Tuskegee c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Greens look nice too and they are very affordable. You can also request that they come furnished!

Reactions: 1 user
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 4.10.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 4.09.17 PM.png

Members don't see this ad :)
Also like Westshore Landing, they have availability early as May 7th for their two bedroom/ two bathroom apartments
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 4.17.11 PM.png

I've been looking, I'm now considering Williamsburg place and the garden district, but still looking around

Reactions: 1 users
So far the Garden District has my interest. I just need to call/email them some questions I had.

I sure am! I'm Janice btw. I've been looking at several listings on Zillow and have saved three. There's a 2 bedroom/ 2 bedroom condo that I've been eyeing and I'm already in contact with the owner. It's $950 a month, so of course $475 a piece, not sure if that includes wi-fi and utilities, but can certainly follow up. The lease is also very flexible. I want to look at the apartments that were listed above as well before making my final decision. I've also thought about living on campus. I guess it depends if I can get something solidified before SERP. It's optional, but I would still like to check it out considering first year student's who have participated in the past, had a great first year as a result of the program.

Hi Janice! I'm Kaitlynn. I'm hoping to sit down this weekend to get a better a better idea about housing options. I briefly looked at some apartments in Auburn but didn't find anything that I really liked. I was also looking at the apartments on campus but since they are a first come first serve, I didn't know what their availability would be.

So far the Garden District has my interest. I just need to call/email them some questions I had.
Do you mind sharing if you find the price for them? Im Alex btw

Hi, Alex! The most accurate website I found dealing with pricing and amenities was apartmentguide. It won’t let me post the whole link but I can message it to you if you’d like. The only problem I found (so far) was that they want 2 forms of ID along with your application; which is a student ID and your drivers license/regular ID, but I don’t think we’ll get our student IDs until school starts and that’s entirely too late to be trying to get situated in an apartment. So I’m waiting for them to call or email me back to see if just sending a copy of our acceptance letter is enough.

Hi, Alex! The most accurate website I found dealing with pricing and amenities was apartmentguide. It won’t let me post the whole link but I can message it to you if you’d like. The only problem I found (so far) was that they want 2 forms of ID along with your application; which is a student ID and your drivers license/regular ID, but I don’t think we’ll get our student IDs until school starts and that’s entirely too late to be trying to get situated in an apartment. So I’m waiting for them to call or email me back to see if just sending a copy of our acceptance letter is enough.
I found the site thank you. All looks good but that ID problem. I'm calling apartments on Monday, so I'll also check with them on that & availability.

Just a heads up- if you have pets, especially dogs, I would NOT recommend living at the Garden District. If they cause any damage at all, they will charge you a lot of money when you move out to replace carpets, etc. Otherwise, it's a great place to live! I lived there three years and really enjoyed it other than the pet complications!

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received their packet of documents yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Our Fall 2018 Prices are as follows:

Studio-$765.00 this includes all utilities as well as electricity.

2 Bedrooms/ 2 Bath Townhome- $545.00/ bed.

3 Bedrooms/ 3 Bath Townhome- $465.00/bed.

• All Base Rent prices include water, expanded cable, wireless high speed internet, garbage, and free alarm system.
• $50.00 Application fee per person
• $25.00/ bed for the furniture package, optional.
• $70.00/ bed. electricity package for our 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom ONLY ($140 monthly allowance for entire unit)

I sent them an inquiry and this is what I received back!

I wonder if we can show our acceptance letter in place of a Student ID?

Hi Janice! I'm Kaitlynn. I'm hoping to sit down this weekend to get a better a better idea about housing options. I briefly looked at some apartments in Auburn but didn't find anything that I really liked. I was also looking at the apartments on campus but since they are a first come first serve, I didn't know what their availability would be.
Nice to meet you Kaitlynn! Yes, I'm certainly trying to secure a place sooner rather than later, and would rather have a roommate. The housing option seems a little better since you can rent some that are already furnished.

Has anyone received their packet of documents yet?
I have not. I plan on paying before the end of the month. I have a place marker to make sure I get everything in by the 16th lol.

