Touro university CA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey I'm from Nov 30th interview and just got unofficial acceptance email today :love: YAYYYYY!!!!!!! Well, hello class of 2016!! :cool:

Really?? YAYY Congrats!! What's your name? Haha I might remember youu:)
Torrance.. I'm going to guess.. Jennifer? haha

Are you the girl from Seattle? I'm Trang from CA :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I'm from Nov 30th interview and just got unofficial acceptance email today :love: YAYYYYY!!!!!!! Well, hello class of 2016!! :cool:

Are you the girl from Seattle? I'm Trang from CA :D

Ohhhh it's youu! During the interview, you were to my left and Jennifer was to my right. I was between both of you haha. YAYY can't believe all three of us got in!:) CONGRATSS! Are you guys going to make the deposit yet?

Ohhhh it's youu! During the interview, you were to my left and Jennifer was to my right. I was between both of you haha. YAYY can't believe all three of us got in!:) CONGRATSS! Are you guys going to make the deposit yet?

Didn't you sit at the right end of the table? I sat at the left end. Jennifer is the one who sat in the middle right? Yay all 3 of us got in. Amazing!!! Do you think they accept all people from our group? It seems to me that all 3 interviewers liked all of us :)

Yea I'll wait for the official notification and make the deposit soon. 2k... Lol that's a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't you sit at the right end of the table? I sat at the left end. Jennifer is the one who sat in the middle right? Yay all 3 of us got in. Amazing!!! Do you think they accept all people from our group? It seems to me that all 3 interviewers liked all of us :)

Yea I'll wait for the official notification and make the deposit soon. 2k... Lol that's a lot.

Haha I waas the guy next to youu. Trangle right? lol
I hope our whole group got innn. SO HAPPYY!:)

Haha I waas the guy next to youu. Trangle right? lol
I hope our whole group got innn. SO HAPPYY!:)

oh LOL :eek: you were the guy sitting next to me :laugh: sorry b/c of your screen name, I thought you were a girl :D: sorryyyyyyyyy lol that's why I mistaken you for the girl from WA lol

Are you making the deposit soon? I got the official letter on Saturday... :)

Last edited:
oh LOL :eek: you were the guy sitting next to me :laugh: sorry b/c of your screen name, I thought you were a girl :D: sorryyyyyyyyy lol that's why I mistaken you for the girl from WA lol

Are you making the deposit soon? I got the official letter on Saturday... :)

Yeahhh. This was my 2nd choice school. I'm going to make the deposit this week.
I AM SO EXCITED FOR PHARM SCHOOL!! :D

But yeah, I'm a Korean fanatic! LOL

Last edited:
Yeahhh. This was my 2nd choice school. I'm going to make the deposit this week.
I AM SO EXCITED FOR PHARM SCHOOL!! :D

But yeah, I'm a Korean fanatic! LOL

You guys are so cute lol Yeah I was the girl sitting in the middle. I am going to mail my deposit today! I hope they gave us more time to think though because 2k is kind of hefty :(

I had an alumni and the law professor interview me as well. When was your interview date? The professor definitely gave our group a hard time with the interview questions.

Touro put me in LOW alternate, which basically is a decline. I guess my interview went terribly. That attorney guy faculty and another alumni didn't like me, I guess. They played and acted that they liked you a lot though, but indeed they turned you down. Besides, the campus looks kind of abandoned manufacturing sites, and the P1 & P2 classrooms seem to be very crowded to me compared to other private schools. I don't like Touro and glad that I am in LOW alternate, no need to spend $2,000 deposit to wait for better choice.

I was accepted by three other schools: USC, MCPHS, and Pacific. I turned down Pacific already, and need to make a decision soon between USC and MCPHS. Really want to experience some amazing life experience while in pharm school!

I had an alumni and the law professor interview me as well. When was your interview date? The professor definitely gave our group a hard time with the interview questions

You guys are so cute lol Yeah I was the girl sitting in the middle. I am going to mail my deposit today! I hope they gave us more time to think though because 2k is kind of hefty :(

Oh! Did you guys do all the loan stuff online yet? Is that what we should do next after the deposit? haha

I had an alumni and the law professor interview me as well. When was your interview date? The professor definitely gave our group a hard time with the interview questions

I've heard about this.. sorry to hear about that. I feel like my group that got interviewed was really luckyy because our interviewers were super duper nice.

