Touro university CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guess decisions won't be mailed out till friday instead ( for nov2 interviewers)
Goodluck everyone :)

Members don't see this ad.

just received my interview invite! :)

me too when is your interview date? i do not set up yet....
anyone can help us for writing and verbal interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi i haven't set it up either... anyone know of what are the upcoming interview dates?

I called in Tuesday to schedule an interview and the first date Criselle had open was Wednesday, November 30th. I opted to schedule mine the week after on December 7th.

Good to know Nguyen! Thanks! :) Maybe i'll schedule if they have it even later than Dec. 7

I actually got an acceptance so I might be turning it down though.... :(

Good to know Nguyen! Thanks! :) Maybe i'll schedule if they have it even later than Dec. 7

I actually got an acceptance so I might be turning it down though.... :(

congrats! do u mind sharing where you got accepted to ? :)

Thank you! Pacific University Oregon :)

Still waiting to hear back from other schools though so we shall see!

did anyone else hear back from mr. davis yet?

I got High alternative :( +pity+

Hey Ayuka,
would you mind share your stats? I will have my interview on Dec 1st and I am getting nervous! how did your interview go?

Thanks

Hey Ayuka,
would you mind share your stats? I will have my interview on Dec 1st and I am getting nervous! how did your interview go?

Thanks

nvrmind

Last edited:
I was accepted!! :))))

Ayuka001, keep your head up! its still super early in the admission process!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks!
Not yet. I actually got two acceptance yesterday. Touro and Pacific in Oregon, so i'm debating where i want to go =]
Have you heard back from your other interviews yet?

congrats! :)

have u decided where u're gonna go?

Thanks!
Not yet. I actually got two acceptance yesterday. Touro and Pacific in Oregon, so i'm debating where i want to go =]
Have you heard back from your other interviews yet?

I'm just waiting on Cal Northstate lol. I have interview in Pennsylvania on Monday but I rescheduled cuz my professor is not letting me makeup the midterm if I miss it :/

cumulative gpa: 3.3
science is lower
I thought my interview went pretty well but when you interview in a group w/other ppl it's kind of hard to tell who's better than who. Why hasn't anyone else listed their status from the same interview as me? lol ....

Thanks Ayuka,

Can you share the questions they asked and the essay topics?

Congrats on you acceptance to Touro. Do you mind sharing how your interview went? My interview is this Thursday.

Congrats on you acceptance to Touro. Do you mind sharing how your interview went? My interview is this Thursday.

Thanks! The interview went fine. It was a really small group though, only 10 of us and our group interview was 5 of us with 2 staff. They asked us directly personal question and also questions aimed for everyone. All I can say is just make sure you know your resume because they asked everyone a question about that. Good luck!

Regarding how interview invites are sent out. My application is being processed by Touro Cali and I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how invites are sent out. I've had some invites mailed and others via email. My payment was misplaced, but I think they found it now, and under review.

Thanks

did anyone else hear back from mr. davis yet?

I got High alternative :( +pity+

Hey Ayuka001, did they put you on waitlist? and how long does it usually take for them to inform you of their decision?

anyone scheudule for Nov.30 Interview?

I think I saw somewhere that interview include group discussion is it right?

was essay topic hard??

Hey Ayuka001, did they put you on waitlist? and how long does it usually take for them to inform you of their decision?

they don't have a waitlist, I believe, only an "alternate list". The alternate list is ranked high, medium, low. From what I've read in previous year's threads, most people from the "high alternate" gets accepted. But you have to wait until they are done with interviews (June-ish) until they start accepting ppl off the list.

Have u already had ur interview?

(I'll be withdrawing from Touro though b/c there anatomy&physiology requirement requires me to go to a CC to take and I don't have time for that right now :/ )

Ohh, I see. I haven't had my interview just yet. Mine is December 1st and it does say somewhere that they supposedly send out a letter within 2 weeks of the interview. Not sure what to expect for this interview but I think the main difference (in comparison to other interviews I had) would be the group interview thing. Do they just throw in a question and we're supposed to discuss it or are questions direct to each person?

