Tufts c/o 2022 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats everyone who got an interview! I just got an email telling me I've been waitlisted for an interview. Too bad, I really wanted Tufts.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an invite, but just turned it down! Hope there's some movement on the waitlist for y'all! Best of luck!

Reactions: 7 users
I am betting there are some invited interviewees who have already decided on another school, so I'll keep my fingers crossed they cancel and a spot opens up for you guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey for those already accepted at Tufts, do you have any interview insight or advice for us?!

OOS interview invite for 1/16! Best of luck and don't give up hope to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Haven't received an interview invite or a place on the waitlist.......what does that mean!?

Haven't received an interview invite or a place on the waitlist.......what does that mean!?

Me neither

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello friends! OOS here! Interview invite for 01/29! So incredibly happy right now!! Is anyone else applying to one of Tufts dual degree programs?

And good luck to those who haven't heard/waitlisted!! Don't give up just yet! We are all rooting for you!:xf:

Reactions: 3 users
Hey for those already accepted at Tufts, do you have any interview insight or advice for us?!

The interviews are incredibly laid back. They really just asked basic questions about past experiences and common questions like "why tufts". It wasnt in depth and it seemed to mostly be testing your communication skills rather than the quality of the answers.

Interview invite for the 30th!!! Man that is late:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello friends! OOS here! Interview invite for 01/29! So incredibly happy right now!! Is anyone else applying to one of Tufts dual degree programs?

And good luck to those who haven't heard/waitlisted!! Don't give up just yet! We are all rooting for you!:xf:
Congrats!! I am interested in applying to it
The interviews are incredibly laid back. They really just asked basic questions about past experiences and common questions like "why tufts". It wasnt in depth and it seemed to mostly be testing your communication skills rather than the quality of the answers.
Thank you!

Congratulations! Did you just hear now (meaning right before you posted)?

Thank you!! and no, they sent an email at 9am. I just woke up around the time I posted lol

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that if I haven't received an email invite today that I'm probably denied? My heart aches but I just can't fathom waiting any longer :meh:

Is it safe to assume that if I haven't received an email invite today that I'm probably denied? My heart aches but I just can't fathom waiting any longer :meh:

That's how i'm feeling right about now as well :scared:

As generic and annoying as this sounds, be yourself! I cracked some jokes in my interview because I'm a pretty goofy person in general, and weirdly enough, it must have worked?

In terms of preparation, be ready for ethical questions (euthanasia, animal research, etc.) and for questions about why you want to be a veterinarian and why Tufts would be a great fit for you. Other than that, just be prepared to answer questions about your application and to have a pretty casual conversation with two professors (one of which will be part of a field which you indicated an interest in).

As generic and annoying as this sounds, be yourself! I cracked some jokes in my interview because I'm a pretty goofy person in general, and weirdly enough, it must have worked?

In terms of preparation, be ready for ethical questions (euthanasia, animal research, etc.) and for questions about why you want to be a veterinarian and why Tufts would be a great fit for you. Other than that, just be prepared to answer questions about your application and to have a pretty casual conversation with two professors (one of which will be part of a field which you indicated an interest in).
Ask questions and be yourself.

At my interview (now 7 years ago), I was asked about where I was from. My response: “small, conservative, mostly coal cracker, I mean, coal mining country.” I also made them laugh when I said I’d be a dancer or race car driver if not in vet med (then we talked about SYTYCD) that both interviewers had children who enjoyed watching.

That's how i'm feeling right about now as well :scared:
Don’t despair! It’s a wait if you didn’t get your email today but don’t panic.

More story time: I was shadowing when I was off on break when I got my notice. I’d seen people posting on SDN for days and I came home (I still had dial-up), and no mailed letter or email (I put my school address instead of home and my school had a long winter break cause they hold classes during the winter session) but I had gotten an email about interview accommodations and burst into tears, cause clearly it was a mistake, I wasn’t interviewing. I emailed the admissions rep.

They were closed for snow days but I got an email from one rep. She said yes, I had been offered an interview and she was sorry I hadn’t received an email or letter. She’d rectify that. I was probably still crying and definitely covered in (my newfound love at the time had been discovered) manure and cow smell.

So, in short, don’t give up. Until Feb.

Last edited:
Was there information about two different tours??

Just got this when I inquired about my application, if you haven’t heard don’t stress!
“Decisions have been going out and will continue to go out for a few more days. Takes a lot of time to post decisions for 1000 candidates. Good luck!”

just recieved an email to go check my track page. rejection. good luck to everyone else and congratulations to those with interviews and interview waitlists

Gave up my interview! Hope one of you guys hear from them! I got into my IS dream school:)

Reactions: 4 users
I interview in December and was accepted. The interview was a great experience, they pair you with two faculty members who match your interests or experience and go e you their bios beforehand. Most people just have a casual chat, seems like they just want to see if you're the kind of person who's pleasant to have in a classroom. I actually ended up talking about medical ethics and euthanasia, but I brought up the topic first based on a class i enjoyed and then they asked me some "challenge questions" haha.

Overall a fun day, Ford goes the extra mile to keep you calm. Enjoy your time on campus!

Last edited:

Be able to talk in depth about all of your experiences on your application. The interviewers you are paired with will be matched with you for a specific reason regarding your interests - for example, I had a background in lab animal research and one of my interviewers was a researcher. With this in mind, they will be able to tell if you are trying to BS any of your answers to relevant questions. Also, have answers prepared for common interview questions as well. My last piece of advice would be to have several questions prepared to ask about Tufts, and one for each interviewer regarding their research or experience at Tufts. You will get a handout of information about your interviewers before your interview.

With all this said, the interview is very laid back. It is more of a conversation than an interview, and as others have pointed out, they are really just trying to get to know you as a person. Best of luck! Feel free to follow up with any other questions you may have about Tufts :)

Has anyone on the interview waitlist been contacted yet?

Anyone going to be at the interview tomorrow? Are you guys bringing a change of clothes? Does anyone know if there will be a spot to put our clothes if we want to change into them or if we should maybe just leave it in the car?

Anyone going to be at the interview tomorrow? Are you guys bringing a change of clothes? Does anyone know if there will be a spot to put our clothes if we want to change into them or if we should maybe just leave it in the car?
I’m sorry I didn’t see this until now but for anyone else it may help — there’s a coat rack and if you needed to leave a bag there it would be fine, but otherwise the parking lot is only a few feet from the door so either way it would work! I did not bring a change of clothes and it seems most did not either, but a handful changed into boots for the tours while others changed into boots. Hope you did well today! I’m hoping we hear back soon :)

I GOT AN INTERVIEW! I was waitlisted so I'm surprised. I have a chance!

I GOT AN INTERVIEW! I was waitlisted so I'm surprised. I have a chance!

Congrats! When I was waiting to go into my interview, I heard one of the admissions people talking on the phone to someone who gave up their interview spot. She said "I'm sure you will make someone on the waitlist very happy!" Maybe that was you :) Good luck!

Are there any current students who received need-based institutional aid floating around here? If so, could you please private message me?

Last edited:
Anyone interviewing on the 29th? I'm an OOS applicant and exited to meet you all!

For people still on hold for an interview (myself included)--I was contacted last year on Jan. 23rd that I was taken off the interview waitlist. So don't give up hope!

Anyone interviewing on the 29th? I'm an OOS applicant and exited to meet you all!

I'm also OOS and interviewing on the 29th! Maybe I will see you there! I'm soo nervous, but so excited too!! :nailbiting:

Did you get your acceptance snail mail or email?!

I got mine via an email telling me to check the portal and then snail mail after, if that helps. The letter via snail mail was so cute because both my interviewers wrote little personalized messages at the bottom :)

Quick question: what did you all wear to your interview? Mine's on the 30th and I'm so nervous! I can only wear my special sneakers because of a foot issue, so heels (or even flats) are out of the question.

Quick question: what did you all wear to your interview? Mine's on the 30th and I'm so nervous! I can only wear my special sneakers because of a foot issue, so heels (or even flats) are out of the question.

Pretty much everyone on my interview day was dressed in pant suits

So I was kind of an idiot and kept meaning to send a thank you note to my interviewers because they were SO nice and I really enjoyed talking to them but then life got crazy and I never sent them a note! My interview was 2 weeks ago -- would it be too late at this point/look worse than not sending one at all? I've gotten mixed advice from "it's better late than never" to "it's too late now" so I'm torn as to what to do. Does anyone have thoughts?! I keep kicking myself that I didn't send one right after the fact :barefoot: