Tufts c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lucolly

Reaction score
Haven't seen this yet, so did anyone apply to Tufts this cycle?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So excited this thread was finally made:biglove: I'm a second-year so I can answer any questions that you guys have!

Hey! I'm a first year if anyone has any questions. I'm happy to help :giggle:

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I am a first time OOS applicant! Tufts it a top school on my list because of how much I love the area, but I know it's a stretch for me to get in because I'm looking to do poultry medicine and they don't seem to have any poultry at all. Fingers crossed though!

So great to meet you all! Did you get the e-mail to submit the supplemental fee yet? Super excited. Tufts is one of my top two schools

Just another current student popping in to let you guys know that if you have any questions to feel free to PM me.

Also GOOD LUCK! :cat:

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to two other schools, but forgot to report a math class I took through a community college while still in high school. Tufts is the only college who accepted my application as is, so fingers freaking crossed.

I applied to two other schools, but forgot to report a math class I took through a community college while still in high school. Tufts is the only college who accepted my application as is, so fingers freaking crossed.

I read about that in the VMCAS forum. Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! I was wondering what the timeline was for hearing about interviews, etc.? I didn't see it anywhere on their website. For those that applied last year or previous years, when did you guys get interview invites around? Thanks!

Hi all! I was wondering what the timeline was for hearing about interviews, etc.? I didn't see it anywhere on their website. For those that applied last year or previous years, when did you guys get interview invites around? Thanks!
Last year I received the email about my late January interview on Dec 31. The earliest last year was a December interview date so those individuals were notified in November. Most applicants interview in January/February.

I just got an update email from Tufts this morning! It didn't have any information regarding my application status, but good general info. Interviews will be held remotely, and they are being conducted on December 21st and another few dates in late January/early February. They said the interview invites will go out several weeks ahead of time via email with the date/time of the interview, so we should get plenty of notice. Crossing my fingers to hear something in early December!!

I just got an update email from Tufts this morning! It didn't have any information regarding my application status, but good general info. Interviews will be held remotely, and they are being conducted on December 21st and another few dates in late January/early February. They said the interview invites will go out several weeks ahead of time via email with the date/time of the interview, so we should get plenty of notice. Crossing my fingers to hear something in early December!!
I got that email as well. It said that they have received over 1000 applications this year, which is significantly more than what they got last year of 826. I was thinking that less people would be applying this year with the uncertainty of Covid, but it's not looking that way lol

I got that email as well. It said that they have received over 1000 applications this year, which is significantly more than what they got last year of 826. I was thinking that less people would be applying this year with the uncertainty of Covid, but it's not looking that way lol
I know someone applying to human medical school this year and apparently applications are up 50% from previous years... I was hoping that wouldn’t be true for vet school too, but we might be seeing the same pattern :/

also a current first-year student! happy to answer any questions! good luck to everyone who applied :)

I was wondering if you guys could talk about what you like and dislike about Tufts. I got into Tufts and my state school and I’m having a hard time deciding which to attend. Any advice you have for me is appreciated!
How did you already get in???? Did they send out interview invites already??? Congrats btw!

How did you already get in???? Did they send out interview invites already??? Congrats btw!
Lmao, my bad. I’m a medical school applicant and didn’t realize I clicked on the wrong thread until I already posted my reply.

Reactions: 3 users
I was stalking last years thread and early invites were sent out on November 22nd for the first interview date of December 16th. So I'm hoping we should hear something soon? But it looks like they sent out interview invites throughout December and January as well.

I was an applicant last year and they sent out the round of early invites late November and then sent one more on New Years that was for everyone who got an invite. Interview waitlist emails also went out on New Years night.

Hey everyone, I applied in 2013 to get a sense of the process (my pre-reqs weren't completed) then I had 2 children so I'm a "first time actually prepared" applicant, and completely untraditional...I'm in-state for Tufts and it's my first choice. How's everyone doing playing the waiting game? Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! Do y'all think interview invites will be sent out this week?
The first interview date is 12/21 and the email that went out said "a few weeks ahead" so if not this week, next! :) The waiting is hard!

The first interview date is 12/21 and the email that went out said "a few weeks ahead" so if not this week, next! :) The waiting is hard!
Thank you so much :) Agreed!! The waiting is so hard, but hopefully they send out invites sometime this week!

Don't be discouraged if you don't hear something in the next couple weeks -- typically in the past they have sent out batches of interview invitations. I believe some people don't get notified until January.

(May have changed this year; I'm not sure how they're handling the interview stuff with covid)

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone gotten an invitation for an interview from Tufts yet??

Also, I am a first-time applicant. Out of state. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Also first time OOS applicant. Possibly they knew they were going to have to send invites out late this year, which is why they gave us their interview date a few weeks ago? Just a thought.

not yet, also oos but not sure about my chances - still missing a few pre-reqs. 🤷🏻‍♀️ i love their wildlife program but more or less just wanted to throw my hat in the ring

Also first time OOS applicant. Possibly they knew they were going to have to send invites out late this year, which is why they gave us their interview date a few weeks ago? Just a thought.
What do you mean they gave their interview date a few weeks ago?

The sent out an email that announced the first interview date was 12/21 so people could be prepared. They had over 1000 applicants this year so the process is going a little slowly.

Oct 19th

We received over 1,000 applications for the 100 seats in the Class of 2025. This year’s Admissions Committee is composed of twenty members, including two students, and they have the challenge ahead of selecting a class from this talented and accomplished applicant pool.

Over the last few weeks and continuing through the next few weeks, we are checking to be sure that you have fulfilled our prerequisite course requirements and that your letters of evaluation meet Tufts' specifications. If we have any questions, Patty Finger, our admissions coordinator, will email you for clarification.

The admissions committee’s first task is to select applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are scheduled for December 21, 2020, and for several days at the end of January/beginning of February 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will be conducted remotely; you will not have to travel to our campus for an interview. If you are selected to interview, you will receive an invitation a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview. These interview invitations will arrive via email.

You will also receive an important email from our financial aid office by early December. It will outline the process and deadlines for applying for financial aid, including Tufts grants and loans as well as federal loan programs. If you plan to apply for financial aid, you should begin the process upon receipt of the financial aid application instructions, since there are many steps before your application is considered complete.

The U.S. veterinary schools have agreed upon a common reply date of April 15, 2021. If you are admitted to more than one veterinary school, you will have until April 15 to notify each school of your decision to attend. You will have both your Tufts admission decision and your financial aid award before you need to respond to us and other schools by April 15.

Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or (508) 839-7920 if you have any questions. On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we wish you the best in this year’s application process.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Russo

Director of Admissions
Tufts University
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
200 Westboro Road
North Grafton, MA 01536

mFS1Ns1qEMJLPp2PKPgB9pajtuSBoiVv1u5h2N948SAsU6yfueUlXiBOf9gy6bNiAvQtqlvWY9q9z6Tdx0iRBaBDdP8H48lZOgblorklIbPq0l4T3l2Dq9-B49itzOGX1wtitzj_Ahhop2WW8w=s0-d-e1-ft

Oct 19th

We received over 1,000 applications for the 100 seats in the Class of 2025. This year’s Admissions Committee is composed of twenty members, including two students, and they have the challenge ahead of selecting a class from this talented and accomplished applicant pool.

Over the last few weeks and continuing through the next few weeks, we are checking to be sure that you have fulfilled our prerequisite course requirements and that your letters of evaluation meet Tufts' specifications. If we have any questions, Patty Finger, our admissions coordinator, will email you for clarification.

The admissions committee’s first task is to select applicants who will be invited to interview. These interviews are scheduled for December 21, 2020, and for several days at the end of January/beginning of February 2021. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews will be conducted remotely; you will not have to travel to our campus for an interview. If you are selected to interview, you will receive an invitation a few weeks in advance which will include the specific date and time of your interview. These interview invitations will arrive via email.

You will also receive an important email from our financial aid office by early December. It will outline the process and deadlines for applying for financial aid, including Tufts grants and loans as well as federal loan programs. If you plan to apply for financial aid, you should begin the process upon receipt of the financial aid application instructions, since there are many steps before your application is considered complete.

The U.S. veterinary schools have agreed upon a common reply date of April 15, 2021. If you are admitted to more than one veterinary school, you will have until April 15 to notify each school of your decision to attend. You will have both your Tufts admission decision and your financial aid award before you need to respond to us and other schools by April 15.

Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or (508) 839-7920 if you have any questions. On behalf of the Admissions Committee, we wish you the best in this year’s application process.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Russo

Director of Admissions
Tufts University
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
200 Westboro Road
North Grafton, MA 01536

Okay, I did get that. I was scared for a second because I thought they sent another one out & I missed it lol. This whole process is so stressful!!!

My blood pressure spikes when I see this thread at the top of all the others.. anyone else!? :dead:

I was feeling pretty relaxed about hearing back from schools until this week, once I actually thought about the fact that invites should be going out this week or next week, I'm getting anxious. Tufts is one of my top schools as I'm interested in their Lab Animal program and is my "local" vet school (I'm from NH). Best of luck to everyone, hopefully we hear something soon! 😊

My blood pressure spikes when I see this thread at the top of all the others.. anyone else!? :dead:

I was feeling pretty relaxed about hearing back from schools until this week, once I actually thought about the fact that invites should be going out this week or next week, I'm getting anxious. Tufts is one of my top schools as I'm interested in their Lab Animal program and is my "local" vet school (I'm from NH). Best of luck to everyone, hopefully we hear something soon! 😊
Same!! At this point I just want to know so I can try to plan something interesting for next year if I don't get in. The suspense is getting to me.

It's a lot of trying not to check my email 894032 times per day lol I feel you!

Same!! At this point I just want to know so I can try to plan something interesting for next year if I don't get in. The suspense is getting to me.
Right!? I still have 4 other schools besides Tufts that I'm waiting to hear from about interviews, I've already interviewed at 1 and 1 doesn't do interviews. I just want to fast forward to January/February so I know where I'm headed, if anywhere!

It's a lot of trying not to check my email 894032 times per day lol I feel you!
I 100% check my email and SDN about 39432075 times a day an I'm not afraid to admit it. At first I tried to restrain myself but now I just let it happen :lol:

Reactions: 2 users
Right!? I still have 4 other schools besides Tufts that I'm waiting to hear from about interviews, I've already interviewed at 1 and 1 doesn't do interviews. I just want to fast forward to January/February so I know where I'm headed, if anywhere!

I 100% check my email and SDN about 39432075 times a day an I'm not afraid to admit it. At first I tried to restrain myself but now I just let it happen :lol:
#Guilty #Feelingseen #Inittogether. :)

Same-Cornell isn't interviewing, I interviewed with AVC already, I still need to hear from Penn, LIU and Tufts....annnnnd the number of schools not considering fall grades makes me sad lol

Same-Cornell isn't interviewing, I interviewed with AVC already, I still need to hear from Penn, LIU and Tufts....annnnnd the number of schools not considering fall grades makes me sad lol
Right!? I also applied to Penn, we're not going to hear until January probably.. whyyyyy 🥺

Current student hoping to lower y'all's blood pressure: they only send out invites for that first interview date around this time/Thanksgiving. The rest are in late January/early February and invites won't go out until after New Year's. The timeline might be slightly different this year due to COVID but try not to stress too much about not hearing yet!

Based on my speaking to one of the admissions team members, they were reviewing as of last weekend, so hopefully soon we'll get an update!

Reactions: 9 users
I was kinda thinking that the first interview invites would be sent out today since the December 21st interview is two weeks away from today! On to tomorrow I guess haha

Reactions: 6 users