Our Fall 2018 Prices are as follows:

Studio-$765.00 this includes all utilities as well as electricity.

2 Bedrooms/ 2 Bath Townhome- $545.00/ bed.

3 Bedrooms/ 3 Bath Townhome- $465.00/bed.

• All Base Rent prices include water, expanded cable, wireless high speed internet, garbage, and free alarm system.
• $50.00 Application fee per person
• $25.00/ bed for the furniture package, optional.
• $70.00/ bed. electricity package for our 2 Bedroom/2 Bathroom ONLY ($140 monthly allowance for entire unit)

I sent them an inquiry and this is what I received back!
I’d have to call them when I get off work and see if they accept an acceptance letter and if we could move in earlier than August.

The class of 2021 will start y'all a facebook page soon as well, so if y'all are on fb look out for that! That's another good way to get roomie connections : )

I called the Garden District and they said we don’t have to send the student ID if we don’t have it. We can just use our drivers license. Also, you can’t move in any sooner than August.

I finished my fasfa application last night and received an email today stating it was successfully processed and now up to the school to determine how much aid I’ll receive.

I called the Garden District and they said we don’t have to send the student ID if we don’t have it. We can just use our drivers license. Also, you can’t move in any sooner than August.
Aww that sucks!!

I finished my fasfa application last night and received an email today stating it was successfully processed and now up to the school to determine how much aid I’ll receive.
I did too. I think you have to sign/fill out the entrance counselor thing and mastery promissory agreement too. Do we have to fill out the student financial services form in their financial aid section? I really hope everything we need is in the acceptance packet cause I’m low key winging it right now Lol

I did too. I think you have to sign/fill out the entrance counselor thing and mastery promissory agreement too. Do we have to fill out the student financial services form in their financial aid section? I really hope everything we need is in the acceptance packet cause I’m low key winging it right now Lol
Ditto!!! Winging it to the max LOL.

Are you getting that info from Tuskegee’s website ? I’m winging it right along with y’all lol. Just waiting to get my packet in the mail. I would think they would send it after you’ve sent in your acceptance letter.

Are you getting that info from Tuskegee’s website ? I’m winging it right along with y’all lol. Just waiting to get my packet in the mail. I would think they would send it after you’ve sent in your acceptance letter.
Have you paid yet?

That sucks about garden district. Anyone know anything about samford square? I also really wish they would send that packet. At least give us the dates for orientation & first day of classes.

That sucks about garden district. Anyone know anything about samford square? I also really wish they would send that packet. At least give us the dates for orientation & first day of classes.
I've not looked into Samford Square, but will do. I'll let you know if I find anything.

I just got off the phone with Samford Square and the lady told me it’s $580 for a 2bd/2bth everything is included including furniture the only extra is $10 a month for water. She has to check with her manager and she’ll get back with me but if you want to move in early you just have to sign a waiver saying that they don’t have to flip your apartment so that you can move in before August. Because beginning July 1st they flip/clean all the apartments for the next tenants.

I just spoke with Ms Turk and she said that they will send out information packets after they receive the student deposit. I still haven't received my official letter in the mail yet and its been almost two weeks since I've been accepted. Also, does anyone know what shots and vaccines we need to have, and if we can get them during our first semester or do they need to be done prior to schools starting? I'm wondering if I should get my rabies vaccine through work or would it be cheaper through student insurance.

I just got off the phone with Samford Square and the lady told me it’s $580 for a 2bd/2bth everything is included including furniture the only extra is $10 a month for water. She has to check with her manager and she’ll get back with me but if you want to move in early you just have to sign a waiver saying that they don’t have to flip your apartment so that you can move in before August. Because beginning July 1st they flip/clean all the apartments for the next tenants.
Omg thank you for checking into this. That would be absolutely perfect! Now to find a roommate... hint hint, wink wink lol

I just spoke with Ms Turk and she said that they will send out information packets after they receive the student deposit. I still haven't received my official letter in the mail yet and its been almost two weeks since I've been accepted. Also, does anyone know what shots and vaccines we need to have, and if we can get them during our first semester or do they need to be done prior to schools starting? I'm wondering if I should get my rabies vaccine through work or would it be cheaper through student insurance.
I'm not exactly sure, I can't find anything on the website. Everything says "Coming Soon". Hopefully it will be outlined in the information packet. I guess I better hurry and pay my deposit lol.

