-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UCLA ---> Happy January 15th!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~
Started by QuantumMechanic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Any OOSers have the letter sent?
I haven't had a status change yet either...any OOSer with a status change?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im out-of-state - no change. oh well... doesnt look good. called the office, but got an ambiguous response ("when we make a decision, status will change").
happy January 15th everyone!! hahaha
Can someone PLEASE ask whether these decisions were mailed out yesterday or today, because last year I believe they were mailed the day before they updated the page.
why cant you ask?
I interviewed in early Dec and have not received a status page change. Is this mean I'm getting rejected? Sigh..i'm getting depressed.🙁 

i don't think we should read too much into this - for all we know, all the letters that were sent are rejections only. it would make sense that acceptance letters need more time to process - include second look stuff, ask for final transcripts, etc. a rejection is easy to send out.
i don't think we should read too much into this - for all we know, all the letters that were sent are rejections only. it would make sense that acceptance letters need more time to process - include second look stuff, ask for final transcripts, etc. a rejection is easy to send out.
both come in a thin envelope so I don't know if there's really much of a difference in the prep for a reject or an acceptance
decisions are sent out all together: this means accepts, rejects, and waitlists.
also, sometimes the adcom deffers making a decision on your file, and therefore, you might have to wait longer.
also, sometimes the adcom deffers making a decision on your file, and therefore, you might have to wait longer.
WHAT?!?! STATUS CHANGES?! *checks page*
... in-state, interviewed mid-December, and no status change....
... in-state, interviewed mid-December, and no status change....
no status page change... and i interviewed in october. It's really hard not to be pessimistic about this. AHHH!! I can't take this much longer! 🙁
WHAT?!?! STATUS CHANGES?! *checks page*
... in-state, interviewed mid-December, and no status change....
I hear ya!
Like you, Fuji, I interviewed in October & don't have a status page yet!!!! And, like you, my gut rxn is that it's not good news - but I'm going to try to maintain optimism! Maybe they just haven't updated all the status pages - maybe they're doing it in batches, who knows - it's all speculation right now.
GOOD LUCK, EVERYONE!!!
I would say congratulations to those with status page changes, but since we don't know what it means yet I don't want to jinx you all!
This thread has been an amazing source of support, and I wish us all the best of luck
!!!!!!!!!!!
😍 dreaming of ucla.... 😍 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ooo-- Im out of state! and my letter was sent today! anxiously waiting for it!!!!!!!!!! ill keep you all posted.
(why did they have to mail it on a friday, now I prolly wont know till monday!)
(why did they have to mail it on a friday, now I prolly wont know till monday!)
Anyone know if these letters today were sent yesterday...or not? By the way, a knowledgeable source told me you can not get a status update by phone on the decision.
Best of luck to you all...I remember last year, the sent a couple of batches of acceptances so not being in the first pile doesn't mean much for us.
on the status, it says letter sent: 2/23/07
that's right, but last year the date it said sent on the status page was one day after it was really sent...meaning it was mailed yesterday.
Status page change here (IS, and interviewed in late October...4 monthes latter...a decision...hoepfully).
GL to all
GL to all

that's right, but last year the date it said sent on the status page was one day after it was really sent...meaning it was mailed yesterday.
hoping for that
I wonder when all these status pages changed - like all at once? are they trickling in? will they continue updating status pages throughout the afternoon?
I wonder when all these status pages changed - like all at once? are they trickling in? will they continue updating status pages throughout the afternoon?
excellent question...I wish someone could check with the office to see if they were mailed yesterday, because that could really help us know whether we will possibly hear tomorrow or have to wait till monday...
i already checked about something else over the phone today...
No status change here. I interviewed in early October (in-state). My last name is somewhere in the middle, hopefully they're getting to me soon!
No status change here. I interviewed in early October (in-state). My last name is somewhere in the middle, hopefully they're getting to me soon!
my last name starts with a Y, FYI
For Futuredoc - i think they sent it yesterday, because you really think they were speedy enough to send out letters + update website? And it doesnt really make any real difference because everyone will get it by next friday and probably tuesday-wed at the earliest.
WOW, we burned through a page in a day...but I have to admit, I would have thought this thread was gonna explode on decision day.
my last name starts with a Y, FYI
For Futuredoc - i think they sent it yesterday, because you really think they were speedy enough to send out letters + update website? And it doesnt really make any real difference because everyone will get it by next friday and probably tuesday-wed at the earliest.
Agree, but it would be nice to have some confirmation.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
find the thread from last year and provide a link. thanks.
just to add:
i interviewed oct.4
decision letter sent 2/23/07
just to add:
i interviewed oct.4
decision letter sent 2/23/07
find the thread from last year and provide a link. thanks.
just to add:
i interviewed oct.4
decision letter sent 2/23/07
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=175236&page=2&highlight=ucla+2005
for 2005
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=251895&highlight=ucla+acceptance
2006
i didnt read through all of 2005 but from the looks of 2006:
First batch: mostly acceptance
2nd batch: waitlists
3rd batch: holds
i didnt read it further than that. judgement is up to you guys
if anyone was still waiting to hear about interviews (like me), I just got offered one! woohoo!
Me too!!! Congrats! I checked my status page after everyone who had interviewed said there was a change and voila! Interview requested! I called the admissions office to ask if the letter was sent out already because I work in the hospital and she said they hadn't. I went to pick up my letter five seconds later! So I would guess that since there was a status change on pre and post interview people, the letters would be sent out at the same time. That would mean that everyone's letters weren't sent out yet. And I would think that they'd change the status page first, since they would probably have to update some sort of database with the names of people who will be sent a letter. I would bet that the letters are picked up by the campus mail guys this afternoon, which would mean everyone would start receiving them early-late next week. Good luck everyone!
I'm out-of-state, and I have the status message change. "Letter Sent 2/23/2007." I interviewed, I think, 11/30, but I don't remember exactly.
By the way, here's the status page, for anybody who doesn't keep track of the address: https://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/applications/appstat/appforms/status.htm
By the way, here's the status page, for anybody who doesn't keep track of the address: https://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/applications/appstat/appforms/status.htm
i was reading the 2006 thread, there seemed to be a mix of everything in the first batch, no? or did i read wrong?
I believe Sekiray was right, it appears most, if not all, of the initial decisions were acceptances. This does not mean the decisions after were NOT acceptances, but that was the trend.
Perhaps, people who don't get accepted don't post...so this is not a good judge.
Perhaps, people who don't get accepted don't post...so this is not a good judge.
Anyone have any more news?
Here's News:
My status has not changed, despite the fact that I interviewed way back in September...actually, on 9/11 (maybe that's an omen?). C'mon, UCLA, I already told you i'm not Al Qaeda.....let me in already
My status has not changed, despite the fact that I interviewed way back in September...actually, on 9/11 (maybe that's an omen?). C'mon, UCLA, I already told you i'm not Al Qaeda.....let me in already

i was reading the 2006 thread, there seemed to be a mix of everything in the first batch, no? or did i read wrong?
you read my name and my post wrong.
I said mostly acceptances. I didnt say strictly acceptances.
I guess the people who got waitlisted/rejected didnt speak out. But from the thread, it seemed like most were good news. Cuz later on, you can definitely tell that the news gets worse. (for 06)
Ok - here's what I found:
2005
1/25/05 - Acceptances
2/1/05 - Acceptances
2/8/05 - Acceptances
3/4/05 - Acceptances
3/7/05 - Acceptances, Rejections & Waitlists
2006
2/23/06 - Acceptances
3/3/06 - Rejection/Waitlist
3/7/06 - Waitlist
3/13/06 - Acceptances (including one who interviewed in Nov)
This leaves me not knowing what to expect (since I haven't received any notice yet), but I am going to remain hopeful!
GL EVERYONE!!!
2005
1/25/05 - Acceptances
2/1/05 - Acceptances
2/8/05 - Acceptances
3/4/05 - Acceptances
3/7/05 - Acceptances, Rejections & Waitlists
2006
2/23/06 - Acceptances
3/3/06 - Rejection/Waitlist
3/7/06 - Waitlist
3/13/06 - Acceptances (including one who interviewed in Nov)
This leaves me not knowing what to expect (since I haven't received any notice yet), but I am going to remain hopeful!
GL EVERYONE!!!
Ok - here's what I found:
2005
2/1/05 - Acceptances
2/8/05 - Acceptances
3/4/05 - Acceptances
3/7/05 - Acceptances, Rejections & Waitlists
2006
2/23/06 - Acceptances
3/3/06 - Rejection/Waitlist
3/7/06 - Waitlist
3/13/06 - Acceptances (including one who interview in Nov)
This leaves me not knowing what to expect (since I haven't received any notice yet), but I am going to remain hopeful!![]()
GL EVERYONE!!!
For 2005, don't forget 1/25 --- acceptances (my batch 😉 ).
Good luck, eveybody! It's about time! 🙂
For 2005, don't forget 1/25 --- acceptances (my batch 😉 ).
Whoops! Sorry UCLAStudent! 😀
Good luck, eveybody! It's about time! 🙂
And judging by previous years' results - this batch looks like it might be 😀 news (here's hoping for all y'all with status changes today!!!!)
And
GOOD LUCK
to those still waiting!no status change.
in state. interviewed in november.
ok. NOW i'm nervous!!!!
🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i interviewed mid-jan, btw
I interviewed early Jan, no status change yet
Best of luck everybody! Nice to see UCLA gettings things moving along

I don't think any of us will get any news before Monday, but if you please post. 

I'll add to the frenzy. I interviewed early October and also got the status change today. I'm SOOO nervous! In a way, I'd rather my decision be a straight acceptance or rejection. It would sux to be in limbo. 🙁 Good luck everyone! 

My letter was also sent today. I'm IS and interviewed in October.
Don't worry if your status page didn't change today. Maybe they didn't have enough time to update everything (think about how many applicants they interviewed between September and January/February). Also, this is only the first batch and there is no guarantee that it's only acceptances (although I hope it is).
BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE!!!
😍 LUVYA ALL!!! 😍 AND THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UPDATES!!!
Don't worry if your status page didn't change today. Maybe they didn't have enough time to update everything (think about how many applicants they interviewed between September and January/February). Also, this is only the first batch and there is no guarantee that it's only acceptances (although I hope it is).
BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE!!!
😍 LUVYA ALL!!! 😍 AND THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND UPDATES!!!Just to help make some sense of all of this: I'm out of state, interviewed in mid-December, and had a status change today. Also, I called the office to see if I could coax them for my decision early (i'm rather excited about this), but all the secretary could tell me was that my letter should arrive in 3 or 4 days. I hope that helps!!
Best of luck to you all...
Best of luck to you all...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 441
- Replies
- 21
- Views
- 5K
hang loose dudes!!! (east-coaster trying to be cool cali...) OOS, interviewed Nov 30th, and hoping for the best re: the status page change today...