Tufts c/o 2022 Applicants!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can any current students chime in about what you use for technology? I really love the idea of an iPad Pro with the Apple pencil + keyboard, but I found a tech requirement page that states “laptop computer”, so thinking a tablet might not be acceptable?
I do currently have a MacBook Pro, but it’s going on 10 years old and has given me some issues lately, so I definitely need some sort of replacement. Ideally if a laptop is absolutely needed, I could keep the MacBook around for that purpose, but I don’t trust the reliability of this old thing So if a tablet isn’t sufficient, I would just forgo the iPad altogether and likely choose a new MacBook.

You will definitely need a laptop. We take our exams on the computer program Examplify, and it doesn't run on iPads. People with older computers have been having technical difficulties with the program though, so I would recommend getting a new laptop - not necessarily an expensive one, but just one that isn't 10 years old. That said, you can always borrow a laptop from the IT department if you need one.

Before the year started, I bought myself an iPad with the intention of taking notes on it. After a few exams, I found that I preferred using my laptop for both note-taking and studying - mainly for the ease of typing notes directly into Powerpoint without any additional zooming or clicking needed. I had one of those attachable keyboards for my iPad, but it still felt too clumsy having to switch to typing and I wasn't able as effective as I wanted. Many students do use tablets of some sort - either a Surface, iPad, or those Microsoft hybrid laptop/tablets - so it does work for some people.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You will definitely need a laptop. We take our exams on the computer program Examplify, and it doesn't run on iPads. People with older computers have been having technical difficulties with the program though, so I would recommend getting a new laptop - not necessarily an expensive one, but just one that isn't 10 years old. That said, you can always borrow a laptop from the IT department if you need one.

Before the year started, I bought myself an iPad with the intention of taking notes on it. After a few exams, I found that I preferred using my laptop for both note-taking and studying - mainly for the ease of typing notes directly into Powerpoint without any additional zooming or clicking needed. I had one of those attachable keyboards for my iPad, but it still felt too clumsy having to switch to typing and I wasn't able as effective as I wanted. Many students do use tablets of some sort - either a Surface, iPad, or those Microsoft hybrid laptop/tablets - so it does work for some people.
Gotcha, thanks so much for the info! Guess I’ll start researching a new laptop then.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how much the rabies vaccine through Tufts has cost in the past? Where I’m currently located, the cheapest price I’ve found is around $345/shot :(

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how much the rabies vaccine through Tufts has cost in the past? Where I’m currently located, the cheapest price I’ve found is around $345/shot :(

They do a rabies vaccine clinic during the beginning of the semester and cover the cost of the vaccine if you get the student insurance with Tufts.

Reactions: 2 users
They do a rabies vaccine clinic during the beginning of the semester and cover the cost of the vaccine if you get the student insurance with Tufts.

medicine.tufts.edu/Student-Services-and-Campus-Life/Student-Advisory-and-Health-Office/Immunizations/Immunization-Information-and-Requirements/Cummings-School-of-Veterinary-Medicine

I don’t have the health insurance through Tufts but got the rabies vaccine through the school - $945 for the series 2 years ago.

That is great to know that it is at least covered under the insurance with Tufts. Since I will have to leave my job, I will lose my insurance and need to get the one through Tufts. However, in my opinion it is quite costly especially compared to other schools, so I am glad to know I won't have to pay for the rabies series ontop of that.

That is great to know that it is at least covered under the insurance with Tufts. Since I will have to leave my job, I will lose my insurance and need to get the one through Tufts. However, in my opinion it is quite costly especially compared to other schools, so I am glad to know I won't have to pay for the rabies series ontop of that.
Another small perk: parking is cheap on campus compared to what I've heard about at a lot of other schools :)

Accepted my offer here! So excited to meet you all!!

Is there a facebook page for apartments? I know there's a housing page for Tufts in general, but I'm wondering if there's one specifically for the vet school.

Rejected my offer OOS. Good luck to those on the waitlist who may take my spot! :) See you all on the DVM sideeeee

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here, declined my OOS offer. Good luck to everyone!

Another small perk: parking is cheap on campus compared to what I've heard about at a lot of other schools :)
Very true, almost makes it worth the snow... nah ;).

Congrats to all accepted here! Tufts is a wonderful school and you will receive a top notch education.

For the financial aid package, do we need to sign and return that by mail? Or is email okay? Also, it said on the email that V22’s have until after April 16th to return it but it doesn’t give an actual date. Does anyone know about any of that?

Just got accepted today!! I was the first person called off the IS waitlist

Reactions: 7 users
For the financial aid package, do we need to sign and return that by mail? Or is email okay? Also, it said on the email that V22’s have until after April 16th to return it but it doesn’t give an actual date. Does anyone know about any of that?

Just in case anyone else wanted to know the answer I emailed financial aid and they said that they would like us to return our aid form by the end of the month. They also said you can scan it and email it to them!

Just in case anyone else wanted to know the answer I emailed financial aid and they said that they would like us to return our aid form by the end of the month. They also said you can scan it and email it to them!

Thank you for letting us know!

Hi guys-- I don't know if there are any other hopeful alternates following but I just got an email from Patty. She said the class is full and 3 spots were offered, all to MA residents

Does anyone wanna try to get an apartment with me lol

also, is there a facebook group for our class?

Last edited:
Does anyone wanna try to get an apartment with me lol

also, is there a facebook group for our class?

There is a Facebook group the link to it should be on your acceptance letter! It’s called Cummings School Vet Class of 2022: Official Group