Heads up about Samford Square- it's okay housing, but not the best. They are cheap, but they definitely cater towards undergrads. Also hasn't been the safest place in the last couple of years. They have changed their name multiple times in the last several years to get away from the negative association with the shootings (University Heights, Tiger Lodge, Eagles Reserve, and now Samford Square): Man guilty of shooting Auburn University Football Player sentenced Friday, Shooting at party hits Auburn football team. So not the safest place. Although I'm sure if you dig deep enough, each place will have it's own bad history, I've just known that this has been a not particularly safe place in the last 5 years or so.

You can get Rabies done through the school during your first semester here, so I wouldn't waste your money getting that one! Get your other ones updated though (Tb, Tetanus, etc.). The packet will outline a few things- I think you need a general school physical as well.
Edit: I don't think I got my packet till April or so- don't stress!

Heads up about Samford Square- it's okay housing, but not the best. They are cheap, but they definitely cater towards undergrads. Also hasn't been the safest place in the last couple of years. They have changed their name multiple times in the last several years to get away from the negative association with the shootings (University Heights, Tiger Lodge, Eagles Reserve, and now Samford Square): Man guilty of shooting Auburn University Football Player sentenced Friday, Shooting at party hits Auburn football team. So not the safest place. Although I'm sure if you dig deep enough, each place will have it's own bad history, I've just known that this has been a not particularly safe place in the last 5 years or so.

You can get Rabies done through the school during your first semester here, so I wouldn't waste your money getting that one! Get your other ones updated though (Tb, Tetanus, etc.). The packet will outline a few things- I think you need a general school physical as well.
Thank you for the warning! I may just have to call the Garden District again and see if there is any possible way to move in early.

Thank you for this information! I definitely don't want to be where the action is. Low- key and quiet will be great for me, that way there are no distractions.

Anyone have new information on housing?

Just sent my deposit! Should get there by Monday. Hopefully I’ll be receiving my packet soon.
In the acceptance letter it says to send a written notice accepting your seat WITH the deposit. Although Ms Turk told me to email my letter (which I already did), I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to add another one with my money order as well. I tried calling her a few times with no answer. I was already in line at the post office so I just hand wrote one and sent that as well. Anyone else send their deposit yet?

Just sent my deposit! Should get there by Monday. Hopefully I’ll be receiving my packet soon.
In the acceptance letter it says to send a written notice accepting your seat WITH the deposit. Although Ms Turk told me to email my letter (which I already did), I wasn’t sure if I was supposed to add another one with my money order as well. I tried calling her a few times with no answer. I was already in line at the post office so I just hand wrote one and sent that as well. Anyone else send their deposit yet?
I'm sending mine next week. I typed up a letter. It wasn't that long, just stating that I accept my seat and that the deposit is enclosed. Wasn't sure what else they were needing. I also confirmed on her voicemail and responded back to the email as well. Could ya'll tell I was excited? LOL!

I sent mine in with a letter saying I accepted my seat with the money order AND I emailed her just in case. They’re probably not going to answer the phone much or as quickly this weekend because they’re having their vet symposium; it started Wednesday I think.

I sent mine in with a letter saying I accepted my seat with the money order AND I emailed her just in case. They’re probably not going to answer the phone much or as quickly this weekend because they’re having their vet symposium; it started Wednesday I think.
I was in rush and it was last minute realization so hopefully they still accept it even tho is hand written:shrug:

I was in rush and it was last minute realization so hopefully they still accept it even tho is hand written:shrug:
I'm sure they won't mind. Besides, there's also a deposit in there LOL!