saw your very first post and your stats seem really good. :)

Hey actually I am on waiting list...........but thanks............

Members don't see this ad :)
No probably on Mon.

I wish you the best of luck City Boy, im sure you'll get in! I know people who have been put on hold who got in!

I got an interview next week! I'm sOOO stoked because this school was the first school on my list and i have waited SOO long for an interview after so many acceptances, this is the school i care about MOST! Ahh how was everyone's interview process like? :oops:

Hi, I saw from your profile that you are from San Diego. Do you mind if I asked why didnt you apply for UCSD. Isn't it a good program? Thanks

I wish you the best of luck City Boy, im sure you'll get in! I know people who have been put on hold who got in!

I got an interview next week! I'm sOOO stoked because this school was the first school on my list and i have waited SOO long for an interview after so many acceptances, this is the school i care about MOST! Ahh how was everyone's interview process like? :oops:

Hi, I saw from your profile that you are from San Diego. Do you mind if I asked why didnt you apply for UCSD. Isn't it a good program? Thanks

I received an acceptance email today! :soexcited:

I'm accepting the offer.

Hi there, yes i lived in San Diego my whole life, and yes UCSD Skaggs school of pharm is one of the top pharmacy schools in California, but it is not the right school for me. UCSD is in a very beautiful (rich) area, it's cheap, and its close to the water, but it is very close to where i grew up, and I would prefer to move away for graduate school, which is what i did for my undergrad as well. I know a couple of friends who attend UCSD Skaggs and from what i hear its extremely competitive, and i a not a super competitive student. I applied to schools mainly in the east coast, and only one in northern CA.

Congrats!!!! that is sooo exciting! How long did it take for them to get back to you after your interview date?

Thank you!

I interviewed on 11/28 (Which was my postponement date due to the hurricane. Originally 11/1), and was placed in the reserve pool since then.

However, I DID submit some paperwork during the academic update period with Pharmcas in mid-Janurary. So I think that updated my file with Adcom for the following month's decision.

Last edited:
Please can you share your view on the interview, I have mine tommrrow and I have not even prepared well enough. What questions where asked and all the good stuff you can input in it.

Thanks

look at attached document for some info

Attachments

• APT AD.docx
    71.1 KB · Views: 127
Please can you share your view on the interview, I have mine tommrrow and I have not even prepared well enough. What questions where asked and all the good stuff you can input in it.

Thanks

Definitely know what Public Health and Health disparities are, and what it means to you. Why pharmacy? They also ask a series of questions not pertaining to pharmacy or their program; the answers you respond with will vary based on your life experiences. There's three interviewers, you meet with them for 10 minutes each. There will also be a group discussion-- they will give you a topic and you will discuss it among your group, then you will head into the computer lab to type up your answers. (For my group, the topic was not related to pharmacy).

On a side note-- I get very nervous during interviews, and what helped me get through this interview with ease was by thinking that I was just having a regular conversation about pharmacy with my friends. And that's what it felt like during the process.

I hope this helps and good luck on your interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks so much, I am heading to NY now, still @ NC waiting for flight.Thanks for the information, Will over prepare tonight. I hope i get accepted tho.I applied to only two schools. I dont have the financial power to apply wide

Thank you!

I interviewed on 11/28 (Which was my postponement date due to the hurricane. Originally 11/1), and was placed in the reserve pool since then.

However, I DID submit some paperwork during the academic update period with Pharmcas in mid-Janurary. So I think that updated my file with Adcom for the following month's decision.

What was your GPA

What was your GPA

cGPA: 3.02
sGPA: 2.97
Non-Sci GPA: 3.24

-----------

My other stats:
4 LORs: One from a Pharmacist
2 years pharmacy experience- Retail

Last edited:
Definitely know what Public Health and Health disparities are, and what it means to you. Why pharmacy? They also ask a series of questions not pertaining to pharmacy or their program; the answers you respond with will vary based on your life experiences. There's three interviewers, you meet with them for 10 minutes each. There will also be a group discussion-- they will give you a topic and you will discuss it among your group, then you will head into the computer lab to type up your answers. (For my group, the topic was not related to pharmacy).

On a side note-- I get very nervous during interviews, and what helped me get through this interview with ease was by thinking that I was just having a regular conversation about pharmacy with my friends. And that's what it felt like during the process.

I hope this helps and good luck on your interview!

Thank you Pinklalin, this helped me a lot!

Hey guys, hope all is well.
I know I'm late- just heard about this forum. Anyhow, I applied a little late (late Feb) just before the March deadline. Got an email today that the school got my Pharmcas application. Just wondering for those who went through the whole process how long will I have to wait before I get an invite for an interview?
Also my stats are as follows:
Overall GPA: 3.13
Science GPA: 3.01
Math GPA: 3.22
Gave 3 recommendation letters, one was from a pharmacist, Orgo professor (Dean of Chem department) and from a health care profesional (nurse).
Worked 2 years in a retail pharmacy store as a tech.
Anyone in a similar situation as me? What are my chances of getting in?

Hey guys, hope all is well.
I know I'm late- just heard about this forum. Anyhow, I applied a little late (late Feb) just before the March deadline. Got an email today that the school got my Pharmcas application. Just wondering for those who went through the whole process how long will I have to wait before I get an invite for an interview?
Also my stats are as follows:
Overall GPA: 3.13
Science GPA: 3.01
Math GPA: 3.22
Gave 3 recommendation letters, one was from a pharmacist, Orgo professor (Dean of Chem department) and from a health care profesional (nurse).
Worked 2 years in a retail pharmacy store as a tech.
Anyone in a similar situation as me? What are my chances of getting in?

In order to give you an idea of how long it may take for you, I'll tell you how long it took for them to get back to me. I received the confirmation email stating my supp and pharmcas were received and my status was "received/under review" on January 4. Next I received an email entitled "Prerequisite Status" which is a review of your prereq courses on January 9. Then I received the interview invite on January 14. Therefore, it took 10 days to get the interview invite after receiving the confirmation email, so between 1-2 weeks. I received acceptance on Jan 31. Good luck!

I already answered that for someone else. :)
Your stats are very decent. I was accepted and these are my stats, for your comparison: cumulative GPA 3.53, science GPA 3.03, math GPA 3.03, 7 years retail pharm experience,3 LOR's, 2 from pharmacists, 1 from biochem prof.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I already answered that for someone else. :)
Your stats are very decent. I was accepted and these are my stats, for your comparison: cumulative GPA 3.53, science GPA 3.03, math GPA 3.03, 7 years retail pharm experience,3 LOR's, 2 from pharmacists, 1 from biochem prof.

Good luck!
I got an email a few days a go that my app is "received/under review" so I'm guessing based on what you went through I should be hearing from them soon. How did your interview go?

I got an email a few days a go that my app is "received/under review" so I'm guessing based on what you went through I should be hearing from them soon. How did your interview go?

Yea so you should hear back soon. My interview went really really well. I was really happy with it. I didn't think I was going to do well because I get very nervous to the point of bad anxiety. You guys should've seen me that morning, I looked like I was about to be sick lol! But Once I got inside and met the other applicants and started talking to them, I really calmed down a lot and composed myself lol. By the time I got to the individual interviews I was really confident I was going to do well because they seemed very interested in what I was saying. One of them actually told me my interview was excellent, so I'm sure you will get an idea of how you did from their comments/expressions, etc. So, overall, I was really happy and it went very well. :)

Last edited:
Yea so you should hear back soon. My interview went really really well. I was really happy with it. I didn't think I was going to do well because I get very nervous to the point of bad anxiety. You guys should've seen me that morning, I looked like I was about to be sick lol! But Once I got inside and met the other applicants and started talking to them, I really calmed down a lot and composed myself lol. By the time I got to the individual interviews I was really confident I was going to do well because they seemed very interested in what I was saying. One of them actually told me my interview was excellent, so I'm sure you will get an idea of how you did from their comments/expressions, etc. So, overall, I was really happy and it went very well. :)
Wow! That's great. Do you remember any of the questions? And what is this group thing that they make you do after the interview?

In order to give you an idea of how long it may take for you, I'll tell you how long it took for them to get back to me. I received the confirmation email stating my supp and pharmcas were received and my status was "received/under review" on January 4. Next I received an email entitled "Prerequisite Status" which is a review of your prereq courses on January 9. Then I received the interview invite on January 14. Therefore, it took 10 days to get the interview invite after receiving the confirmation email, so between 1-2 weeks. Good luck!

I received an e-mail on March 4th that my application was received/under review. It did state that I should hear in about 2-3 weeks whether or not I had fulfilled the requirements (I believe I have fulfilled them), although I am not sure I would be notified via another e-mail from Touro or on the Pharmcas website. Just to clarify, I should be expecting an email indicating that my prerequisites were met/not met, correct? I am just worried because it usually seems to take less than 2-3 weeks, however it's been nearly two weeks and I have yet to hear back from them.... =(

I received an e-mail on March 4th that my application was received/under review. It did state that I should hear in about 2-3 weeks whether or not I had fulfilled the requirements (I believe I have fulfilled them), although I am not sure I would be notified via another e-mail from Touro or on the Pharmcas website. Just to clarify, I should be expecting an email indicating that my prerequisites were met/not met, correct? I am just worried because it usually seems to take less than 2-3 weeks, however it's been nearly two weeks and I have yet to hear back from them.... =(

Yes they send an e-mail informing you of whether or not you fulfilled the prerequisites. Don't worry too much just yet! I think two weeks is still OK. Honestly, I would probably worry if it had been a month, but if it's still under two weeks just give it some more time.

Wow! That's great. Do you remember any of the questions? And what is this group thing that they make you do after the interview?

These are the questions I remember. (I don't remember to many of them because I was so nervous it all felt like a blur and once I got out forgot a lot of what I said/what they asked lol). But this is what I can remember:

-Why do you want to be a pharmacist?
-Explain a time when you took initiative and what was the result.
-Describe your volunteer work from after starting college. (I guess they aren't interested in volunteer work from high school).
-Explain what public health means to you.
-Describe yourself in three words. Why did you choose those words.

Unfortunately, that is all I could remember.

As for the group assignment, they basically divide the applicants into two groups (I had five people in my group) and we sat down with an interviewer and were given a paper with a statement on it. Then we were told to discuss it amongst ourselves while she watched. I think the point of this exercise is to observe how well you communicate and work with others and how well you make your points. Then we were taken into a computer lab where we were told to type, individually, up what we just discussed in the group. That part is not difficult. Just be really friendly with the other applicants and make sure you get your ideas and thoughts across while discussing, becuae you are being observed. :)

Hey I'm a P1, Its true that the school is in a building, but its NYC and everything is building-situated. There are 5 floors and the top two floors are pharmacy designated, and the bottom floors are for the Osteopathic program. As for student life, the P1 class is very cohesive and we get along well. We help each other out on materials presented. The P2's are also there to help us out. So in all, we have created a healthy environment for studying and interacting with fellow colleagues day by day. Living in NYC is amazing. I came here from the west coast, and I absolutely love it. There are plenty of coffee shops and libraries around to study at. The food culture is amazing. You're going into a great profession, why not do it in a city people dream about living in

Hey Chris!! (Ash's friend) lol you're such a cutie for helping people on SDN understand Touro better! I really liked the school when i interviewed. I also enjoyed going out with y'all. Crossing my fingers!! :confused: but don't want to jinx anything...

For those of you who were accepted, do you mind posting some of your stats? Touro NY is my dream school (because it's in NYC :D), so I would really love to be able to compare my stats with those who were accepted to see if I stand a chance here.

For those of you who were accepted, do you mind posting some of your stats? Touro NY is my dream school (because it's in NYC :D), so I would really love to be able to compare my stats with those who were accepted to see if I stand a chance here.

Sure. These are my stats when I got the interview:
Cum. GPA: 3.49
Science GPA: 2.80
PCAT: 58
7 years in retail pharmacy experience
Bachelors in Anthropology and Physcology

After my academic update my cumulative went to 3.53 and my science to 3.02.

Good luck! :)

If you look at previous pages you will find many other people's stats. I already answered that for someone. :)

3.3 GPA (Science and Non-science).
12 years experience in Academic & Pharmaceutical Industry
5 publications
3 Letters of Recommendation (all Health Professionals)

Last edited:
Hey guys do you mind sharing your stats.i have 3.3 Bio and 3.37 math gpa. Bachelors degree in Biology.........Radiology Tech Licence........No pharmacy experience ......... 1500 hospital volunteer hours......3 references and one from health professional........

add 2 months pharmacy experience
Teacher assistance.

here are mine but i am on waiting list

How do you guys have so many years of experience? Did you guys not apply right after obtaining your Bachelor's?