This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tufts or OHSU?

• Tufts

• OHSU

Results are only viewable after voting.

DENTUP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm having trouble choosing between Tufts and Oregon health&Science for the 4year dental program. I'm OOS for both and currently live in the west coast (went to school in New York State). Boston is definitely one of my favorite cities but it is really really expensive!! And either one, I think I wanna try to stay in the city where I graduate and continue my living there as a general dentist. So the place is really important and clinical experience is also important to me.

I know I should be really happy to even be able to make the choice but I can't decide and it's really killing me!! So, if I can get some honest advice, or hear about pro&cons of both schools, that would be AWESOME!! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Where do you see yourself living: Boston or Portland?
In both actually. I think that's what makes it hard. But i've only been in either city for only one day at most for the interview, so i havent really seen the entire city. I just know from walking from hotel to the school or just the impression i got from uber rides

Isn't Portland one of the most bike-friendly cities in the country? Meanwhile, good luck trying to bike in downtown Boston.

That's gotta count for something.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Price is cheaper at OHSU overall even as OOS, specially if you include living expenses. Weather = no brainer, west coast.
OHSU.

Reactions: 1 user
Both schools are clinically-based school. If you're okay with the rainy winter with no sunlight , OHSU must be your choice. However, Oregon has a beautiful and dry summer just like other West Coast regions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user