UC Consortium 2018-2019 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried to both email and call them but nobody has called or emailed me back. I’ll try again tomorrow

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted at UCI, hopefully a spot opens up! It was a great place to be, very friendly people!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I found out I was admitted to UCI as well woo hoo ! :soexcited:
thank you for participating in this forum it helped me a lot with this application process
Good luck everybody !!

Reactions: 6 users
I found out I was admitted to UCI as well woo hoo ! :soexcited:
thank you for participating in this forum it helped me a lot with this application process
Good luck everybody !!

See you at orientation:)

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to both of you!! Any idea how large the classes size is going to be?

How were you two notified? Email or phone? Congrats btw!

Any other interview invitations? Just trying to get an idea of who's heard back. My application was marked complete on the 21st. Getting antsy

Any other interview invitations? Just trying to get an idea of who's heard back. My application was marked complete on the 21st. Getting antsy
I am wondering the same thing as well. I submitted my application on February 2nd, and it was marked complete on February 7th. I have not heard back from any of the campuses I applied to. Since some people are already waitlisted for UCI, I am assuming they won't be sending out any additional interview invitations. I'm wondering if anyone has heard back from Davis or Riverside yet. I have to admit, the waiting process is making me quite nervous at this point.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I am wondering the same thing as well. I submitted my application on February 2nd, and it was marked complete on February 7th. I have not heard back from any of the campuses I applied to. Since some people are already waitlisted for UCI, I am assuming they won't be sending out any additional interview invitations. I'm wondering if anyone has heard back from Davis or Riverside yet. I have to admit, the waiting process is making me quite nervous at this point.
I was marked complete January 31st and have had no replies either. It's out of our control at this point. Try to focus on what you can control and keep moving forward!

As far as I know, UCI is done. They have sent out all acceptances and waitlist spots. Also, for us waitlist people, I was told from the director that chances of getting an acceptance are not good. So focus on other schools that are left and start thinking of plan B if UCI was your only choice. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But there's still 3 other schools left and worst comes to worst, there is always next year!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you all for the support! I tend to overthink things. I hope everything works out in everyones' best interest.

Don’t lose hope! UCI is conducting interviews up until April 12th. If you want to confirm feel free to email the pbsom address :)

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard back from UC Davis or know the timeline, or how long they will be conducting interviews?

Rejected from UCI as well :( lets stay positive everyone! There are still 3 more options!

Leeetttttttttttssss geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttttt reeeeeeejjjjjjeeeeccctttttttteeeeeeddddddd! haha

Haven't heard anything from UCI yet, has anyone thought about applying to east coast programs that are due around June I think? Or is everyone mainly trying to stay in California?

Edit: Just received the rejection letter :(

Last edited:
Fellow UCI reject here :bucktooth:. Whatever Irvine, you were way too close to home anyway! Lol

Reactions: 3 users
Fellow UCI reject here :bucktooth:. Whatever Irvine, you were way too close to home anyway! Lol
I love this lol is anyone thinking of applying again next year?? I don't think I was prepared enough in terms of classes this year. I need to redo physics and one of my calc classes

I'm a second year post bacc applicant and I'm not sure what I will be doing. I've been thinking about curing cancer if I don't get into a post bacc to up my chances of getting into medical school. haha

i am so confusion... i got into UPenn and Hopkins but got rejected from UCI... like wut? lol

Reactions: 3 users
i am so confusion... i got into UPenn and Hopkins but got rejected from UCI... like wut? lol
Congrats lol, I'd **** on their rejection letter and then show them your acceptance to John Hopkins ;)

I love this lol is anyone thinking of applying again next year?? I don't think I was prepared enough in terms of classes this year. I need to redo physics and one of my calc classes

Yeah, i'll let you know once this round is over. Ain't tryna summon that bad juju in here namsayn haha. So you're finishing up your last year?

Love that everyone is staying positive! (also received that rejection) But as soon as someone hears from any of the other 3 let us knoooowwww! Getting a little antsy haha

Rejected from UCI too. Let the waiting game for the rest of the 3 schools begin.

Hopping on the UCI rejection train!

(This is all based on last years thread)
- We should start seeing responses from UC Davis in the next week or two
-I think that UCSF should also start sending out interview invites this month and will continue to do so throughout mid May. They don't typically send out decisions until late May/early June.
- It appears UCLA sends out invites starting mid May since this is specifically for re-applicants and the deadline isn't until May.
-Not sure about UCR...but it seems that they heavily favor inland empire residents/UCR grads and typically interview late may-early June.

Last edited:
Waitlisted by UCI.
Received an email today from UCD for a Skype interview. Keep a look out for UCD emails! :)

Hopping on the UCI rejection train!

(This is all based on last years thread)
- We should start seeing responses from UC Davis in the next week or two
-I think that UCSF should also start sending out interview invites this month and will continue to do so throughout mid May. They don't typically send out decisions until late May/early June.
- It appears UCLA sends out invites starting mid May since this is specifically for re-applicants and the deadline isn't until May.
-Not sure about UCR...but it seems that they heavily favor inland empire residents/UCR grads and typically interview late may-early June.

I have heard about UCR preferring students from the Inland Empire.... especially those who reside or went to school in Riverside. I went to La Sierra Univeristy in Riverside and whenever a rep from the school of medicine came they always focused on recruiting students who grew up in Riverside and plan on staying back and helping their community

Does anyone know if you need all the prerequisites completed before the application was submitted? I haven’t taken Biochemistry but that’s a course that will be taken during the program so does it matter?

For the people who got accepted into UCI how long after your application was marked complete did you get an invitation for a interview?

I sent in all my stuff late Feb and submitted my application on the deadline date. A few hours after submission I was marked complete with a receipt date of 3/23/18 on all my materials. Seems like they hold onto them and then assign once they actually get your app.

Bottom line... If you have submitted and do not see any dates for your LORs, transcripts, etc then I would definitely contact the Consortium via telephone or e-mail them. It means they haven't received the materials or haven't linked them to your application likely because of the discrepancy between when you sent them and when you turned in the app. Good luck!

I completed my application on the 18th of January and all my supplemental documents were received late March...early April. Not sure what happened there just hoping for the best

I'm a second year post bacc applicant and I'm not sure what I will be doing. I've been thinking about curing cancer if I don't get into a post bacc to up my chances of getting into medical school. haha
Hahah there are other options ! I have been always relying on this program as a plan B in case I didn't do well as an undergraduate however you do not have to do a formal postbacc to showcase your learning abilities. For example, if you feel you are lacking in mainly academics try taking upper divisions through UC open extension. Its expensive but if you do well that will definitely look promising to med school admissions. Secondly, get feedback. Perhaps it is not so much grade enhancement you need but more clinical or research experience. If going to medical school and being a doctor is something you are determined to accomplish it can be done it is just going to take a little more time and a lot of hard work. However this cycle is not over yet! Whatever is meant to happen will happen, I promise

Yeah, i'll let you know once this round is over. Ain't tryna summon that bad juju in here namsayn haha. So you're finishing up your last year?
No I actually already graduated. But after interviewing with UCI it seems that I need to redo calc and physics to be prepared for the mcat components of the program. UCI would allow me to take them since their mcat prep wasn't until spring of next year BUT I didnt get accepted. The other schools start with mcat prep so I dont think I am prepared for their programs (sigh).

For the people who got accepted into UCI how long after your application was marked complete did you get an invitation for a interview?
I was invited for an interview about a week after my application was marked complete.

For those who got accepted to UCI or have been extended interview invites, do you mind sharing your stats like GPA on here so we can gauge what the admissions committees are looking for when considering applicants for interview/admission.

For those who got accepted to UCI or have been extended interview invites, do you mind sharing your stats like GPA on here so we can gauge what the admissions committees are looking for when considering applicants for interview/admission.
sGPA 2.84
cGPA 3.07
First time applicant, havent taken the MCAT
I was definitely suprised I got accepted to UCI. But a question I asked the interviewers definitely put a lot into persepctive...
I asked what qualifications they believe a student should have to excel in the program. What they said is that they are looking for students who already have clinical and research experience, who have demonstrated a commitment to working in underserved communities and have a well rounded personality that will fit in the program. They want students who are strong candidates for med school that only need academic improvement. They said they would like to see an upwards trend of the gpa over time. For me , this is what I was worried about the most. First year 3.8 or so second 3.0 thrid 2.5 and fourth 3.8. I was worried because my record shows more of a downwards trend but I definitely made more of a strong comeback and I had strong LORs as well. I hope this gives some of you insight. I am also thinking about posting a vid about my experience/application as well. Don't lose hope! It is possible, you just have to sell yourself

Reactions: 5 users
sGPA 2.84
cGPA 3.07
First time applicant, havent taken the MCAT
I was definitely suprised I got accepted to UCI. But a question I asked the interviewers definitely put a lot into persepctive...
I asked what qualifications they believe a student should have to excel in the program. What they said is that they are looking for students who already have clinical and research experience, who have demonstrated a commitment to working in underserved communities and have a well rounded personality that will fit in the program. They want students who are strong candidates for med school that only need academic improvement. They said they would like to see an upwards trend of the gpa over time. For me , this is what I was worried about the most. First year 3.8 or so second 3.0 thrid 2.5 and fourth 3.8. I was worried because my record shows more of a downwards trend but I definitely made more of a strong comeback and I had strong LORs as well. I hope this gives some of you insight. I am also thinking about posting a vid about my experience/application as well. Don't lose hope! It is possible, you just have to sell yourself
Thank you for your cander! This post put's a lot of my worries to the wayside!