Tufts c/o 2022 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone who is interviewing tomorrow! :heckyeah:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
For those interviewing tomorrow or who have interviewed before, would you recommend arriving first thing in the morning or is slightly later okay? The schedule has multiple tours running throughout the day so I was thinking of arriving in the early afternoon and doing the later set of tours/sessions

For those interviewing tomorrow or who have interviewed before, would you recommend arriving first thing in the morning or is slightly later okay? The schedule has multiple tours running throughout the day so I was thinking of arriving in the early afternoon and doing the later set of tours/sessions

From what I understand, you are only required to be there for the actual interview component. The rest is just for your own information and to get a feel for the school. So I would say that should be fine! But then again, I'm also interviewing tomorrow for the first time so who knows?? Haha

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think that is probably technically fine, but I would recommend showing up for the morning info sessions if they have those this year! Gives the school a chance to woo you a little bit, and gives you a little while to relax and meet some other applicants ;)

Also fine to bring a change of clothes. It was absolutely frigid last year when I interviewed, and I was so happy to be sitting in the info sessions and walking around on the tour in a cozy outfit instead of my interview dress. Bring snow boots + winter jacket or something similarly warm for the tour.

I think that is probably technically fine, but I would recommend showing up for the morning info sessions if they have those this year! Gives the school a chance to woo you a little bit, and gives you a little while to relax and meet some other applicants ;)

Also fine to bring a change of clothes. It was absolutely frigid last year when I interviewed, and I was so happy to be sitting in the info sessions and walking around on the tour in a cozy outfit instead of my interview dress. Bring snow boots + winter jacket or something similarly warm for the tour.
It is supposed to be snowing tomorrow afternoon - so be prepared for the cold/wet.

Did anyone else who interviewed today find the interviews odd? I felt like the asked very little questions and mostly talked about themselves lol

If this year follows last years trends, then I think the round of early interview invites will probably go out tomorrow. Crossing my fingers!
Any idea if its a good sign to get an earlier round interview?

Did anyone else who interviewed today find the interviews odd? I felt like the asked very little questions and mostly talked about themselves lol

Hmm i found the interview to be pretty casual but not odd... I think they were mostly making sure that we could hold a normal conversation with another human being which is obvi essential to being a veterinarian lol

Who'd you interview with, if you don't mind my asking?
I'm not sure if it would be prudent for the applicant to answer this since I think the # of people interviewing with each interviewer is pretty small, especially in the December round. Perhaps better to give feedback directly to admissions after the decision process is complete?

I'm not sure if it would be prudent for the applicant to answer this since I think the # of people interviewing with each interviewer is pretty small, especially in the December round. Perhaps better to give feedback directly to admissions after the decision process is complete?
Fair. It could be answered in a PM, I was just idly curious. I always enjoyed the pairings for interviews when I was on the committee as a student rep.

And it’s pretty equal to each pair for each round. Fewer invites are sent in December but you get the idea.

And despite interview season being so busy for me, I loved fielding questions from interviewees. I enjoyed being one of the student reps for admissions for 3 years, talking to students who ended up choosing Tufts that were like “I talked to you on interview day, thanks for setting up housing” etc :biglove:

Hmm i found the interview to be pretty casual but not odd... I think they were mostly making sure that we could hold a normal conversation with another human being which is obvi essential to being a veterinarian lol

Hmm maybe I found it weird because it was much more casual than the other interviews I've had so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmm maybe I found it weird because it was much more casual than the other interviews I've had so far.
Tufts strives for this, I think. They already know a lot about you from your application; they want to make sure you can conduct yourself well in person (translation: can you hold a normal conversation with professors who will be your respected teachers and future colleagues) and to make sure you'd be a good fit for the school.

Personal preference here, but I like their approach a lot. I used to do a lot of similar interviewing in my old job, and in my opinion a lot of traditional interviewing techniques (stress interviews, stock questions like "tell me about a time you were challenged by something") are unnecessarily stressful and do not really get to the heart of how someone is going to work out in a given environment.
Things I would want to know as an interviewer:
- Does your in-person personality mirror what shone through in your written application/resume/whatever
- Can you handle yourself in a mature way (listen appropriately, have a balanced conversation, demonstrate a reasonable level of poise)
- Would I want to work with you

I got the impression that's kind of what Tufts is going for, too.

Also keep in mind that interviews are supposed to be a time when you can learn about the school. There is a reason why they try to pair you with at least one interviewer who matches your areas of interest. Use it as an opportunity to demonstrate curiosity and evaluate the school. You're going to be paying them a lot of money and entrusting them with your veterinary education -- it's a big decision and interviews are a valuable part of that process.

Woah this post ended up being longer than I intended lol

Last edited:
When does Tufts let the first-round of interviewed candidates know if they've been accepted or denied? This waiting is so painful!

For anyone who has gone through the interview process already, what's the typical attire? I read another thread where most were talking about suits, which are totally not my style and I'm wondering if dresses are okay. Thoughts?

Does anyone know whether they are sending out interview invites tomorrow?

For anyone who has gone through the interview process already, what's the typical attire? I read another thread where most were talking about suits, which are totally not my style and I'm wondering if dresses are okay. Thoughts?
What kind of dress?

For the interview portion, I wore a navy blue sheath dress with a fancy scarf, cardigan, and neutral high heels that I would have worn to client meetings back in my old job. However, I consider that type of dress to be equally as formal as a suit, sometimes more so.

I wouldn't wear an "exciting" dress, if that makes sense haha

When does Tufts let the first-round of interviewed candidates know if they've been accepted or denied? This waiting is so painful!
Congrats on your interview.... most of us are still waiting for a response to our application so we definitely feel your pain!!! :shrug:

Does anyone know when rejections go out?

Interviewed on December 22nd and got my acceptance today! SO EXCITED :D

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations!! That's so awesome.
Would you be wiling to share your stats (GPA, GRE, OOS or IS)?

Accepted OOS!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats all! Rock it :flame:

P.S. pls tufts interview me

Reactions: 7 users
Did anybody else get an email from them about needing their social security information so that they could access the FASFA for a financial aid application? I got excited and then that's all it was. UGH this is killing me..

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that got accepted i'm happy for you guys! I'm still praying :scared:

Did anybody else get an email from them about needing their social security information so that they could access the FASFA for a financial aid application? I got excited and then that's all it was. UGH this is killing me..

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone that got accepted i'm happy for you guys! I'm still praying :scared:
I did too! I was hoping it was the next wave of interviews. Does anyone know when they'll be sent out?

I did too! I was hoping it was the next wave of interviews. Does anyone know when they'll be sent out?

I have no idea but I'm assuming that it will be soon given that they have already evaluated the first round of candidates?

Accepted IS yesterday!! :) I've never posted before but reading through all of these threads was so helpful and encouraging throughout this application process. I'll post to the successful applicants stats thread after I complete all of my interviews, but so excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations!! That's so awesome.
Would you be wiling to share your stats (GPA, GRE, OOS or IS)?

Here are my stats:
OOS
GPA: Overall - 3.80, Science & Last 45 were a bit lower but can't remember exactly what they were...
GRE: Verbal - 168, Quant - 163, Writing - 5.0

I'll share in successful applicants once I find out from more schools.

has next round interview gone out yet? any idea when they might? :thinking:

So does Tufts only do 2 rounds of interview invites? I know some went out early December so the one coming up would be the second round. Could we expect another round after that or is that it? Trying to see if I should be upset if I don’t get an invite this week or if there is still hope lol.

So does Tufts only do 2 rounds of interview invites? I know some went out early December so the one coming up would be the second round. Could we expect another round after that or is that it? Trying to see if I should be upset if I don’t get an invite this week or if there is still hope lol.
There’s several waves depending on waitlist, etc.

Just got an interview for 1/23!! OOS

Reactions: 3 users
Just got the email! Interview IS 1/16!!!!!

!!! Interview invite 1/16 OOS

Interview invite 1/16!!! OOS

Congratulations everyone! Still hoping :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview waitlist OOS as well. Fingers crossed a spot opens up!

OOS Interview Invite 1/30/18.:happy: