Touro COM-Harlem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, Columbia University is right there, and their med school is on 168th street, yet nobody rejects Columbia based on that.

I have been in that area at around 10 p.m., and there were plenty of people around, so I was feeling pretty safe.

Members don't see this ad.

is the school going to be THAT bad just because it's a brand new school?

No, but if you have an acceptance at an established school, it might be better to just go with that. I think I'm going to go this way.

Members don't see this ad :)
It will be a very good school to go to. According to the admissions at Touro, they will be interviewing and accepting students to the program ASAP! :D

where did you hear it is going to be a great school? I think it's great to expand. but holy $hit, there have been tons of new D.O. schools poppin out everywhere. I don't think it will be in our favor. D.O. entrance stats are already low. Now they are going to get lower with all these new schools.

where did you hear it is going to be a great school? I think it's great to expand. but holy $hit, there have been tons of new D.O. schools poppin out everywhere. I don't think it will be in our favor. D.O. entrance stats are already low. Now they are going to get lower with all these new schools.

From what I have heard and read the staff and fascilities will be very good. Also, I think that the expansion of the osteopathic profession is a really really good thing. :) :thumbup:

Despite my initial shock of seeing the 200 dollar seconday application fee, I sent of a primary application yesterday to Touro COM-Harlem. I think I am most excited about living in NYC. I want to work with the hispanic population in large cities, but most DO schools tend to cater to rural communties. I like the idea of a hosptial that trains student in one of the largest cities in the world.

I just hope their secondary isn't a killer, I don't know if I can write another essay at this point.

does anyone know what tuition is going to be like? comparable to the other touro campuses? i want to figure out if housing + tuition is going to be feasible before i give $250 to the school. and is there any preference to in-state applicants? if not, i may have a shot at this school, unlike nycom, grrr.

does anyone know what tuition is going to be like? comparable to the other touro campuses? i want to figure out if housing + tuition is going to be feasible before i give $250 to the school. and is there any preference to in-state applicants? if not, i may have a shot at this school, unlike nycom, grrr.

According to their website:

Tuition: $30,000
Student Housing: $15,000

NYC is not a cheap place to live/go to school

$30,000 tuition is not bad, that is the same if not cheaper than most of the DO schools out there. :thumbup:

I want to apply there, but I dont know if I can afford liveing there! NYC im sure is way too expensive!

so do they have full accreditation or not?? 30k for tuition and 15 k for housing isn't that bad. CCOM is costing me almost 41k for out of state, tuition only.

so do they have full accreditation or not?? 30k for tuition and 15 k for housing isn't that bad. CCOM is costing me almost 41k for out of state, tuition only.

They can't be fully accredited until they actually graduate a class- doesn't mean they won't be though.

Personally, I think I'm going to wait for Touro-Camden or Touro-Watts. :laugh:

dmu should pay doctormom's first year tuition, because she works on SDN as a recruiter!!!!!! :)

Yeah there's on campus housing alright...it only costs $15,000 per year...thats like half the cost of med school right there....kinda sucks! even for NYC

are you kididng for nyc thats a gift 15k a year for rent at least in manhattan although it may be a closet