Tufts c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same. Sounds like they made a BIG mistake.

Edit: I mean that they probably meant those videos only for "accepted" students.
Well the layout is wonky too. Seems like they launched it prematurely. I have the links of the videos. Didn't catch the one from Faculty. Here they are just in case.

Students -
Farm -

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
All of my videos have been removed too except the Farm one. I'm not sure what's going on :lol: do they not realize that there is a hoard of panicking pre-veterinary students checking not only the school's online portal but talking to each other on SDN.
yep mine just vanished too! ah well, so much chaos

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, my page has updated and removed the "congrats on your interview video" but it has also removed my application status too...

Congrats to everyone who got an interview so far!! I'm OOS and still waiting to hear. I've only refreshed this thread and my email a bazillion times!! o_O

Reactions: 3 users
my status just changed to "submitted" where this am it was "awaiting decision". This is driving me wild, has anyone gotten official emails? I feel like we won't know for sure until the emails confirm.

My application status is showing up again, but now it just says "submitted," whereas earlier today it said "awaiting decision"

i got the change to 'submitted' too; this is such a rollercoaster. not sure how i feel about watching them troubleshoot in real time lol i can't seem to look away

i got the change to 'submitted' too; this is such a rollercoaster. not sure how i feel about watching them troubleshoot in real time lol i can't seem to look away
Jersey Shore, but it's the Tufts webportal lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Omg guys the "submitted" just disappeared again. What is going on lolo_O

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Literally a train wreck. I'm lying on my couch wrapped in a blanket watching it all unfold. Can't look away. Can't wait to see how this turns out for all of us :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I might need to go for a walk this is a bit stressful lol

Can someone tag a Tufts admissions rep😂 I feel like they’d get a kick out of this

• Haha
Saw in a facebook group someone got an interview invite via email! Anyone else heard anything yet?

I didn't get to check my application portal earlier, but now it just looks glitchy and there is nothing listed on the page except for the barn video ... Has anyone heard anything from the school about this?

mine doesn't even have a status now lol....the rollercoaster is real people!! I'm glad we're in it together.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone still have interview times on their portal? Or did they take everything from everyone?

I didn't get to check my application portal earlier, but now it just looks glitchy and there is nothing listed on the page except for the barn video ... Has anyone heard anything from the school about this?
I haven't heard anything but same as you, mine looks glitchy and all that's there is the farm video.

I haven't heard anything but same as you, mine looks glitchy and all that's there is the farm video.
hopefully we will hear something tomorrow! I am sure they will have a lot of emails and phone calls from applicants...

The last email I received from them said that interview invites would go out via email so I imagine that unless you received an email you will not be interviewing December 21st.

The last email I received from them said that interview invites would go out via email so I imagine that unless you received an email you will not be interviewing December 21st.
Yes, you're most likely right but I think what has everyone worried or anxious is the back and forth with the information in the portal. I feel they should send an updated email given a lot of people are freaking out.

They usually send out an email telling people to check the portal. So really if you check the portal before the email comes out, you might catch them updating it.

Getting home from work and seeing all of this is something:laugh: if they're still doing interviews like they have in the past, they'll send out interview invites in waves! So once this all gets figured out, if you haven't gotten an interview invite yet that doesn't mean you won't get one at all. Hopefully this helps calm some of your nerves!:cat:

To ease everyones worries, yes, an email did go out to those that were invited for a December interview at 4:33 pm EST!

I got my OOS interview invite for December 21st at 4:33pm!!!!!!!! I am so so so excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
They’re still updating the portal! I think someone checked the portal and happened to catch them troubleshooting. Unfortunately word travels fast! They will send you an email when everything is official. There will be many more invites to come! There are typically more interviews in January and February. I know it’s a stressful time but try to relax for now 🙂

Where is everyone seeing application status in the portal? I have a mostly empty page along with admissions contact info, a farm video, and "
Hello! This portal will allow you to monitor the application process and to learn more about Tufts."

Where is everyone seeing application status in the portal? I have a mostly empty page along with admissions contact info, a farm video, and "
Hello! This portal will allow you to monitor the application process and to learn more about Tufts."
Same! I've been looking at my page all throughout the day and only have seen this same thing 😂

Hey guys, I emailed admissions yesterday and asked about the "awaiting materials" status. I got an email this morning that apologized for any confusion and they mentioned the portal just went live. They also said that awaiting materials just means your application is in their office, it does not mean you are missing anything!! That makes me feel better, so I hope this news helps others as well.

Reactions: 4 users
Same! I've been looking at my page all throughout the day and only have seen this same thing 😂
It was there before and then removed. Some folks had awaiting decision, awaiting materials, some had interviews...don't worry--it disappeared for everyone..along with 2 videos that were likely only intended for those invited to interview.

I've been avoiding SDN in hopes to calm my anxieties. Y'all, that was a roller coaster. Fingers crossed we all hear something soon.

Reactions: 5 users
I assume we all got this financial aid email yesterday* ...but did anyone else get one from any other school?

*edit: please correct me if i’m wrong though

Last edited:
I assume we all got this financial aid email yesterday* ...but did anyone else get one from any other school?

*edit: please correct me if i’m wrong though
Yes, I got it from Tufts but not anyone else.

Repeat: if you do not hear something immediately, do not despair.

Typically (in years past), they send out a round of December interviews that is heavily skewed towards OOS applicants who they feel might be drawn elsewhere. Then they do more rounds of interviews in January and February.

On the other hand, I would not expect great news if you don't have all of the prerequisites or close to it. My understanding was that it was ok to have 1-3ish in progress, but if you're still missing a bunch, it's probably too early for them to judge. Tufts has very minimal pre-reqs compared to other schools as it is, so personally I don't think it's unreasonable. I was grateful for every single pre-req in vet school because otherwise I would not have known what was going on.

Reactions: 7 users
Repeat: if you do not hear something immediately, do not despair.

Typically (in years past), they send out a round of December interviews that is heavily skewed towards OOS applicants who they feel might be drawn elsewhere. Then they do more rounds of interviews in January and February.

On the other hand, I would not expect great news if you don't have all of the prerequisites or close to it. My understanding was that it was ok to have 1-3ish in progress, but if you're still missing a bunch, it's probably too early for them to judge. Tufts has very minimal pre-reqs compared to other schools as it is, so personally I don't think it's unreasonable. I was grateful for every single pre-req in vet school because otherwise I would not have known what was going on.
Do you know when they release the second round of the Jan/Feb interview decisions? Also, when do they notify applicants who are not moving forward?

Do you know when they release the second round of the Jan/Feb interview decisions? Also, when do they notify applicants who are not moving forward?
I was notified last year on New Years Eve for my late January interview. Unless they change how it works this year: the first round of interviews in December get their admissions decisions pretty quickly but all of the later interview dates get their decisions in late Feb (last year we got our decisions on Feb 27 - Just a heads up to not be worried if you interview and don't hear back right away).

I'm not sure when applicants are notified if they are not moving forward. You can always check past Tufts threads or the past Rejection list or interview invitation threads to get a feel for the timeline.

I was notified Jan 8th 2018 that I was not moving forward when I applied during the '17-'18 cycle.
which honestly worked out for me, as my graduation from grad school ended up being delayed a semester anyway

Same-Cornell isn't interviewing, I interviewed with AVC already, I still need to hear from Penn, LIU and Tufts....annnnnd the number of schools not considering fall grades makes me sad lol
You applied to like all of the same schools I did haha. Hope to see you in the fall wherever we end up!

Same, how's your process going? I interview with LIU 1/9 :)
I'm interviewing with LIU on 1/5. Haven't heard from anywhere else, aside from interviewing at UPEI already. Definitely starting to get anxious/excited to hear from Cornell and CSU after New Year's.

I'm interviewing with LIU on 1/5. Haven't heard from anywhere else, aside from interviewing at UPEI already. Definitely starting to get anxious/excited to hear from Cornell and CSU after New Year's.
Same on Cornell...Waiting on Penn and Tufts too :)

for those who interviewed on monday, when do you think we will hear back? im hoping before christmas! i had such a positive interview experience, and i hope yall enjoyed your interviews as well!!!!

for those who interviewed on monday, when do you think we will hear back? im hoping before christmas! i had such a positive interview experience, and i hope yall enjoyed your interviews as well!!!!
If you don't mind my asking, how many members of the panel were on the call? :) Was it just conversational? Glad you had a positive experience!

If you don't mind my asking, how many members of the panel were on the call? :) Was it just conversational? Glad you had a positive experience!
There were two interviewers, and I was given their names a few days before the interview so I could watch the introduction videos that they each posted! It was extremely conversational, laid back, and the biggest piece of advice I have is to make sure you have a list of questions (at least 5 or 6) to ask them as well!

There were two interviewers, and I was given their names a few days before the interview so I could watch the introduction videos that they each posted! It was extremely conversational, laid back, and the biggest piece of advice I have is to make sure you have a list of questions (at least 5 or 6) to ask them as well!
Thank you, that's helpful--Ford and I have a relationship that's 7 years long now lol so he knows me pretty well...and I've been to the campus about 97 times I'll try and think of some new things to ask!!

I had the same experience, it was a very low stress interview!