-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Tuskegee c/o 2022 applicants
Started by Sammydoo2017
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I couldn’t find it either.Does anyone know when the Facebook page for the class of 2022 will be created? Also, is it possible to post the link on this forum? I've found it difficult to search for class pages.
TexasWhat state is everyone coming from?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else still in need of a roommate?
I will be, but I won't be moving to tu until around the end of july.Anyone else still in need of a roommate?
I think I will be moving end of July as well (week of 7/23). I've tried finding housing prior, but it doesn't look like it is going to work in my favor.I will be, but I won't be moving to tu until around the end of july.
Yeah I don't understand why its so difficult to find a decent placeI think I will be moving end of July as well (week of 7/23). I've tried finding housing prior, but it doesn't look like it is going to work in my favor.
The only complex I've heard back from is the condo listing, and the Gardens. The condo will allow move in as early as the start of the summer, where the Gardens won't let you move in until August.Yeah I don't understand why its so difficult to find a decent place
The Gardens is offering the best so far. I've heard back from the Greens its nice, rent is just a little more than I would like to pay for.The only complex I've heard back from is the condo listing, and the Gardens. The condo will allow move in as early as the start of the summer, where the Gardens won't let you move in until August.
They sent an email in November saying they were making an exception this year since it is a transition year for people who would have pre-reqs that would not be done until June to apply. I believe it is only because so many people applied who did not have them done since it said effective 2018 and it was confusing that it started this year. I do not believe they will be able to do this or willing to do this in the future.
Hey y'all, so I'm still confused about not being able to have classes "in progress". I'm really wanting to apply to Tuskegee this round (summer 2018). Is this actually being enforced?? I had no idea that they all the sudden changed the admissions requirements and now I'm devastated. I will have two classes left to finish if I applied this summer for the class of 2023.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It is enforced in the sense that they will call and ask about the in-progress class. However, they are generally willing to work with you if you have a strong application.Hey y'all, so I'm still confused about not being able to have classes "in progress". I'm really wanting to apply to Tuskegee this round (summer 2018). Is this actually being enforced?? I had no idea that they all the sudden changed the admissions requirements and now I'm devastated. I will have two classes left to finish if I applied this summer for the class of 2023.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I think with this year being a change in the Medical Terminology requirement, and confusion amongst the applicants, they were allowing up to two outstanding courses, but after interview, it appears students should have all courses completed before applying the 2019 application cycle. Again, don't be discouraged, I could be wrong and requirements could change. I would reach out to Ebony Turk in admissions regarding any changes. I wouldn't want you to not apply, when you in fact could have!Hey y'all, so I'm still confused about not being able to have classes "in progress". I'm really wanting to apply to Tuskegee this round (summer 2018). Is this actually being enforced?? I had no idea that they all the sudden changed the admissions requirements and now I'm devastated. I will have two classes left to finish if I applied this summer for the class of 2023.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you all so much! I feel much more at ease now. I'm going to contact Ms. Turk to go ahead and establish a connection and get my info sorted out. Also, congrats on being accepted everyone!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you so much! I hope to see you next year!! 🙂Thank you all so much! I feel much more at ease now. I'm going to contact Ms. Turk to go ahead and establish a connection and get my info sorted out. Also, congrats on being accepted everyone!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I cannot secure housing, even after speaking with current students, so I think it's going to have to be a no for me. Also, it would interfere with a vacation that I already have planned with family. Had I known the dates sooner, I could have made the necessary arrangements, just in case.Is anyone actually doing the SERP program? I’m still at odds about it.
So I did some apartment calling. The greens actually isnt bad I was just looking at the price wrong. $835 for a two bedroom & that'll be split. I checked out this other place called Two 21 Armstrong all they had was a 3 bedroom for $762. Both are nice places...well seem nice.
I liked the Greens. Also, I don't think it's student housing, which means we could move in, in July.So I did some apartment calling. The greens actually isnt bad I was just looking at the price wrong. $835 for a two bedroom & that'll be split. I checked out this other place called Two 21 Armstrong all they had was a 3 bedroom for $762. Both are nice places...well seem nice.
Yeah they just need at least a 30day noticeI liked the Greens. Also, I don't think it's student housing, which means we could move in, in July.
Well my plan is to move down the last week of July. So if anyone is interested in having me as a roommate then I would feel comfortable paying my deposit and completing my application. The sooner I have something confirmed, the better for my current job and for finding help to move down.Yeah they just need at least a 30day notice
More like the last full week of July (7/23).Well my plan is to move down the last week of July. So if anyone is interested in having me as a roommate then I would feel comfortable paying my deposit and completing my application. The sooner I have something confirmed, the better for my current job and for finding help to move down.
Anyone still thinking about living on campus??
Congrats c/o 2022!!
My name is Sheree and I'm the current VP for class of 2021. We will create a facebook page for yall in the near future so you can ask questions and get direct info (e.g. which books you need to buy, maybe only 1-2 so don't sweat it). Someone from each entering class starts a groupme over the summer so you all can communicate with each other and keep each other in the loop -if any of you are up to that task 😉
Take the summer to relax, have fun, and save as much money as possible!
My name is Sheree and I'm the current VP for class of 2021. We will create a facebook page for yall in the near future so you can ask questions and get direct info (e.g. which books you need to buy, maybe only 1-2 so don't sweat it). Someone from each entering class starts a groupme over the summer so you all can communicate with each other and keep each other in the loop -if any of you are up to that task 😉
Take the summer to relax, have fun, and save as much money as possible!
Thanks so much, Sheree!!Congrats c/o 2022!!
My name is Sheree and I'm the current VP for class of 2021. We will create a facebook page for yall in the near future so you can ask questions and get direct info (e.g. which books you need to buy, maybe only 1-2 so don't sweat it). Someone from each entering class starts a groupme over the summer so you all can communicate with each other and keep each other in the loop -if any of you are up to that task 😉
Take the summer to relax, have fun, and save as much money as possible!
Sounds good to me. I’ll DM you now.If y’all want I can start the GroupMe. I’d just need you to DM me your name and number and then once you’re added you can add other ppl in our class that you may know.
I’ve added you and 2 other people so farSounds good to me. I’ll DM you now.

Hey y'all! For anyone on FB, the class of 2021 has created a page for y'all to join: "welcome TUCVM class of 2022". I can't tell you how helpful that fb page is in the first few months before getting down here to the school to connect with people, plan living arrangements, and start getting to know names.
Last edited:
Can you post the link please I can’t find itHey y'all! For anyone on FB, the class of 2021 has created a page for y'all to join: "welcome TUCVM class of 2022". I can't tell you how helpful that fb page is in the first few months before getting down here to the school to connect with people, plan living arrangements, and start getting to know names.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn’t find it eitherCan you post the link please I can’t find it
https://facebook.com/?_rdr#~!/groups/812413838943020?tsid=0.10726893387295189&source=result
You may have to copy and paste it instead of just clicking on it or it just might be mine that goes to my FB app rather than the website Lol
You may have to copy and paste it instead of just clicking on it or it just might be mine that goes to my FB app rather than the website Lol
Thank you so much! This is so exciting!! 🙂Hey y'all! For anyone on FB, the class of 2021 has created a page for y'all to join: "welcome TUCVM class of 2022". I can't tell you how helpful that fb page is in the first few months before getting down here to the school to connect with people, plan living arrangements, and start getting to know names.
I'm sending you my information right now! 🙂You're invited to my new group 'TUCVM 2022' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
That is the link to our GroupMe that way anyone can join when they can!
Ooh sorry y'all, let me know if you have any other problems getting on the fb page!
I still haven't heard anything since the interview. Should I contact Ebony?
You can if you would like. She hasn't been answering the phone or emails though.I still haven't heard anything since the interview. Should I contact Ebony?
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from Tuskegee?I still haven't heard anything since the interview. Should I contact Ebony?
I would call LaTia McCurdy. I called and spoke with her just last week, and she was very helpful.I still haven't heard anything since the interview. Should I contact Ebony?
I got an email saying they got my payment. My packet with more info should be coming soon. So yeah the packet comes after payment
What day did you mail off your deposit?I got an email saying they got my payment. My packet with more info should be coming soon. So yeah the packet comes after payment
3/23What day did you mail off your deposit?
I received an email from Ebony this afternoon. They received my deposit and my packet is on the way. I mailed my deposit on Tuesday of this week.
Just received my conformation email from the school that they received my deposit, guess this is all finally sinking in that this is actually happening. Has anyone received their information packet yet? It's hard to find out any particular information like when classes will begin or if there are going to be any orientation events. I really need to sit down and start planning my move and working on financials and a budget 😕.
I was told that the package should be received towards the end of April via email.Just received my conformation email from the school that they received my deposit, guess this is all finally sinking in that this is actually happening. Has anyone received their information packet yet? It's hard to find out any particular information like when classes will begin or if there are going to be any orientation events. I really need to sit down and start planning my move and working on financials and a budget 😕.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
One of my friends is in his second year at Tuskegee. I asked him about TOLE dates since several apartments won't accommodate new tenant move- in dates until August. He said his classmate, who is their class president, told him the dates for TOLE are August 15th- 17th. They are trying to finalize leaders right now. I hope that little bit of information helps!
Not me, I wonder why they haven't sent out our packets yet either. If it is actually a pdf or something electronic then it should be relatively easy to get them to those that have paid their deposits. Maybe they're waiting for the entire class to fill up and then send a group email.
I haven't either. I was hoping we would get our packets last week.Has anyone heard anything about orientation yet?