Did you hear back from them yet? If they don't accept you, I hope you can get in elsewhere! Best of wishes.

Oh gosh, congrats to those who have been accepted! The million dollar question is: HOW DID YOU DO IT?! I have yet to send out my supplemental app because I'm not even done! To those who had the interview, can you please share your shed some light about it? I'm extremely extremely extremely extremely nervous about it and I'd like to know what kind of questions they would ask. :scared: That, and because I'm not really good at those standing-in-front-of-an-audience-and-talking type of scenario...

Oh gosh, congrats to those who have been accepted! The million dollar question is: HOW DID YOU DO IT?! I have yet to send out my supplemental app because I'm not even done! To those who had the interview, can you please share your shed some light about it? I'm extremely extremely extremely extremely nervous about it and I'd like to know what kind of questions they would ask. :scared: That, and because I'm not really good at those standing-in-front-of-an-audience-and-talking type of scenario...

I was really nervous before going into the interview too! But during the interview, the faculty members were very warm/welcoming and affable so that made me feel very comfortable.

Questions that I remember from our interview were:
Tell us about yourself.
Why pharmacy?
Define professionalism.
What problem do you see pharmacists facing in 10 years?
Tell us about a time when you worked as a team and how it affected you.
Just very general questions, nothing specific.

We all just basically took turns to answer the questions, so you have time to think. And I think group interviews are pretty cool because you're not the only one being focused on so it makes you less nervous.

Definitely practice a lot of mock interviews based on these questions
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/tu-ca-cop/survey/26

Also, don't stress too much about the essay, as long as you're able to develop your ideas and make it cohesive then you should be alright.

Hope this helps!:)

PS. That's the FIRST interview I've ever had in my life. To be honest, I'm probably more shy than you are, but hey I did it! Just be honest with them, and show them how much you want it. They can tell if you're passionate about it or not, so make sure you show it. Be positive! And good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was really nervous before going into the interview too! But during the interview, the faculty members were very warm/welcoming and affable so that made me feel very comfortable.

Questions that I remember from our interview were:
Tell us about yourself.
Why pharmacy?
Define professionalism.
What problem do you see pharmacists facing in 10 years?
Tell us about a time when you worked as a team and how it affected you.
Just very general questions, nothing specific.

We all just basically took turns to answer the questions, so you have time to think. And I think group interviews are pretty cool because you're not the only one being focused on so it makes you less nervous.

Definitely practice a lot of mock interviews based on these questions
http://studentdoctor.net/schools/school/tu-ca-cop/survey/26

Also, don't stress too much about the essay, as long as you're able to develop your ideas and make it cohesive then you should be alright.

Hope this helps!:)

PS. That's the FIRST interview I've ever had in my life. To be honest, I'm probably more shy than you are, but hey I did it! Just be honest with them, and show them how much you want it. They can tell if you're passionate about it or not, so make sure you show it. Be positive! And good luck!

Thank you for your insight!!!!! This definitely helps me... a lot! I hope I will also come across a friendly faculty member that will be interviewing me (as opposed to the law professor in previous posts... which made me 10x more nervous). How long did it take for you to answer a question? I'm sure they want short, concise answers (and of course, it's more about quality than quantity). I do like the idea of a group interview, but since each member get their turn in answering the question... are some of the answers given slightly the same?

Thank you for your insight!!!!! This definitely helps me... a lot! I hope I will also come across a friendly faculty member that will be interviewing me (as opposed to the law professor in previous posts... which made me 10x more nervous). How long did it take for you to answer a question? I'm sure they want short, concise answers (and of course, it's more about quality than quantity). I do like the idea of a group interview, but since each member get their turn in answering the question... are some of the answers given slightly the same?