Accepted!! :)

Has anyone made a Facebook group for the class of 2016??

Hi congrate on your acceptance!

Do u mind letting us know ur stats? Do u have any pre-reqs still in progress?

Thanks!

Hi congrate on your acceptance!

Do u mind letting us know ur stats? Do u have any pre-reqs still in progress?

Thanks!

No pre-reqs still in progress just finishing my degree at Davis. GPA is above average but nothing spectacular, and no PCAT. Volunteered at an inpatient pharmacy and several hospitals but no internships. Interview went excellent! Make sure you know exactly what Touro offers and why that is beneficial to you. The essay portion bothered me a bit because the passage was long. The interview was relaxed and fun so feel confident from the get-go.

Good luck!

Hello. Im new to this Forum and just recently submitted my PharmCAS application. I was wondering if someone could tell me if my stats are good enough to get into Touro:

Graduated from UC Davis with a degree in Biology with emphasis in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior in the summer of 2010

Overall 3.13 PharmCAS GPA and a 3.07 PharmCAS science GPA

Pharmacy Experience:
-Shadowed for 40hrs in the inpatient pharmacy dept. at one hospital and for 20hrs at another
- Shadowed at a compunding pharmacy for pets for 8hrs
- Shadowed at a pharmaceutical company for 8hrs
- Was a research intern at a sterile compounding pharmacy where I took part in the brainstorming process to prodouce a sterile clean room environment for compounding as well as actually assisting in setting up the pharmacy~100hrs

Working experience:
-Lab Assistant at a toxicology lab- Responsible for testing urine specimens for alcohol, drugs of abuse, and steroids- Just started
-Lab Technician- Temp. position where I would prepare and analyze samples of genetically modified fruits and vegetables for the benefit of farmers- 3 months
-UC Davis Lab Assistant- Observed and took photos of the lipid productivity of different strains of yeast using a Fluorescent and DIC microscope-5 months
- UC Davis Microscope Services- Cleaned, checked, and did minor repairs on microscopes all over UC Davis-4 months

Extracurriculars:
-Habesha Student Union- I was the organizer of health/fitness related affairs. I would set up times for members to meet at the school gym and exercise in order to emphasize a healthy college lifestyle~100hrs
-Pan African Student Organization-Member~40hrs
-Played IM basketball and soccer
-Helped raise money for a better water purification system in southern Ethiopia~20hrs
- Volunteered at a Thrift store~16hrs
-Volunteered at a retirement home~40hrs in 2004 and 2005 (A little old)

LORs
-One from a Pharmacist
-One from an NPB professor
-One from a Microscope Technician

Also, do u guys think that I applied too late since I just submitted my PharmCAS application three days ago?

what kind of pharmacy related questions did they ask in the group interviews?

so you've decided to choose Touro over Pacific Oregon? Why?

Yes, I've decided on Touro over Pacific. I think the main thing for me was location. I'm from CA and would really like to stay here. My family is all in CA so I want to be closer to home and plus, I want to practice in CA after i'm done and I know that if i had to prepare for the CA state boards by myself, i might be in trouble. Pacific is a great school though. They have such an amazing program, but at the end other things played in my decision to choose Touro.
How about yourself? Are you planning to attend Touro?

Yes, I've decided on Touro over Pacific. I think the main thing for me was location. I'm from CA and would really like to stay here. My family is all in CA so I want to be closer to home and plus, I want to practice in CA after i'm done and I know that if i had to prepare for the CA state boards by myself, i might be in trouble. Pacific is a great school though. They have such an amazing program, but at the end other things played in my decision to choose Touro.
How about yourself? Are you planning to attend Touro?

As for now, Touro is my go-to school. I'm considering UOP and have a Western interview soon. There are other schools that I have yet to hear from..Hopefully it'll be good news. :xf:

As for now, Touro is my go-to school. I'm considering UOP and have a Western interview soon. There are other schools that I have yet to hear from..Hopefully it'll be good news. :xf:

Oh, have you put your deposit down for Touro yet? I also have an interview to Western, on the 10th right? :)

I was accepted, too, but now I'm worrying about the deposit. It's a hefty 2000 and I'm not even sure I want to go here.

Btw, I didn't think my interview was that spectacular and I was not among the most talkative.

they don't have a waitlist, I believe, only an "alternate list". The alternate list is ranked high, medium, low. From what I've read in previous year's threads, most people from the "high alternate" gets accepted. But you have to wait until they are done with interviews (June-ish) until they start accepting ppl off the list.

Have u already had ur interview?

(I'll be withdrawing from Touro though b/c there anatomy&physiology requirement requires me to go to a CC to take and I don't have time for that right now :/ )
--

Last edited:
is anyone still trying to get an interview for the 8th?

My friend wants to withdraw her application, but doesn't want to be rude and cancel on short notice.

Yes, I put down my deposit a while back. I had the first interview date and was accepted 1.5 weeks after. As for Western, I think there are only 3 interview dates, and they've only offered interviews for the first one so far. Good luck

I was accepted, too, but now I'm worrying about the deposit. It's a hefty 2000 and I'm not even sure I want to go here.

Btw, I didn't think my interview was that spectacular and I was not among the most talkative.

That's good sometimes. It's annoying when someone is too dominating. The hardest thing for me during the interview was trying not to fall asleep while others were talking their mouths off. They were beating the bushes like crazy..it's best if they could just get to the point of their story.

Touro put me in LOW alternate, which basically is a decline. I guess my interview went terribly. That attorney guy faculty and another alumni didn't like me, I guess. They played and acted that they liked you a lot though, but indeed they turned you down. Besides, the campus looks kind of abandoned manufacturing sites, and the P1 & P2 classrooms seem to be very crowded to me compared to other private schools. I don't like Touro and glad that I am in LOW alternate, no need to spend $2,000 deposit to wait for better choice.

I was accepted by three other schools: USC, MCPHS, and Pacific. I turned down Pacific already, and need to make a decision soon between USC and MCPHS. Really want to experience some amazing life experience while in pharm school!

Touro put me in LOW alternate, which basically is a decline. I guess my interview went terribly. That attorney guy faculty and another alumni didn't like me, I guess. They played and acted that they liked you a lot though, but indeed they turned you down. Besides, the campus looks kind of abandoned manufacturing sites, and the P1 & P2 classrooms seem to be very crowded to me compared to other private schools. I don't like Touro and glad that I am in LOW alternate, no need to spend $2,000 deposit to wait for better choice.

I was accepted by three other schools: USC, MCPHS, and Pacific. I turned down Pacific already, and need to make a decision soon between USC and MCPHS. Really want to experience some amazing life experience while in pharm school!

that sounds like great new!? congrats on getting accepted to 3 amazing pharmacy programs. I'm sure whichever you end up choosing will give you a great pharmacy experience and help you become a successful health professional. I'd like to add that I've worked with a pharmacist who chose MCPHS-Boston over UCSF, and she said that she had an amazing time there. She doesn't regret her decision.

BTW, any specific pointers for USC? I have an interview in Jan.

When was your interview?

Hi, I am wondering if you guys know how P1's schedule is like. I heard that classes start from 9am-3pm...Please correct me if I am wrong :(

Last edited:
Anyone here from the Nov30th interview??
OMG I just got accepted! I am so HAPPPYYYYYYY!!
Good luck everyonee!!!! :)

Hi, I am wondering if you guys know how P1's schedule is like. I heard that classes start from 9am-3pm...Please correct me if I am wrong :(

Yeah, its true. I think Monday-Thursdays. How are the schedules for other pharm schools?

Congrats on your acceptance :) idk about other schools....prob similar?

Anyone here from the Nov30th interview??
OMG I just got accepted! I am so HAPPPYYYYYYY!!
Good luck everyonee!!!! :)
I was at the Nov30th interview too and I just got an unofficial acceptance email!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I was at the Nov30th interview too and I just got an unofficial acceptance email!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Really?? YAYY Congrats!! What's your name? Haha I might remember youu:)
Torrance.. I'm going to guess.. Jennifer? haha

Last edited: