You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tufts c/o 2022 Applicants!
Started by Pancakes4dogs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
This is my first time applying! Tufts is on my list to apply.Hey! I didn't see this thread already created so I thought I would. Any Tufts hopefuls?? This is my second time applying and got a really good feeling from Tufts. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
Nice! Glad someone else is here haha.This is my first time applying! Tufts is on my list to apply.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm thinking about applying to Tufts this year as well. Does anyone know if Tufts does superscoring for GRE scores?
Yo @PippyPonyI'm thinking about applying to Tufts this year as well. Does anyone know if Tufts does superscoring for GRE scores?
Superscoring? I'm unfamiliar with the term. Can you elaborate, please?
im pretty sure its taking the best scores from all of your attempts even if they weren't from the same test dateSuperscoring? I'm unfamiliar with the term. Can you elaborate, please?
Hmm, I don't actually know if they do that (I only took the GRE once so it didn't come up). I do think I read that they look at all the scores from previous attempts.
Best thing to do with questions like that is email Ford in admissions -- he & everyone else in admissions are super nice and are great about responding to stuff like that.
Best thing to do with questions like that is email Ford in admissions -- he & everyone else in admissions are super nice and are great about responding to stuff like that.
Does anyone know on the VMCAS questions section if you can list the same elevator twice (under the 'letters of evaluation' section)?
did anyone receive an email or notification that they received all your materials?
Yes, I got mine on 11/2did anyone receive an email or notification that they received all your materials?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an interview for Dec 22nd! Anyone else? (also it's a bummer how close it is to the holidays because all the flights are extremely expensive...)
Congratulations Echoing!!

I'm still praying for mine! Did anyone else receive an invite today?
How did they notify you?Got an interview for Dec 22nd! Anyone else? (also it's a bummer how close it is to the holidays because all the flights are extremely expensive...)
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
They sent an email with the subject "Tufts Interview Invite." I had called the admissions office a few days ago and they said the second round of will probably go out together. But for this one I think it was both OOS (me) and IS (I have a friend who got one too who is IS)
Do you know when they are planning to send out the second round?They sent an email with the subject "Tufts Interview Invite." I had called the admissions office a few days ago and they said the second round of will probably go out together. But for this one I think it was both OOS (me) and IS (I have a friend who got one too who is IS)
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Congrats!! Did you get the email yesterday or today?I also got the same December 22nd interview invite. 🙂 I am OOS
They sent an email with the subject "Tufts Interview Invite." I had called the admissions office a few days ago and they said the second round of will probably go out together. But for this one I think it was both OOS (me) and IS (I have a friend who got one too who is IS)
In one of my update emails, they said to expect an email from their financial aid office... I haven't heard anything from them regarding financial aid or interviews. Anyone else in the same boat? Is it a bad sign that I haven't received a financial aid email?
I emailed one of the admissions people last week and he said that it should be sent out this month from financial aid because he had talked to them about it to answer my question about it
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Sent from my XT1635-01 using SDN mobile
Thanks! I really appreciate it - these waiting periods are such torture...
Did they happen to mention when they expect to send out their next wave of interview invitations/how many waves there will be?
Did they happen to mention when they expect to send out their next wave of interview invitations/how many waves there will be?
hi echoing,They sent an email with the subject "Tufts Interview Invite." I had called the admissions office a few days ago and they said the second round of will probably go out together. But for this one I think it was both OOS (me) and IS (I have a friend who got one too who is IS)
for some reason i read somewhere that IS interviews occur after OOS ones? I'm in state and have heard nothing :/ do you have any more information about your friend?
hi echoing,
for some reason i read somewhere that IS interviews occur after OOS ones? I'm in state and have heard nothing :/ do you have any more information about your friend?
I am an in state resident and I received a invitation to interview in November for December 22nd, if that helps. I don't think they are separating by instate/outstate.