For my particular group, our answers were actually very different. Only a few were slightly the same but reworded. Don't worry about how long or short your answer is, just be honest with your answers:) You'll have an idea of how long answers typically are after the first couple of questions. Just believe in yourself and you'll be fine. I know you're very nervous and that's NORMAL and it just means that this is really important to you. :)

Oh! And make sure you call Touro a couple of days before the interview to ask for your interviewer's names, that way you can do a bit of research on them.

For my particular group, our answers were actually very different. Only a few were slightly the same but reworded. Don't worry about how long or short your answer is, just be honest with your answers:) You'll have an idea of how long answers typically are after the first couple of questions. Just believe in yourself and you'll be fine. I know you're very nervous and that's NORMAL and it just means that this is really important to you. :)

Oh! And make sure you call Touro a couple of days before the interview to ask for your interviewer's names, that way you can do a bit of research on them.

That's possible?! I would have assumed that we were allowed to know until the day of, but that's definitely good to know. I'd want to prepare myself in any and every way I possibly can. But first, I'd have to get through this supplemental application...

By the way, am I suppose to pay the $50 fee online first before I send out the app since there's a section that says "application fee confirmation number"?

And thank you thank you thank you thank you for your help!!!! :)

man a lot of people from nov. 30th got accepted huh? i got the acceptance letter too! Im the guy from Irvine

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

man a lot of people from nov. 30th got accepted huh? i got the acceptance letter too! Im the guy from Irvine

Hey!! Yayyy! haha. Are you accepting the offer??
We're all very lucky to have that interview date:)

That's possible?! I would have assumed that we were allowed to know until the day of, but that's definitely good to know. I'd want to prepare myself in any and every way I possibly can. But first, I'd have to get through this supplemental application...

By the way, am I suppose to pay the $50 fee online first before I send out the app since there's a section that says "application fee confirmation number"?

And thank you thank you thank you thank you for your help!!!! :)

I paid for the application online and then I sent the supplemental to Crisselle on the same day. Let me know if you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help!:)

Heyy delano2000, I got accepted to this school:)

Heyy delano2000, I got accepted to this school:)

Hey, have you sent your 2k deposit yet? I got the confirmation from Mr. Davis but haven't seen it charged on my bank account. :D lol maybe he is gonna wait until more ppl send in their deposits and charged in batch, don't you think?

And have you guys done the loans yet? Do we have to file tax first?

Hey, have you sent your 2k deposit yet? I got the confirmation from Mr. Davis but haven't seen it charged on my bank account. :D lol maybe he is gonna wait until more ppl send in their deposits and charged in batch, don't you think?

And have you guys done the loans yet? Do we have to file tax first?

I didn't do the loans yet, I was going to ask you guys haha.
So are you guys attending Touro for sure??

I have a 25 Jan interview, anyone else?

I have been reading a lot of mixed reviews about this school. Does anyone go there and really enjoy/hate it?

I have a 25 Jan interview, anyone else?

I have been reading a lot of mixed reviews about this school. Does anyone go there and really enjoy/hate it?

Did they email or call you?

Do you mind if I ask when did you submit your 2nd application?

They emailed me.

I sent in my secondary application around Nov 25. I don't think I had all of my letters of recommendation in yet. I received an email on Dec 15 staying they had everything to begin a review of my file. Got invited for interview on Dec 19.

now you are making me worry about my application .

I submitted my secondary around 11/30, and havent heard back from them yet.They said they are reviewing my application on 12/5

I have an interview on January 19th...anyone else have an interview that day???

I am interviewing Wed. January 18th... anyone else?

I've heard about this.. sorry to hear about that. I feel like my group that got interviewed was really luckyy because our interviewers were super duper nice.

Did you hear back from them yet? If they don't accept you, I hope you can get in elsewhere! Best of wishes.

I got placed on the high alternate wait-list.

Hello al,

Should I contact the office if I havent heard from them for a while, probably a month since they said they have received my secondary app?

Do they ever let I know that they will no longer consider my app, or they just keep the silence?

Did any of you guys submitted your Supplemental via email? I'm not sure if we are supposed to type in the empty boxes first, then print it out to sign when we're done. Since the email stated that we are not supposed to hand-write the application.

Did any of you guys submitted your Supplemental via email? I'm not sure if we are supposed to type in the empty boxes first, then print it out to sign when we're done. Since the email stated that we are not supposed to hand-write the application.

I placed my text into the empty boxes, printed it out, signed it at the end, and scanned everything into a single pdf. For some reason, the checked boxes didn't print out for me so I had to do them by hand too.

Hey guys, quick question:

What time does the interview day end? (for determining flight time)

Thanks!

Hey guys, quick question:

What time does the interview day end? (for determining flight time)

Thanks!

Quick curious question back at you.. aren't you a med student? haha

Hey guys, I will be assisting with the tour guide after the interviews on February 1st :0) Excited to see everyone!

Warning: Our campus is pretty ghetto.

Hey guys, I will be assisting with the tour guide after the interviews on February 1st :0) Excited to see everyone!

Warning: Our campus is pretty ghetto.

Hi dnguyen401! can you tell us your experience so far at Touro plz? how do you cope with the 9-5pm schedule? how are the classes? are they too hard to handle? sorry for bombarding you with so many questions! thanks!

Just withdrew my application and cancelled my interview. hopefully the spot goes to one of you sdners.

Just withdrew my application and cancelled my interview. hopefully the spot goes to one of you sdners.

Hi lwlba!

Can you share your stats? I am waiting for my interview and I was wondering if I can estimate when I will get an interview by comparing my stats with yours. THANK YOU!!!

sooo glad my interview is over! lol.. now the waiting!!

Hi rxgirl3 can you tell me what are the questions they asked you:xf:

Yeah. So it's a panel interview. There were two professors and one 4th year pharmacy student interviewing six of us. Honestly, I thought my interviewers were hard! I say that only because they looked bored, stone-faced, and did not smile at all!! Not my best interview experience but I think I did fine. There was one guy in my group who completely monopolized the interview-- he took like 5 minutes to answer each question and went off on tangents... a little irritating because it wasted everyone else's time. Oh well...

So this is what they asked us:

-Do you think health insurance is feasible in the US?
-How do you plan to succeed in pharmacy school?
-Name a health condition/disease, describe its pathophysiology and mechanism, and treatment. (HAHA I know!! the student interviewer asked this one)
-Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond.

I think those were the only questions! I am pretty sure they wanted to ask us more but that one guy's answers were soooo long that it took up most of our time. Kinda irritating-- I could definitely tell one of our interviewers was getting annoyed.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

Hi dnguyen401! can you tell us your experience so far at Touro plz? how do you cope with the 9-5pm schedule? how are the classes? are they too hard to handle? sorry for bombarding you with so many questions! thanks!

It's a 9-4pm schedule Monday through Thursday with a week of exams every block (6 weeks). I honestly don't like the block scheduling like I thought I would but some of my classmates do. Like any other pharmacy school, Touro's curriculum is pretty tough since the material is compacted into 2 years as oppose to 3 years.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck! :thumbup:

It's a 9-4pm schedule Monday through Thursday with a week of exams every block (6 weeks). I honestly don't like the block scheduling like I thought I would but some of my classmates do. Like any other pharmacy school, Touro's curriculum is pretty tough since the material is compacted into 2 years as oppose to 3 years.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck! :thumbup:

Thanks! I just sent you a message:)

Yeah. So it's a panel interview. There were two professors and one 4th year pharmacy student interviewing six of us. Honestly, I thought my interviewers were hard! I say that only because they looked bored, stone-faced, and did not smile at all!! Not my best interview experience but I think I did fine. There was one guy in my group who completely monopolized the interview-- he took like 5 minutes to answer each question and went off on tangents... a little irritating because it wasted everyone else's time. Oh well...

So this is what they asked us:

-Do you think health insurance is feasible in the US?
-How do you plan to succeed in pharmacy school?
-Name a health condition/disease, describe its pathophysiology and mechanism, and treatment. (HAHA I know!! the student interviewer asked this one)
-Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond.

I think those were the only questions! I am pretty sure they wanted to ask us more but that one guy's answers were soooo long that it took up most of our time. Kinda irritating-- I could definitely tell one of our interviewers was getting annoyed.

Anyway, best of luck to you!

:confused: what does he mean by asking that question?