You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
leafygreencow
Full Member
Honestly makes me kinda nervous that they on viewed mine once 😅
I just noticed they watched my video 20 times a few days before the December cutoff🤔
blueyturtle
Full Member
do we think decisions will come out in the next couple weeks??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on last year maybe ~ Feb 19?do we think decisions will come out in the next couple weeks??
tmoney007
Current Applicant
On the student Q&A the admissions guy told us late 20s of February 😁Based on last year maybe ~ Feb 19?
During the MPH/DVM zoom, Maddy said they are aiming for mid-to-late February and that we likely would not have decisions prior to the MPH deadline (Feb. 18).do we think decisions will come out in the next couple weeks??
Thanks! How are you liking your first year? I only applied to Tufts so I have nothing to break up the waiting and it’s been rough! Please let us know if you hear anything about decision timing!Hey all! Current first-year here. If you have any questions while sitting and waiting to hear back (the worst part of the application cycle), feel free to message me (or just ask here)
Concat265
Tufts V29
I am enjoying first year. I won't lie, its really hard but it still feels fulfilling. The new curriculum can be frustrating at times because they are still figuring things out so not everything is running smoothly. They are also starting in on some new construction at the moment which I was anticipating to be more disrupting than it actually has been. Let me know if you have any particular questions!Thanks! How are you liking your first year? I only applied to Tufts so I have nothing to break up the waiting and it’s been rough! Please let us know if you hear anything about decision timing!
I have not heard anything about the timing for the decision release. Last year I hear back mid-afternoon on February 20
Snickerpedias
Full Member
Hello! the waiting is excruciating, especially since, like Sabza, I applied solely to Tufts. I’ve been reviewing the first two years of the new curriculum and I am curious: do you find that the coursework revisits the foundational science concepts from your undergraduate studies, albeit in a more advanced and accelerated manner? To be honest, I feel as though I could go a lifetime without hearing the terms "ETC" or "Lac Operon" again!Hey all! Current first-year here. If you have any questions while sitting and waiting to hear back (the worst part of the application cycle), feel free to message me (or just ask here)
Furthermore, when you say it is "really hard", - is it due to the amount of lectures/material or the actual content?
Also, thank you for volunteering to be tribute to those of us waiting in purgatory!
Concat265
Tufts V29
Tbh, currently just procrastinating studying for parasitology, but more than happy serve as tribute to help with this time period.Hello! the waiting is excruciating, especially since, like Sabza, I applied solely to Tufts. I’ve been reviewing the first two years of the new curriculum and I am curious: do you find that the coursework revisits the foundational science concepts from your undergraduate studies, albeit in a more advanced and accelerated manner? To be honest, I feel as though I could go a lifetime without hearing the terms "ETC" or "Lac Operon" again!
Furthermore, when you say it is "really hard", - is it due to the amount of lectures/material or the actual content?
Also, thank you for volunteering to be tribute to those of us waiting in purgatory!
I think that the coursework does a good job of revisiting the fundamentals so that everyone is on the same page, but this does mean that for some people, a particular unit is going to be really easy but to another person the same unit is really difficult. Up to this point, we have not revisited the Lac Operon, but we did to the TCA cycle (gag). The faculty have also been working really hard to coordinate the course content between courses so that when we are learning about nematodes in parasitology, we work through a case about Haemonchus contortus in our Clinical Relevance Thread.
When I saw it is really hard, I mean that there is just so much information being thrown at us that it is nearly impossible to memorize it all. Some people manage it and to them I tip my hat. We also have exams nearly every week which can be hard to stay on top of, but my time management skills have definitely improved lol.
kaybear
tufts V29
I am also a first-year and agree with Concat265 on everything they said. The weekly exams are rough but all the professors clearly are passionate about what they teach and it shows in their lectures. They continuously ask for feedback even throughout the courses and try to implement what we suggest mid-course.
Regarding difficulty, I say if we had this material in undergrad over a semester, we probably would have done well so it is really the timing that is difficult. It is also tiring since you can have up to 6 hours of lecture for a single course over one week so it is very easy to fall behind since concepts of course tend to build on one another. Our days are now roughly 8-4pm with a lunch hour in between so it can be mentally tiring and hard to study when you get home (I'm sure this is the same for all schools). The afternoon is reserved for light classes (P/F courses), labs, and other various group work. All the intense lectures are normally not required to show up in person and are always held in the morning. Professors hold review sessions before an exam. I have enjoyed that the week of an Anatomy exam, for example, they won't schedule any Anatomy content for the week except a lab.
I thought breaking down the schedule would be helpful as that was something I wish I knew more about when choosing a school. However, Tufts is still adjusting and the next year may be tweaked a bit.