In past years, they have had an interview round in December that is mixed OOS/IS, and then a couple more rounds in January/February that are separated (for the most part; may be some overlap there).hi echoing,
for some reason i read somewhere that IS interviews occur after OOS ones? I'm in state and have heard nothing :/ do you have any more information about your friend?
So, don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet! I believe that the interview notifications for January went out after the December interviews were completed last year.
Sigh, I hope they let us know before Christmas... 😵UGH do you guys really think they'll wait to send Jan interview invitations until after the 12/22 interview? That means we might have to wait until after the holidays...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year notifications went out on 12/28 and 1/3. So history is not on our side, unfortunately.Sigh, I hope they let us know before Christmas... 😵
I emailed one of the admissions people and he told me early January will be when next round of notifications will go out.
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
I emailed one of the admissions people and he told me early January will be when next round of notifications will go out.
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
Thanks for letting us know; much appreciated!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quick question: I wear a studded nose ring. It is small and understated but definitely noticeable. Should I take it out for my interview? What about for my headshot required by the school? It's apparent in my current headshot. Please let me know!
I'm at Tufts now and 2/4 people in my study group have nose piercings. I can ask them what they did for interviews if that would help!Quick question: I wear a studded nose ring. It is small and understated but definitely noticeable. Should I take it out for my interview? What about for my headshot required by the school? It's apparent in my current headshot. Please let me know!
That would be amazing thank you so much! 😀I'm at Tufts now and 2/4 people in my study group have nose piercings. I can ask them what they did for interviews if that would help!
Quick question: I wear a studded nose ring. It is small and understated but definitely noticeable. Should I take it out for my interview? What about for my headshot required by the school? It's apparent in my current headshot. Please let me know!
The school requires headshots of you at the time of the interview?
D
deleted793949
Last year I was rejected and they sent an email that my application decision was sent and then I went through the portal and the letter was there.Question about denials.. do they email you or mail you a sad rejection letter?
I just got an email saying I am being considered for interview and that they need my fall transcripts to make the decision. Anyone else get this?
I just got an email saying I am being considered for interview and that they need my fall transcripts to make the decision. Anyone else get this?
Congratulations. Maybe this is the second wave? I havent gotten anything. Are you IS or OOS
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope. I was told by one of their admissions representatives that I do not need to send them my fall transcripts at all.I just got an email saying I am being considered for interview and that they need my fall transcripts to make the decision. Anyone else get this?
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
Nope. I was told by one of their admissions representatives that I do not need to send them my fall transcripts at all.
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
When; today?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah! I got an email today. Im OOS. It literally said that the committee is intrigued with my profile and that they need my fall transcripts to make a decision about interviewing me or not
A little while ago.When; today?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick question: I wear a studded nose ring. It is small and understated but definitely noticeable. Should I take it out for my interview? What about for my headshot required by the school? It's apparent in my current headshot. Please let me know!
I have a nose ring too so this would be helpful info

Congrats!! Did you get the email yesterday or today?
Thanks, and sorry for the late reply! I got the invite November 21st
After I got my interview, they sent an email about filling out an online form. The form mostly asked my dietary needs/those of people I would be bringing, but they also wanted a picture of me.The school requires headshots of you at the time of the interview?
Quick question: I wear a studded nose ring. It is small and understated but definitely noticeable. Should I take it out for my interview? What about for my headshot required by the school? It's apparent in my current headshot. Please let me know!
I'm at Tufts now and 2/4 people in my study group have nose piercings. I can ask them what they did for interviews if that would help!
That would be amazing thank you so much! 😀
I have a nose ring too so this would be helpful info![]()
Ack, sorry for the delay!
I asked them; one of them took hers out, the other did not. Both clearly got in to the school 😉
They both have pretty small studs so it is honestly not very noticeable. It actually took me about 3 weeks to notice my lab partner had her nose pierced at all (may say more about my observation skills than her piercings though lol)