This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thatgirlmarss

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I know this is a shot in the dark, but help a fellow student out. So I'm currently taking Hematology, Pharmacology, and Genetics at UC Berkeley Extension (online). So before taking these classes I was ready to learn and ace all of them, and then once I took them I realized that it was 95% self-teaching, and no guidance whatsoever. I will be taking the final for these classes late September, and I wanted to know that if you or anyone that you know took these classes before. What is the best way to study for the final (for any of them)? Are the assignments and quizzes a good way to go? for genetics and pharmacology, was reading the book absolutely necessary? Or can I do without them? Honestly, I'm so desperate for advice at this moment so ANY advice would be very very appreciated. Thank you all so much! :D

Members don't see this ad.

About to take the final for the online pharmacology course at UC Berkeley extension. I also have been unable to find ANY info online about the final and am looking for any and all advice.

About to take the final for the online pharmacology course at UC Berkeley extension. I also have been unable to find ANY info online about the final and am looking for any and all advice.

This class is a nightmare. I regret taking it but now I gotta pass it I don't want to withdraw. But, I talked to the professor he said it isn't supposed to be difficult. He said to study in class assignments & quizzes and if we're unclear on a topic included in those two categories then go back and study them.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Took the final and passed. It's not that bad, just do exactly what he said- review all the quizzes and worksheets. The questions are very similar, some might even be the same. I would also review all the discussions and be familiar with the online video lecture topics, as there were a few short answer questions.

Reactions: 1 user
Took the final and passed. It's not that bad, just do exactly what he said- review all the quizzes and worksheets. The questions are very similar, some might even be the same. I would also review all the discussions and be familiar with the online video lecture topics, as there were a few short answer questions.

Was there anything that was too hard that stood out to you? Congratulations on passing! This makes me feel so much better!! XD

Hello everyone!

I know this is a shot in the dark, but help a fellow student out. So I'm currently taking Hematology, Pharmacology, and Genetics at UC Berkeley Extension (online). So before taking these classes I was ready to learn and ace all of them, and then once I took them I realized that it was 95% self-teaching, and no guidance whatsoever. I will be taking the final for these classes late September, and I wanted to know that if you or anyone that you know took these classes before. What is the best way to study for the final (for any of them)? Are the assignments and quizzes a good way to go? for genetics and pharmacology, was reading the book absolutely necessary? Or can I do without them? Honestly, I'm so desperate for advice at this moment so ANY advice would be very very appreciated. Thank you all so much! :D

Hello! I am currently taking hematology through UC Berkeley too and I am feeling pretty overwhelmed with studying the material since there is no real guidelines on what to study. Do you have any tips on what to focus on? Did you find reading the book necessary? So far, I am making flashcards on pretty much everything that the lecture covers, then I am going through the book to add any additional information I think seems relevant.. but studying this way is taking me FOREVER and I am ending up with waaay too many flashcards (I think I may have like 1000 flashcards or more by the end of the semester doing it this way)! lol.. I can spend up to 8 hours or more on making my study notes for one module.. and I am wondering if I am way over doing it. Thanks for any tips you can provide and hope your classes are going ok!

Hello everyone!

Hi! Could you give me any insight to the genetics final?? I am taking it soon and feel very overwhelmed and lost! I am reading the book but feel like I am wasting my time. Do you feel like reading was helpful? or is it better to just go over the old worksheets, homeworks, and quizzes?? Thanks!