Hope this helps some more and feel free to ask me some more questions as well 🙂
Regarding difficulty, I say if we had this material in undergrad over a semester, we probably would have done well so it is really the timing that is difficult. It is also tiring since you can have up to 6 hours of lecture for a single course over one week so it is very easy to fall behind since concepts of course tend to build on one another. Our days are now roughly 8-4pm with a lunch hour in between so it can be mentally tiring and hard to study when you get home (I'm sure this is the same for all schools). The afternoon is reserved for light classes (P/F courses), labs, and other various group work. All the intense lectures are normally not required to show up in person and are always held in the morning. Professors hold review sessions before an exam. I have enjoyed that the week of an Anatomy exam, for example, they won't schedule any Anatomy content for the week except a lab.
I thought breaking down the schedule would be helpful as that was something I wish I knew more about when choosing a school. However, Tufts is still adjusting and the next year may be tweaked a bit.
Hope this helps some more and feel free to ask me some more questions as well 🙂
Thanks for the extra detail! When you say that the intense lectures don’t normally require in person attendance, is that because they are streamable and/or recorded?I am also a first-year and agree with Concat265 on everything they said. The weekly exams are rough but all the professors clearly are passionate about what they teach and it shows in their lectures. They continuously ask for feedback even throughout the courses and try to implement what we suggest mid-course.
Regarding difficulty, I say if we had this material in undergrad over a semester, we probably would have done well so it is really the timing that is difficult. It is also tiring since you can have up to 6 hours of lecture for a single course over one week so it is very easy to fall behind since concepts of course tend to build on one another. Our days are now roughly 8-4pm with a lunch hour in between so it can be mentally tiring and hard to study when you get home (I'm sure this is the same for all schools). The afternoon is reserved for light classes (P/F courses), labs, and other various group work. All the intense lectures are normally not required to show up in person and are always held in the morning. Professors hold review sessions before an exam. I have enjoyed that the week of an Anatomy exam, for example, they won't schedule any Anatomy content for the week except a lab.
I thought breaking down the schedule would be helpful as that was something I wish I knew more about when choosing a school. However, Tufts is still adjusting and the next year may be tweaked a bit.
Hope this helps some more and feel free to ask me some more questions as well 🙂
Thank you for this! Would you say Tufts has exams super frequently or is it more like a finals week at the end of the semester? And did the hands on/clinical experience change at all with the new curriculum?Hey there. I'm a first year student. I can try and give some insight. A little disclaimer, obviously I don't know what the old curriculum was because I wasn't there so this is me speculating a bit.
So, I Think the changes were more of a reorganizing of the same content more or less. I.e., what was taught in the old corriculum is roughly the same as what is still being taught, they just moved stuff around a bit and reorganized it along some big picture themes. They call them "Threads".
THe V28s had it a bit rough because the school hadn't fine tuned the new schedule yet. They ended up having several very important and large exams stacked on top of each other. Having taken these exams NOT stacked on each other, I can only imagine how rough that must have been.
To the schools credit, they are absolutely evolving to not make the same mistakes and the powers-that-be take feedback pretty well I believe. For instance they did not stack massive exams on us, they figured out how to spread them out better.
I wouldn't be super concerned about the new curriculum being a negative FWIW. The material is great and the whole experience is pretty enjoyable. Hard, but enjoyable. If you've got some more questions, I don't mind trying to help where I can.
Concat265
Tufts V29
We have exams almost every week starting about four(ish) weeks into the semester. There will be some weeks that we will have off, but they are relatively few. There is also a finals week at the end of the semester, but not all courses will have an exam during that week. There is typically only one exam per week. Last semester there was a week that we had two exams, a practical dissection exam and a practical clinical skills exam. That sucked.Thank you for this! Would you say Tufts has exams super frequently or is it more like a finals week at the end of the semester? And did the hands on/clinical experience change at all with the new curriculum?
I don't believe the overall clinical experience changed much. I think there are actually more opportunities to get into the hospital. We have selectives (fancy electives) which can you into the large or small animal hospital, along with some other really cool opportunities.
All of the non-required lectures are recorded and accessible on Canvas. There have been times that the recording system malfunctioned for whatever reason, in which case professors will usually post their own recording of the lecture.Thanks for the extra detail! When you say that the intense lectures don’t normally require in person attendance, is that because they are streamable and/or recorded?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
kaybear
tufts V29
Like Concat, I don't think there was a change in curriculum for hands-on classes. The clubs here are extensive and have are connected to interesting doctors/shelters/facilities who enjoy hosting student experiences. I also work in the campus hospital as a student technician and started September of my first year. I had no previous experience in this specific department so it was pretty cool to me that I was able to do that basically as soon as I got here. I know several other first and second year students who are volunteers or student technicians in the hospital as well.Thank you for this! Would you say Tufts has exams super frequently or is it more like a finals week at the end of the semester? And did the hands on/clinical experience change at all with the new curriculum?
I think whatever effort you put into gaining hands-on experiences, you will get if that makes sense.
Snickerpedias
Full Member
Does anyone else’s application portal look a little bit different right now?
No - what do you mean?Does anyone else’s application portal look a little bit different right now?
Snickerpedias
Full Member
Did you apply for the MPH as well? All of those links are gone and all of the Vet voices.No - what do you mean?
Mine did not change, but I didn't apply for the MPH.Did you apply for the MPH as well? All of those links are gone and all of the Vet voices.
aodvm2002
UC Davis SVM '30
Does anyone else’s application portal look a little bit different right now?
i didn't apply for the MPH but my links are gone as wellDid you apply for the MPH as well? All of those links are gone and all of the Vet voices.
prevet123!
Full Member
I didn’t apply to the MPH program but the links r still there for me, everything looks the same
leafygreencow
Full Member
I did apply for the MPH program and all the links are still there/everything looks the same.
blueyturtle
Full Member
sometimes the page glitches and takes me to a new page thats different from the portal. but usually when i refresh or login again, it takes me back to the original page with all the links. hope that helps
leafygreencow
Full Member
Youtube studio also shows they viewed my video again on February 2nd
leafygreencow
Full Member
Checked last years thread and it looks like the links disappearing happens to everyone eventually and doesn’t mean much. What is strange though is last year it happened after the MPH app deadline whereas this year it happened before?
blueyturtle
Full Member
Have any current students heard anything about decisions getting released this week?
pancake8519
Full Member
Last year people heard back on the 20th! so im thinking probably this week!Do we think we'll hear back sometime this week?
notliterally
Full Member
Are we sure that the link disappearances don't mean anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aodvm2002
UC Davis SVM '30
honestly not sure what it means, my links are still gone 🙁Are we sure that the link disappearances don't mean anything?
Snickerpedias
Full Member
Mine are all still gone as wellhonestly not sure what it means, my links are still gone 🙁
Concat265
Tufts V29
The admissions team doesn't tell us anything 🙁Have any current students heard anything about decisions getting released this week?
My hunch is that it will be late this week, but that is solely based on the fact that I heard back on the 20th last year
kasmteit90
Full Member
My links are still there. Ahhh hopefully we hear back soon!
prevet123!
Full Member
Does anyone know if in past years they sent out decisions in batches (rejections, acceptances, waitlists) or all in one go?
leafygreencow
Full Member
I read through the ‘29 forum and it happened to students in waves over a few days and decisions were released soon after, but there didn’t seem to be any correlation between when your links disappeared and if you were accepted/waitlisted/rejected etcAre we sure that the link disappearances don't mean anything?
blueyturtle
Full Member
are the links still gone for people?
mr.meowboy
c/o 2030
I still have the "vet voices sessions recordings" and "Apply to the DVM/MPH program" links in my portal. Is that what you are referring to?are the links still gone for people?
Snickerpedias
Full Member
my vet voices and MPH are still gone, also applied for MPH alreadyare the links still gone for people?
blueyturtle
Full Member
yeah i still have those links on my portal as wellI still have the "vet voices sessions recordings" and "Apply to the DVM/MPH program" links in my portal. Is that what you are referring to?
prevet123!
Full Member
All my links r still there
leafygreencow
Full Member
SameAll my links r still there
kasmteit90
Full Member
Same. I didn't apply to MPH thoughSame
blueyturtle
Full Member
the results will probably come out tomorrow or friday so best of luck everyone!!! we waited so long and proud of everyone for sticking it out this far. good luckkkk <3
BurtTheCat
Full Member
Did you hear that from someone?? I’m so anxious!!!!the results will probably come out tomorrow or friday so best of luck everyone!!! we waited so long and proud of everyone for sticking it out this far. good luckkkk <3
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blueyturtle
Full Member
just from past threads, i think last year it was feb 20th!Did you hear that from someone?? I’m so anxious!!!!
BurtTheCat
Full Member
Does anyone know if there’s a certain time they release decisions?
BurtTheCat
Full Member
Can someone be honest with me about my chances of getting in? I’ve gotten one rejection and two waitlists so far so I’m getting nervous. I have a 3.8 GPA, 1,400 hours of vet experience including exotics and ER, 6,000 hours of animal experience including horses, 50 hours of research, 5,000 hours of other employment experience, I was a peer mentor and was on leadership in a few clubs.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K